User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I agree with you. It would be great if people didn't invest their egos so much, and could just share the knowledge without judgement.

I think that perhaps sometimes, people don't realize how being pretentious or judgmental affects others.
    It's ok you can cry on my shoulder. I always suspected you aint a genius
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

ThatGirl

It is because knowledge is power, and very few people are willing to relinquish power. Those who do are confident that they can maintain knowledge, and still have a leg to stand on if others know what they already know. They not only set the intellectual standard but propel their environments to grow as a whole.

Other people fear if they give up their knowledge, then what would they know? What edge will they have? This is because they refuse to evolve. They fail to understand that what you know now, has very little to do with what you can still.

As long as your knowledge remains self contained, the only person who thinks you are smart is you. Since there is no real substance to present, and nothing to defend, the concept of intelligence remains a non debatable illusion.

It is intellectual camouflaging. A self defensive tactic.

I thought about this after the How Stingy Are You With Your Knowledge thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I thought about this after the How Stingy Are You With Your Knowledge thread.
    You're stingy with your knowledge since you didn't provide a link to the thread. Lol.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Anyone else feel this way when posting? Like you're constantly being criticized for not quoting long chunks of texts or reiterating stuff you learned from a book? That you get bored after 2 posts in a debate so you leave, especially when you realize the person you're debating with is stubborn and will just twist your words? That you don't write novels for posts? that what you're curious about, others see as dumb/retarded/useless.

I'm sorry I will never be an intellectual, it's just not who I am. I still love to learn.
    Think of it like dogs peeing on the same tree. People need to make their statement over yours to feel like they matter, so they will tear your ideas down instead of producing an original thought of their own. It's easier and makes them feel on top.

Imparting knowledge is an interesting topic. Many Ti-doms are really good at it since they break larger concepts down to explicit detail, using explicit verbiage so not much to nothing is missed. Ni-dom/Te-aux's less so, although members like uumlau are excellent teachers. Te-dom/Ni-aux's can be too terse, expecting people to fill in the blanks and not deliberately so. Same goes for many Ni-dom/Te-aux's.

Glycerine

I find that imparting w/ personal and psychological knowledge has more power than just general knowledge. Ideas are just ideas.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Anyone else feel this way when posting? Like you're constantly being criticized for not quoting long chunks of texts or reiterating stuff you learned from a book? That you get bored after 2 posts in a debate so you leave, especially when you realize the person you're debating with is stubborn and will just twist your words? That you don't write novels for posts? that what you're curious about, others see as dumb/retarded/useless.

I'm sorry I will never be an intellectual, it's just not who I am. I still love to learn.
    Sometimes I feel this way, Purp. Overall, this forum made me realize how many people love to read and vomit information, and in the end, I can feel more grateful for my natural analytical ability and intelligence. 1.) I don't have to fake it. 2.) I don't have to hide it anymore in real life. I found that a lot of people try hard to sound smart, being naturally smart is a good thing, not a dorky thing.

I've always been insecure about the way I look, how people view me, how fun I am, how many friends I have. Never been insecure about my intelligence. I always felt that it was a burden when I was younger, like it made me not fit in as well. Also, it can be a detriment to mental health. (Ignorance is bliss, as they say!) This forum made me place more value on intelligence.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.