User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which of your hobbies do you think stand out the most, given your personality? Why?

I'm kind of questioning my type atm, but I thought I'd mention that some apparent INFP skills (like being good with language/poetry.. but that could be INFJ :confused don't exactly come easy. Although I can write, I've devoted more time to music (mostly guitars). I don't even write lyrics that much. I don't think of new concepts in my head in terms of poetry.. it's always noise or some visual motif. Not even sure if that's true. I don't have many musical ideas until I pick up an instrument. Other hobbies are more about just being a voracious "consumer". Books, movies, games, etc.. I geek out on a lot of subjects and before I know it, become fairly well versed in them, I think. I guess that's a hobby. My general appreciation for all of the cool things in the world. That's my hobby :rolli:. I appreciate people who I can share this with more than single interests, like music.

Another awesome member. Array Curator's Avatar

intensely studying other human beings is a hobby of mine that most are rather surprised to find out about, I dont know why this surprises people, but it often does, especially when they realize how much I have learned about them...

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    6w5 sp/sx

Well, the hobby that people are always most surprised by in person is that I play 6 instruments. Because I wear hearing aids and am legally deaf. But I don't know that that really qualifies as personality... So I'd probably say my drawing/painting. I don't think people generally associate ISTJ with artist.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

I'm not particularly shy, but I am pretty reserved. One of my hobbies, though, is public speaking. I end up taking on the mannerisms and enunciations of a preacher, politician, or motivational speaker

I was into yoga for a few years, but that was pretty much because of what my personality wasn't: placid and contented. Yoga offered that to me.

Other than that, nothing too surprising. My main hobbies deal with psychology, computers, and music

4 so/sp

Hmm... I have been a birdwatcher (in a serious sense, in terms of learning about hundreds of species, not just looking at the birdfeeder birds) since around 6th grade. I was also pretty into logic puzzles as a teenager, and even today, if I found the type of puzzles I actually like more often than I do, I'd do those more often for 'fun'. I'm also into rock-climbing.

Another going-against-typical-infj-things is probably the fact that I really dislike poetry, and always have. However, I LOVE almost any other type of literature and am a fan of many of the classics. Oh, and I love sci-fi too, and that probably goes against infj a bit.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

6w5 sp/sx
    EII Ni

I took a pole-dancing class regularly for a while.

And I just dance period, it comes so naturally for me. This is the main reason why I'm mistaken for an extrovert, when I am hardly no such thing. It's really cathartic and I feel exceptionally free and out of this world when I do...