User Tag List

12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Which of your hobbies do you think stand out the most, given your personality? Why?

-Interior decorating. I'm disappointed I haven't had much chance of that lately.
    -Making beer, wine, cider etc. at home.

Why would these things stand out considering my personality?
    -I guess most people of my style just focus on their careers and buy a good designer to make things for them, instead of thinking about colors, light etc. themselves. This do-it-yourself thing seems like an oddity considering rest of my values.

-Making wine, cider, beer.. there are fine wines, beers etc for sale, why try to make them myself? I like the lowly craftmanship involved. I can enjoy the product. Still, I could have similar quality drinks from the shop, with the same price, taking into account my work into it.

Explanation?

Hobbies are something where you go out of your usual mode of things. Sports aren't unusual for a person like me. Dance isn't. Playing computer games isn't. Editing the Wikipedia isn't.

So, any things you find it odd to like? Some things you find yourself often explaining about, especially the part why you like them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

More than one person has found it odd I like domestic things like canning, gardening and quilting. A woman I work with said, I didn't even think they still sold canning jars. I didn't think anyone did that, it's old-fashioned. That may be so but my strawberry jam is like eating summertime in the dead of winter so I'll keep on doing it. I guess it is because my personality doesn't seem like I would want anything to do with those "gentle" hobbies. I love them, especially gardening.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Hobbies are something where you go out of your usual mode of things.
    That's funny. Hobbies are everything as far as I'm concerned.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

-Renaissance Festival
    -Star Trek

Because of my hobbies, those are the "weird" ones.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

ThatGirl

Hm. Other than this forum, I don't have too many hobbies. I think most of my interests express themselves by what classes I am taking this semester.

I'm turning into my father, lol. The guy who sits behind the computer all day, laughing at his own intellectual pursuits. INTP (who swears he is E).

There are a lot of things I would like to be doing. Learning to play the piano and trumpet. A foreign language. Getting back into shape and practicing ballet again. Learning to salsa dance. Thanks to Ivy, the roller derby. Kung fu. Some form of art. The sensual science of sex (yeah I said it).

Idk, my desired hobbies tend to focus more on the mastering of certain skills I don't already have.

My desired hobbies tend to be more physically focused. I would actually love to somehow fit something like a martial arts class into my schedule (something like Tae Kwon Do, Kendo, Fencing, or Archery.)

Of the things I've spent a long time without thinking of the time, it has to be building something. Something like gundam models.... I can build for hours. I think helping to make something, time has, more often than not, not been time focused one bit.

I've actually gotten out of my way many, many times to exercise (mostly weight training.) Or rather, weight training has been something that seems to be more prevalent this and last year.

Other hobbies have been gaming and computers. I think this bit has to do with my middle school upbringing.

Doesn't sound like it stands out much....

Designing stuff that has some detail to it. Graphic design stuff as a hobby. It throws people when I get into detail, I don't come across as the really detailed type.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

My main fascinations are with literature and poetry, but I think that's pretty unsurprising given my personality type (and my background and upbringing...not very original of me really!)

People are sometimes surprised to learn that I'm also a rock chick/metalhead. well, not really a metalhead, though some have teased me for being one. I like hard rock such as Def Leppard, Queensryche and Dream Theater (as well as less "hard" rock, but most of my musical loves fall under rock, hard rock or classic rock...and classical too). I think a lot of people perceive me as a very "good girl" so they are surprised that I love loud rowdy music and going out to concerts, screaming and waving my arms and making a fool of myself.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    People are sometimes surprised to learn that I'm also a rock chick/metalhead. well, not really a metalhead, though some have teased me for being one. I like hard rock such as Def Leppard, Queensryche and Dream Theater (as well as less "hard" rock, but most of my musical loves fall under rock, hard rock or classic rock...and classical too). I think a lot of people perceive me as a very "good girl" so they are surprised that I love loud rowdy music and going out to concerts, screaming and waving my arms and making a fool of myself.
    Your music tastes sound similar to mine. I don't like the screaming kind of metal so much but I do listen alot of hard rock, classic rock, as well as classical. I think people are sometimes surprised by the first two because I'm usually pretty quiet and serious and intellectual, I don't really seem like the "type" to enjoy that sort of music.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned

Basketball seems to be an atypical hobby for an intp.

But yeah..I don't have too many hobbies besides monkeying around online and (rarely these days) poker.

I want to take a cooking class one day.