User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 26

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default Crying for no apparent reason

    During the last 3-4 months, maybe 6-7 times now, I'll be listening to music and for no apparent reason I will start crying.
    And it's usually more than a few tears..It's a flood and it's uncontrollable.

    The music doesn't have to be particularly sad nor does my mood.
    The song doesn't have to be associated with any particular memory, nor have I had any "shocks" to the system on the days it happens.
    I just start crying and I can't stop until it burns itself out.

    It only happens when I listen to music.
    And it seems so random.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Are you missing someone?

  3. #3
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,772

    Default

    I don't know, but time's i've cried for no reason I was really depressed but their never seemed to be trigger like music.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  4. #4
    Epiphany
    Guest

    Default

    Maybe it's your subconscious expressing itself. I don't know. It doesn't sound unhealthy though. It's probably better than repressing it. I find it difficult to cry even when I'm feeling sad, and it's not because of some macho bullshit. I rarely show much emotion outwardly. I'm more likely to repress it or express it in writing.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Are you missing someone?
    Hmmmm.. sometimes??


    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I don't know, but time's i've cried for no reason I was really depressed but their never seemed to be trigger like music.
    I was really depressed.. I don't think it's so bad these days. That's one of the weird things about it is that like today, I was not sad or upset.
    I was in a decent mood.
    I would say It's been happening since I have been feeling "better"

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    Maybe it's your subconscious expressing itself. I don't know. It doesn't sound unhealthy though. It's probably better than repressing it. I find it difficult to cry even when I'm feeling sad, and it's not because of some macho bullshit. I rarely show much emotion outwardly. I'm more likely to repress it or express it in writing.
    I've no doubt it's some repressed stuff coming out.. But I wonder why it seems to have no real association to anything.
    There is no focal point to it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Crazy hormones?

    Sometimes when mine are in a flux, like menstrating or new birth control, I'll cry for no apparent reason.

    Depression does this to me, too.

    Music or movies can really pull on my heart strings for some reason, too.

    I'm just a cryer, really.

    You know, arclight... I'm not sure if you are male or female.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  8. #8
    Epiphany
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I've no doubt it's some repressed stuff coming out.. But I wonder why it seems to have no real association to anything.
    There is no focal point to it.
    There may be no direct association that you're aware of to the music, but music itself is very powerful and can have a profound effect. Maybe it is simply opening up a way for you to express repressed feelings. Like therapy.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Crazy hormones?

    Sometimes when mine are in a flux, like menstrating or new birth control, I'll cry for no apparent reason.

    Depression does this to me, too.

    Music or movies can really pull on my heart strings for some reason, too.

    I'm just a cryer, really.

    You know, arclight... I'm not sure if you are male or female.
    I am all male right down to my furry chest..

    I do score slightly on the female side of brain gender tests..

    Now.. Hormones could be the culprit.

  10. #10
    Dependable Skeleton Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    627

    Default

    This sounds familiar. It happens to me occasionally too, and only during periods where I've "turned off" my feelings or emotions for a brief period. Of course, I've reached the point where I am almost physically incapable of crying, but moisture still fogs my eyes when a particularly moving song will play (for me, it's Green Fields of France by Dropkick Murphys).

    So perhaps you've been repressing something, as others have said... or your mind just needs some way to emote, since emotions are generally healthy (at least I've been told they are)...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

Similar Threads

  1. Acknowledge Someone for No Particular Reason
    By LunaLuminosity in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 04:55 AM
  2. Ever been unliked for no reason at all?
    By Cloudblue in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 12:52 PM
  3. [ENTP] ENTPs: Do you make up stuff for no reason?
    By Metamorphosis in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 12:16 AM
  4. [INFP] Depressed for no reason?
    By Nonsensical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO