• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you told another TypologyCl member they're useless, meaningless or unpopular?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Many told me and have forgotten about it.

I havent forgotten about it:

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXQTzJgU6qc"]:D[/youtube]

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have told a few users their thread's are useless and meaningless. Otherwise not directly to a user.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did tell one person they were unpopular at the moment. But it was true.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well I've been told to be unpopular, but the information has often been meaningless to me, perhaps because of the contexts in question.

Anyways, telling someone they're unpopular seems like resorting to the power of Fe as authority. A failing tactic in some cases. On the other hand, I organize some movie/game indexes a lot in Wikipedia, and there's a consensus about handling someone's popularity by verifiable ratings etc. In that case, we can turn popularity in a relatively objective value, or at least handle it as such.

I think I have said something like this to someone at one time. I think mostly everyone is meaningless, and I am too, absolutely! People's concepts of their own importance is just dust in the air. It's vapor. It's as passing as a breath. It's transitory. It's like grass that is green today, and tomorrow it rots in the ground. To find comfort in it is humane. But to hold of it with one's full power.. to hold it in such importance.. that's pitiful.

Unless, of course, the popularity can be transmuted to something substantial.

I think it is more of a belief, rather than a real thing, that popularity will amount to something substantial. So, we're really talking about sub-par insults if we were to describe someone as popular - if such a saying were indeed an insult.

Oddly, I see some forms of popularity as good. Perhaps I'm just someone who sees popularity from their own perspective, without a greater concept of the big picture.

(edited this post many times)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Some time ago I used to hang out with an estp friend, who was active in the vertigo business. He was the most popular guy I ever met in my life. He probably had over 500 people in his mobile phonebook and he knew em all personally and what they do. No party where he wasnt the center of attraction and quite fast I was too. I firstly came in contact with him cause I wanted to buy some dope and one year later I had become something like his right hand. He had to go to the army for one year by that time and I took over his business for that year. After the year he quickly dumbed me and we werent friends for no longer than half a year. I was making it kinda easy for him aswell, cause I was very crazy after smoking pot for two years; but I am convinced, even if I hadnt been crazy, he would have dumbed me, cause I'ld have no value for him no more.

This time hurted me a lot, cause I found out this was no real friendship but only more a business relation. And somehow 99% of the time in life this will be so, a real friendship is really rare. What I learnt in that time is that popularity is the moment in which you have a value to others or are of benefit to others. TV stars are popular cause they give people good feelings to dream about a life they dont have. Drug dealers are popular cause they provide people.

So if you want to become popular make yourself a people's bitch. I'll tell you by now that when you succeed, you'll feel more alone than you ever had before...

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not that I recall, but I've certainly entertained the idea.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol at telling another member they're "unpopular". I'm not a high school bitch so that wouldn't even cross my mind.

I don't believe I've told anyone here that they're useless or meaningless yet. I've seen no reason that I should attack anyone in this website in such a way.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol at telling another member they're "unpopular". I'm not a high school bitch so that wouldn't even cross my mind.

This.^

Also, even if I actively disliked someone here, there’d be no reason to communicate insulting things like that to them. :shrug:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
not to their face :coffee:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gawd no and I haven't had thoughts like that either. I do think some people on the forums are mean. I think some are mean most of the time and some are occasionally mean. I've actually encountered more extremely mean posts here than anywhere, but that's probably because I don't go many other places. I don't think being mean makes someone any of the things listed at the top, but I do wish people would stop it.

I'm mildly drunk and extremely depressed.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why would anyone do that? :shrug:

I think way back when I might have told a couple people they were being mean, though. Because they were!

Jaguar

Who cares if you're popular? Oh, I forgot. A shitload of people on social media.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Idk if I've said it directly to people, but I've definitely thought those things about certain people from time to time

brianabanksy

Permabanned
I wouldn't care. it's some stranger, and what is useless? a highly subjective term.
unpopular? lol. ok. popularity means a LOT to random strangers online.
I think their perception here is a bit autistic. Like they haven't considered that this forum means little. mind-blind people.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Have you told another TypologyCl member they're useless, meaningless or unpopular?

I don't care about popularity. Mentioning that to someone seems vain and superficial. I don't judge situations and people by that.

Useless? Hum. Maybe. All of us can be useless in different contexts if you think about it.

Meaningless? They have to be a pathetic piece of shit to deserve that. Yet, I'd rather put them in their place first.

You have a very poor choice of insults.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I believe I said something in this light to entropie before he got a permaban because he kept drunkenly harassing me in the discord. I hope he got some therapy for that severe alcoholism issue he had.

Nevertheless, unpopular?...I mean is that it? If someone goes "you're unpopular" like um okay then is that supposed to affect me? Meaningless or useless would hurt far more. XD