Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Socially anymore? The same instinct is used to keep groups apart still- even though it is no longer necissary or even beneficial for survival
    I'd like to ask you this same question quoted below:

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Exactly how and why do you figure that this principle has somehow changed and no longer applies in the modern times?
    Do you not think spreading hatred is useful during war when you are fighting to protect the survival of your society's existence?

My first (and entirely valid and reasonable, when you think about it) instinct is to slaughter any unwelcome outsider who I believe threatens my territory.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Scenario 1: I refuse to change for other people because I like the way I am, but I hate others for not accepting me and not wanting to be like me.
    refusing to change is fine.

hating others for not accepting you is stupid. i never said you had to like them. but hate takes energy. and it won't change anything. if anything, the hatred you project is just making them accept you less. instead of using the energy for hatred, why not use it for something that can make you happy?

and hating others for not wanting to be like you is also stupid. and hypocritical. you don't want to be like them, right? well, don't expect them to want to be a depressed immature non-functional boy afraid to leave his house and incapable of having relationships. sure, you're smart. but direct some of it inward. if you don't like how things are, come up with strategies to change things. realistic ones. explore your hatred. figure out how it's a coping mechanism. develop better coping strategies.

just sitting there and hating people isn't gonna make you any happier. it's actually gonna make you more sad. think of the opportunity cost. stop feeling so sorry for yourself; it doesn't change anything.

Scenario 2: I wish to succeed and survive, others cannot be trusted or others are resisting amongst my ambition or survival, so hating and thus fighting them -- breaking through the barrier -- is the path to the goal.
    hating is obviously unnecessary in that scenario. i don't even have to explain myself. you know you just threw it in there and twisted the definition.

i know you get my viewpoint. and i know you know it's right. and i know you're gonna disagree with me anyway.

MBTI
    ISTx

Hatred is a cancer.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'd like to ask you this same question quoted below:
    read my first post in the thread- a few above this I already addressed your question

Do you not think spreading hatred is useful during war when you are fighting to protect the survival of your society's existence?

My first (and entirely valid and reasonable, when you think about it) instinct is to slaughter any unwelcome outsider who I believe threatens my territory.
    no- hatred is blind- blindness is not a benefit in war or otherwise- if you are too busy focusing on the mistakes and faults of others you will not be aware of your own mistakes

and how to you know that the outsider would not be beneficial to your society? an open mind is a good thing- it brings you more opportunities!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't think I've ever 'hated' anyone or anything so much that it consumes me. I might really dislike certain ideologies, philosophies, things, concepts, etc, but I don't think I've hated specific people - or if I have, it's just been a very momentarily feeling and I'll work through all of it and realize it's sometimes a reflection on myself, and MY ego being hurt, or whatever. Do I have complete disrespect/distaste for a lot of people out there? Sure. But definitely not hate. And, I don't interact with any of those people anyway.

Hate seems more like an active focus to me, and I think it can easily move beyond just being a temporary feeling to become an action, and a state of mind - The person making a conscious choice to direct his energies towards fostering that hate. And that leaves less available energy for doing anything else, or being anyone else. In effect, the hate then rules the person. Then the person simply gets stuck in a holding pattern, because the person is spending much/most of his time in his mind, actively hating someone or something, rather than doing something with his life to make *himself* happy.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    hating is obviously unnecessary in that scenario. i don't even have to explain myself. you know you just threw it in there and twisted the definition.
    Hate is a way of saying you're not going to let yourself be taken advantage of.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i know you get my viewpoint.
    I'm afraid I don't. Please elaborate.

I do not understand what you mean by how hatred of others means a lack of self-love. A lack of self-love would indicate that you have no will to survive and therefore no reason to hate.

and how to you know that the outsider would not be beneficial to your society? an open mind is a good thing- it brings you more opportunities!
    Why discover opportunities when you can invent them yourself?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

because you can't do everything yourself- that's why cooperation is necissary and hatred is not beneficial!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

It's too bad you think this. It's entirely possible to not be taken advantage of, stick to your guns, still be pleasant, and also not hate the other person in the process.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

because you can't do everything yourself- that's why cooperation is necissary and hatred is not beneficial!
    Cooperation of the people within your group, yes. But should we honestly trust the likes of an outside party and risk our own existence? Do you not think that groups should function independently from one another? And for purposes of keeping peace, do you not think that groups should just leave each other alone?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

no, saying you're not going to let yourself be taken advantage of is a way of saying you're not going to let yourself be taken advantage of.

hate is entirely different. and overboard. if you don't trust someone, don't trust them. fine. if you don't want to, don't depend on anyone (ha). hating them is a step further. a pointless step, strategically and emotionally. you can do everything you want to do without hating anyone.

you're just attached to your hate. it gives you an excuse to not change.

I'm afraid I don't. Please elaborate.
    ha. my view is simple. hatred is strategically unnecessary. it takes energy. therefore you're wasting energy.

I do not understand what you mean by how hatred of others means a lack of self-love. A lack of self-love would indicate that you have no will to survive and therefore no reason to hate.
    i never said hatred of others always means a lack of self love.

i just think YOU have a lack of self love that you should probably be working on. your life is sad. you fantasize instead of changing anything. why?

you're not gonna know what i'm talking about now, but in twenty years, sitting in a therapist's office, you'll see what i mean.

Why discover opportunities when you can invent them yourself?
    because they're not real. unfortunately for you, you live in reality. you can run, but you can't hide.

i know i'm probably walking into a trap with this question, but how do you expect to get money?