User Tag List

123 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default INTPs With More Fi than Fe

I noticed on the cognitive function tests, many INTPs showed more use of Fi than Fe, myself included. ReflecttcelfeR had some good ideas on this. Anyone want to contribute on why this might be? Eric B, do you have thoughts on this?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, the way I'm seeing it is that INTP is more similar to IxFP than it is to ExFJ, and that Ti and Fi are very similar, but Ti and Fe are pretty different.

Ti and Fi are both basically about defining things, but Fi filters for what is valued, and Ti filters for what the facts are. They can get a bit tangled sometimes. It's tricky for me because Fi is like my third strongest function... perhaps that explains why I am confused so much of the time. They are similar enough to be more likely to be tangled in with an INTP's stronger functions.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

And I'm not the only one with Fi>Fe here... it just looks like it right now.

Certainly one of those INTPs with high Fi than Fe ... curious myself why this is *stays glued to thread*

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I noticed on the cognitive function tests, many INTPs showed more use of Fi than Fe, myself included. ReflecttcelfeR had some good ideas on this. Anyone want to contribute on why this might be? Eric B, do you have thoughts on this?
    Eric B posted something about it here:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1476326
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Blame the 8th function. It's not uncommon to have some hold on it, though it's usually uncontrolled and self-destructive in nature,unless painstakingly and consciously developed if I remember my functions order correctly. You're more influenced than you think by it. I have the same with Se. I bump into doors, have bruises everywhere and can't find a thing, but I enjoy dancing and good food immensely and am a pretty good cook due to the fact that I know which flavor will compliment each other.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i score pretty high on Fi and weak with Fe, but i think its actually Fe + Ti. Fe giving the basis for decision making, but then i think it through with Ti, and it resembles Fi since the Fe+Ti works mainly in a introverted dimension due to my high Ti.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

INTPs often have more Fi than Fe because function order/stacking is crap, and has no logical basis in personality. There are ENFPs who obviously use more Fe than Fi. There are ENTJs who obviously use more Ne than Ni. And pretty much all IxTJs use Ti and it's evident.

Moral of the story is never get fundamental or rigid about function order, it's arbitrary. However the function descriptors themselves can be really useful.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

I've very different thoughts on the matter.

I would suggest that the cognitive function tests have trouble distinguishing the unconscious functions. Most INTPs do not have any Fi-vibe that I can detect: I see Fe. But when taking the test, an INTP is anything but an Fe social butterfly. So, subjectively, they know they're introverted, and they know that their feeling side is under wraps (Ti-dom), so it's easy for them to think of their values as being very subjective, and that comes out on the test as "Fi." But that "Fi", in terms of quality, how it relates to others and communicates, prefers an Fe interaction style.

So I would suggest that it isn't "Fi" but rather "introverted Fe." Or more appropriately "this is how inferior Fe feels when one is young," and as one grows older and more sure of their feeling side, it will much more clearly become a conscious Fe.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I've very different thoughts on the matter.

I would suggest that the cognitive function tests have trouble distinguishing the unconscious functions. Most INTPs do not have any Fi-vibe that I can detect: I see Fe. But when taking the test, an INTP is anything but an Fe social butterfly. So, subjectively, they know they're introverted, and they know that their feeling side is under wraps (Ti-dom), so it's easy for them to think of their values as being very subjective, and that comes out on the test as "Fi." But that "Fi", in terms of quality, how it relates to others and communicates, prefers an Fe interaction style.

So I would suggest that it isn't "Fi" but rather "introverted Fe." Or more appropriately "this is how inferior Fe feels when one is young," and as one grows older and more sure of their feeling side, it will much more clearly become a conscious Fe.
    I agree with this.

Basically, an INTP CAN'T have more Fi than Fe. If they do, that means they're really another type.

Having Ti necessitates having Fe, because having Thinking in the inner world pushes Feeling into the outer world. You NEED one judging function and one perceiving function in each world, or you couldn't function at all.

I believe that the high Fi score is often an anomaly, however, that just looks like Fi-ish to the test, but isn't Fi in essence or character. It's Fe drawn inward somewhat by Si and Ti, but still Fe and not Fi.