User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Many told me and have forgotten about it.

I havent forgotten about it:

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXQTzJgU6qc"][/youtube]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I have told a few users their thread's are useless and meaningless. Otherwise not directly to a user.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I have told a few users their thread's are useless and meaningless. Otherwise not directly to a user.
    I am having an eye on you !

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I am having an eye on you !
    Certainly that would be a useless thing to do.

We're all useless and meaningless! That about covers things.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

haha +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I did tell one person they were unpopular at the moment. But it was true.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Well I've been told to be unpopular, but the information has often been meaningless to me, perhaps because of the contexts in question.

Anyways, telling someone they're unpopular seems like resorting to the power of Fe as authority. A failing tactic in some cases. On the other hand, I organize some movie/game indexes a lot in Wikipedia, and there's a consensus about handling someone's popularity by verifiable ratings etc. In that case, we can turn popularity in a relatively objective value, or at least handle it as such.

I think I have said something like this to someone at one time. I think mostly everyone is meaningless, and I am too, absolutely! People's concepts of their own importance is just dust in the air. It's vapor. It's as passing as a breath. It's transitory. It's like grass that is green today, and tomorrow it rots in the ground. To find comfort in it is humane. But to hold of it with one's full power.. to hold it in such importance.. that's pitiful.

Unless, of course, the popularity can be transmuted to something substantial.

I think it is more of a belief, rather than a real thing, that popularity will amount to something substantial. So, we're really talking about sub-par insults if we were to describe someone as popular - if such a saying were indeed an insult.

Oddly, I see some forms of popularity as good. Perhaps I'm just someone who sees popularity from their own perspective, without a greater concept of the big picture.

(edited this post many times)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Some time ago I used to hang out with an estp friend, who was active in the vertigo business. He was the most popular guy I ever met in my life. He probably had over 500 people in his mobile phonebook and he knew em all personally and what they do. No party where he wasnt the center of attraction and quite fast I was too. I firstly came in contact with him cause I wanted to buy some dope and one year later I had become something like his right hand. He had to go to the army for one year by that time and I took over his business for that year. After the year he quickly dumbed me and we werent friends for no longer than half a year. I was making it kinda easy for him aswell, cause I was very crazy after smoking pot for two years; but I am convinced, even if I hadnt been crazy, he would have dumbed me, cause I'ld have no value for him no more.

This time hurted me a lot, cause I found out this was no real friendship but only more a business relation. And somehow 99% of the time in life this will be so, a real friendship is really rare. What I learnt in that time is that popularity is the moment in which you have a value to others or are of benefit to others. TV stars are popular cause they give people good feelings to dream about a life they dont have. Drug dealers are popular cause they provide people.

So if you want to become popular make yourself a people's bitch. I'll tell you by now that when you succeed, you'll feel more alone than you ever had before...

Not that I recall, but I've certainly entertained the idea.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke