User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

^ But on the other hand are intuition and sensing / thinking (objective decision making) and feeling (value based decision making) actually the opposites? I mean, it is possible that they aren't actually opposites but just different features of people.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Plus that it is hard to define intellectuality for Feeler types. They'ld always need to show a great deal of organization, management and detached rationality to convince their subjective insights into how a person feels are true. If they'ld go by "I have the feeling that", this society and their prevailing norms wouldnt give them the benefits of calling them intellectual, they'ld rather call them empathical. Yet in my book especially those last two words always go together
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

ThatGirl

You guys are crazy.
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 02-17-2011 at 07:24 AM. Reason: I agree I am just too tired to analyze.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    ^ But on the other hand are intuition and sensing / thinking (objective decision making) and feeling (value based decision making) actually the opposites? I mean, it is possible that they aren't actually opposites but just different features of people.
    You can't have one function without the other. The points of differentiation are arbitrary. Function theory is about preferences, not absolutes. That's why thinking of the tradition pairings as continuum scales work so well.
    Last edited by CrystalViolet; 02-17-2011 at 07:43 AM. Reason: so you knew what post I was responding to
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Plus that it is hard to define intellectuality for Feeler types. They'ld always need to show a great deal of organization, management and detached rationality to convince their subjective insights into how a person feels are true. If they'ld go by "I have the feeling that", this society and their prevailing norms wouldnt give them the benefits of calling them intellectual, they'ld rather call them empathical. Yet in my book especially those last two words always go together
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]