User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP

Default How Extroversion feels

Well to start off it isn't always that great. Having to have a lot of external stimuli in front of you, it is EXTREMELY easy to get bored. I often find myself doing outrageous things just to get attention and create some excitement. This might not be true for other extroverts but for me it is important. Being alone with nothing to do is like sheer torture. But when good people are around there is no better way to spend the time. Being the center of attention and having a gourp laughing and enjoying themselves thanks to your own charm and generous antics is nothing short of amazing. There are downfalls to loving people so much and being dependant on them . Being overly generous and imspulsively spending money is one, but not the worst. Having to psycholgically distance yourself from a threatening or abusive person (mentally) is incredibly hard, since it is virtually impossible to ignore. When you put yourself out there to be a part of everyones world you have to deal with lots of hurt as well. The feeling I get from conflict and insults directed on me can make me want to kill myself a lot of the time, and when people don't appreciate your generosity or friendliness and brush you off it can make you angry at the whole world. I would like to live as an introvert at times. Maybe I'd be able to get a lot more work done and be able to focus more on what I want as opposed to what everyone else wants.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

For me it's not so much about people per se...

But it is about directing a &#37;*^-ton of energy outwards.

I'm always on the verge of boredom. Boredom is death. I have to be up and moving, waving my arms around and verbalizing almost every thought, if only to myself, in order to think at full power. Slightly ADD, capriciously bouncing every which way, my RL friends have repeatedly told me that holding any kind of discussion with me is exhausting. I must have constant cognitive stimulation that borderlines on intellectual crack to keep animated and thinking.

People aren't always a source of stimulation, so they get ignored a lot. On the other hand, if they do interest me, I'll obnoxiously engage them (you should feel honored if this happens to you).

That's about the gist of it for me.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMC86 View Post
    I would like to live as an introvert at times. Maybe I'd be able to get a lot more work done and be able to focus more on what I want as opposed to what everyone else wants.
    Well, no one is 100% Extroverted all of the time, same in reverse with being Introverted. Extroverts would explode and Introverts would implode. It's just that you prefer to be more out there, so just tone it down a bit/retreat into quiet!! if you feel exhausted every now and then.

I also think your issues are not indicative of it feeling like an Extroverted-thinnnng. The impulsiveness, maybe! Perhaps you should seek therapy to help rid your attachment/dependency issues for people who act irresponsibly/selfishly towards you and to help rid your irresponsible, perhaps selfish?, allowance of them in draining you??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

It's the energy (loads of it) and wanting to be around people most of the time. It's the love of talking with people and enjoying time with people. It's about sharing a good athmosphere with people.

It's basically this

MBTI
    INFJ

The no. 1 reason I wish that I were an extravert is that I don't think I would fear initiating speech and actions outside myself so much if I were extraverted. As it is, if I have to make a call to ask about the hours of a store, for example, I have to go over in my mind no less than three times, sometimes ten, exactly what I am going to say. Also, my so-called conversations with people involve having to internalize for a few seconds each thing they have said and plan my answer before answering it to make it come out right. It's beyond annoying.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OctaviaCaesar View Post
    The no. 1 reason I wish that I were an extravert is that I don't think I would fear initiating speech and actions outside myself so much if I were extraverted. As it is, if I have to make a call to ask about the hours of a store, for example, I have to go over in my mind no less than three times, sometimes ten, exactly what I am going to say. Also, my so-called conversations with people involve having to internalize for a few seconds each thing they have said and plan my answer before answering it to make it come out right. It's beyond annoying.
    Well, Octavia, thinking things through before you say them is not the worst thing in the world. My Extroversion leads me to engage people and say just about anything on my mind. This leads me to make friends easily, but it also can shock and disturb people who are not used to it. I am sure that what you do say is quite measured and sensible, once you get around to it.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFJ

pure_mercury, have ye kissed the Blarney Stone? Thank you for assuming the best about my communication abilities. When Es talk to me, so unhesitatingly and spontaneously, I feel so good, very accepted, somehow, even though it is just a trivial conversation...they really help me open up, in a way fellow introverts do not. It's almost as if we both have something to guard...

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    For me it's not so much about people per se...

But it is about directing a %*^-ton of energy outwards.

I'm always on the verge of boredom. Boredom is death. I have to be up and moving, waving my arms around and verbalizing almost every thought, if only to myself, in order to think at full power. Slightly ADD, capriciously bouncing every which way, my RL friends have repeatedly told me that holding any kind of discussion with me is exhausting. I must have constant cognitive stimulation that borderlines on intellectual crack to keep animated and thinking.
    What happens if there isn't?

I'm much the same way. I'm not always crazy about moving around, but I'm almost always fidgeting with a rubiks cube or some kind of thing. I like those damn hand puzzles. Not just rubiks cubes, but those fucking things you have to take one small part out of the whole tangled mess. Those are fun. I quickly get frustrated with them sometimes and end up breaking them, which I sometimes count as victory.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OctaviaCaesar View Post
    pure_mercury, have ye kissed the Blarney Stone? Thank you for assuming the best about my communication abilities. When Es talk to me, so unhesitatingly and spontaneously, I feel so good, very accepted, somehow, even though it is just a trivial conversation...they really help me open up, in a way fellow introverts do not. It's almost as if we both have something to guard...
    Actually, I have. And thank you for being so friendly and open, if only via the Internet. Let me do something else extroverted:
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    istp

this is interesting. i had a notion that the root cause of extroversion was how external one's consciousness is, but perhaps it's as simple as where one spends their energy (for reasons unknown? maybe different reasons), which would also explain social adeptness through practice