User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

hatred is never useful IMO.

acknowledging your own feelings of hatred is definitely useful, though. and it won't go away until you work through it.

i've only felt hatred towards three people, in two of those cases it lasted a month or two, and in the third case (my mother), it lasted from about age 5 to age 18. in all cases, my hatred has eventually turned into pity, a much easier emotion to deal with.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Hate is essentially how we stay alive.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I don't think people here hated... more like just ranting... venting not hating.

What use is hatred? *shrugs* Fuel for improvement is all I can think of. Hatred for self... desire to better oneself... hatred for another... desire to one-up them? Beyond that, not overly useful in my opinion. Perhaps such have uses ages ago... group banding together to defeat another group for survival.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Hatred is useful for example when I really cannot tell somebody who is being mean to me that I don't want to have anything to do with them. I can express myself to them negatively only when I am feeling angry and when I feel like I hate them.

So, hate is sometimes essential for me to get rid of people who take advantage of me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    What use is hatred? *shrugs* Fuel for improvement is all I can think of. Hatred for self... desire to better oneself... hatred for another... desire to one-up them? Beyond that, not overly useful in my opinion. Perhaps such have uses ages ago... group banding together to defeat another group for survival.
    Exactly how and why do you figure that this principle has somehow changed and no longer applies in the modern times?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

That which forces division from our shared identity is certainly evil.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Hate is essentially how we stay alive.
    what a terrible way to live. i would think that you, as a "rational", would see that self-love and self-acceptance would be a much more fulfilling way to get through your day.

you hate everyone around you because they don't try to understand you. why even care about them? it's just a huge drain of resources...

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    That which forces division from our shared identity is certainly evil.
    so true.

coughINFJcough

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Evolutionarily speaking hatred is useful because it keeps people away from things that could be dangerous or harmful to them and strengthens ingroup bonds

Socially anymore? The same instinct is used to keep groups apart still- even though it is no longer necissary or even beneficial for survival It's often used as a self preservation instinct still- though more psychological- if someone really grates on us and we develop a strong dislike, or even hatred, of them we will tend to avoid them or at least shut them out- this can go overboard when people become obsessed with the people they hate though, and live and breathe for the chance at vengance.

That's just my observations though
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    what a terrible way to live. i would think that you, as a "rational", would see that self-love and self-acceptance would be a much more fulfilling way to get through your day.

you hate everyone around you because they don't try to understand you. why even care about them? it's just a huge drain of resources...
    We were never talking about self-love, we were talking about hating others, which is entirely different.

Example scenarios:

Scenario 1: I refuse to change for other people because I like the way I am, but I hate others for not accepting me and not wanting to be like me.

Scenario 2: I wish to succeed and survive, others cannot be trusted or others are resisting amongst my ambition or survival, so hating and thus fighting them -- breaking through the barrier -- is the path to the goal.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    We were never talking about self-love, we were talking about hating others, which is entirely different.

Example scenarios:

Scenario 1: I refuse to change for other people because I like the way I am, but I hate others for not accepting me and not wanting to be like me.
    if others dislike you that could be a sign

otherwise, you can't hate others for not accepting you if you do not accept them

Scenario 2: I wish to succeed and survive, others cannot be trusted or others are resisting amongst my ambition or survival, so hating and thus fighting them -- breaking through the barrier -- is the path to the goal.
    but isn't cooperation a better way to succeed? and hatred tends to blind people into not seeing all of the possibilities or nuances of a situation think about it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett