• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hatred- useful or poisonous?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, some people allow themselves to be beaten by the bad things that happen in their life. To be torn down, dragged into the proverbial gutter. Living in the past.

And others conquer the bad things, coming out victoriously. Showing other ways to deal with such pain. Living towards the future.

sculpting

Not hate... not anger... more like dislike.

We notice and dislike in others what we unconsciously dislike about ourselves.

I don't think it's hate... afterall it's difficult to truly hate ourselves... If we do, perhaps it's more likely that we would have killed ourselves.

I have been typing people with MBTI for about seven years. The hardest person I ever had to type was a man. I felt he was manipulative, evil, unorganized, stupid, and inept. He made no sense, was illogical, was overly animated and was making many choices I felt had no grounding in reality. Just talking with him creeped me out and his eye and hand movemensts all felt so strange and ackward.

He was an enfp. Mt entp had to tell me this. Normally she makes guesses, I disagree and I am right, but not this time. It was so a creepy reflection of myself.

as for OP-anger fules my Te which allows me to get things moving and drive them. Pure hatred? It's very hard to keep around for long as Fi always forgives and understands that each person has thier own reasons for doing what they did, and without understanding those reasons it is unfair to hate them. Few people are truely evil, and most are cruel out of unhappiness or pain.

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
`

I woke up early in the morning last night after having a dream that somehow
triggered a humiliating incident from many years ago that I didn't exactly for-
get but I'd managed to block it out and put it out of my mind for years and
yeah I felt mad that something made me remember it because I've worked for
too much to have things be ruined by old anxieties but I told myself I was str-
onger than that memory and the people I blamed for it...but that didn't mean
I hated the situation any less. I've learned you don't have to act a certain w-
ay because of how people see you. That's the advice I try to give people
because sometimes its all someone needs to hear to keep from going down a
certain road with their lives, the future can be changed and things CAN be pr-
evented just by hearing the right phrase. God I sound like Jean Valjean.:blush:

juggernaut

Permabanned
I don't think anger is necessarily bad, but hatred rarely produces any kind of positive end when it's directed at another person. Anger can be a galvanizing force in one's life to be sure, and hatred toward a situation can induce one to get moving and change things that need to be changed. Hatred toward another human being, on the other hand, is generally an absolute waste of time and energy. It's also physically damaging to the person doing the hating.

OregonENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I once hated this girl many years ago who started working with us in our retail store. It's been 10 years and I can still remember her name. She was a self-proclaimed opera singer (though she actually wasn't it turned out) and was egoistic, rude, snobbish, pampered and grated my nerves like no one else I have ever met. From the instant she started, I made it my goal in life to outperform her in sales and therefor it made me more money (commission) and also made our store more money. I was often the top salesperson in our store simply because I hated her so much. (Only while she still worked there.) I used to skip lunches, breaks and literally run my ass off non-stop just to beat her and not for monetary gain. So, I would say hate in this case was positive. I normally am not competitive in the slightest so this was all new to me! This coming from a girl who used to step aside and let my coworker sales buddies take the customer just to be nice.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't think anger is necessarily bad, but hatred rarely produces any kind of positive end when it's directed at another person. Anger can be a galvanizing force in one's life to be sure, and hatred toward a situation can induce one to get moving and change things that need to be changed. Hatred toward another human being, on the other hand, is generally an absolute waste of time and energy. It's also physically damaging to the person doing the hating.

I totally agree with you .. I hanged on to hatred for so many years (my children's father, very abusive relationship) but it wasn't how he made me feel .. it was walking away from my children and not being part of their lives (they needed their father) .. i now know, they have a great mum so they don't need dad .. but i took this hatred out on my now EX. I always expected him to do and behave the same and he didn't until the end .. He thinks i will go on to hate him and not be able to move on with another man .. truth is, i will not give him that power .. hurt me and my children, but your actions have showed us just how morally corrupt you are .. so i will have anger towards him, but never hatred .. Maybe i have finally grown up and realised only i have control over how i feel .. you miss out on so much when you are consumed with hatred .. Like i read the other day "Don't frown, someone wants to fall in love with your smile" ..;)