User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which option best applies to you?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have been diagnosed with an autistic spectrum condition

    9 15.52%
  • I have not been officially diagnosed, yet I suspect that I might be on the spectrum

    14 24.14%
  • I am not on the autistic spectrum, yet I have a relative who is

    8 13.79%
  • Neither any of my relatives nor I are on the autistic spectrum, yet I know a friend who is

    11 18.97%
  • There is no person in my life on the spectrum, myself included

    16 27.59%
First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 77

  1. #31
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    ...
    Edit: found it. Thanks to uber. Aspie-quiz
    I took that quiz.
    My results:

    Your neurodiversity (Aspie) score: 131 of 200
    Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 80 of 200
    You are very likely an Aspie (neurodiverse)


    I scored pretty high in Social phobia and Bipolar,
    but a lot of the questions are like MBTI questions:
    compared to who?

  2. #32
    a white iris elfinchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I took that quiz.
    My results:

    Your neurodiversity (Aspie) score: 131 of 200
    Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 80 of 200
    You are very likely an Aspie (neurodiverse)


    I scored pretty high in Social phobia and Bipolar,
    but a lot of the questions are like MBTI questions:
    compared to who?
    I would need to see the mindweb thing that they show? Your non aspie score is actually quite high. May simply be very introverted, which leads to anxiety in crowds and unfamiliar situations, and hence appearing as bipolar. (does this sound familiar to you?) . but i'm bipolar myself, so there is actually quite a big difference.

    am not sure compared to who, actually. the sample test population i presume. although, there may then be some who'd skew the results on purpose. plus, if it was pure online (?), then only those who suspect they are autistic would take it, isn't it?
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

    --T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

  3. #33
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    I would need to see the mindweb thing that they show? Your non aspie score is actually quite high. May simply be very introverted, which leads to anxiety in crowds and unfamiliar situations, and hence appearing as bipolar. (does this sound familiar to you?) . but i'm bipolar myself, so there is actually quite a big difference.

    am not sure compared to who, actually. the sample test population i presume. although, there may then be some who'd skew the results on purpose. plus, if it was pure online (?), then only those who suspect they are autistic would take it, isn't it?
    There was one question about screening a potential spouse like normal people. I wasn't sure what to answer. No, I didn't do it like normal people, I did it much worse than normal people! But if I say no, do they think I mean I didn't screen my potential mates?

    There was another one or two questions I had a similar dilemma on.

    We may have gotten too far off track. Sorry Merkw.

    This is a very interesting subject.

  4. #34
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Your neurodiversity (Aspie) score: 82 of 200
    Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 133 of 200
    You are very likely neurotypical

    Social phobia 123 You will probably be able to receive the diagnosis
    Bipolar 92 This isn't a primary diagnosis you should seek
    ADD/ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder) 84 This isn't a primary diagnosis you should seek
    OCD 53 This isn't a primary diagnosis you should seek
    Dyslexia 29 This isn't a primary diagnosis you should seek
    Asperger/HFA/PDD 29 This isn't a primary diagnosis you should seek
    I understand the questions all operated in conjunction with each other (i.e., none really stand alone to designate asperger's, they have to be looked at as a whole)... but some were broad enough to apply to many, many different (and often normal) human behaviors and probably apply to some degree to most human beings regardless of condition or type.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #35
    The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    1. Are you on the autistic spectrum? (if so, please list your MBTI type)
    No, what I know of.

    2. If not officially diagnosed, have you ever thought that it was likely that you might be on the autistic spectrum?
    Yes, many times but it is most likely extreme INTPness. Coming to think of it, that test the other week said I very likely had Autism.

    3. If either one or both of the previous questions apply to you, how would you describe your autism (or in the case of the second question, possible autism) in relation to your life? How would you describe your condition? How is your life affected by it, if at all? How do you perceive non-autists?
    N/A

    4. This question is for everyone, whether on the spectrum or not: How many people with an autistic spectrum disorder do you personally know personally? How severe is it? If possible, what do you think the would be the MBTI type of the person?

    I don't think I know anyone with an autistic disorder.


    5. If you are NOT on the autistic spectrum, how would you personally describe autism and how you perceive it?

    Not sure

    6. For everyone: What do you think is the cause of autism? Do you think that it is, in fact, a disorder, or rather a difference in brain structure? Do you think there should be a cure?

    The brain is like a chemistry laboratory, no two laboratories are the same, sometimes reactions go wrong in a laboratory and the laboratory catches fire. Then other people throw lots of water to calm the fire, the only problem is it does not solve why the fire happened; it just mask the problem rather than solves it. The same sort of thing happens in the autistic persons.

    Do you think there should be a cure?

    Depends if the positives of autism outweigh the negatives. For example, if one took the eccentric behaviour from the best artists in the world would they still be the best artists?


    7. If you are on the autistic spectrum, what anecdotes do you have that are particularly revealing of your condition, or related to it? i.e. are there any particular moments where your condition has resulted in a comic situation? A sad/tragic situation? A particular situation where it has been a burden? A blessing? Any notable anecdotes related to you being on the spectrum are welcome.

    N/A

    8. Same as the above, accept for non-autists. Any notable situations that you can recall where the subject of autism or an autistic individual was prominent?

    Not really.

    9. If you are an autist, are there any relatives of yours that you suspect of being on the spectrum?
    N/A

    10. Please fill mark the the option that applies to you in the poll attached to this thread.

    Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

    Narcissism, plain and simple.

  6. #36
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Substitute mentioned his daughter has Asperger's and I think he said she's an ENTP.

  7. #37
    Senior Member MerkW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Substitute mentioned his daughter has Asperger's and I think he said she's an ENTP.
    A question for you, Uber.

    Recently, I have been wondering as to whether it is likely that I am on the very high end (as in extremely high-functioning) of the autistic spectrum.

    Being diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome yourself, how would you go about in determining this? Are there any specific question that you can think of that would help determining this for me? Any specific tests that you would recommend?
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

    "Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

    INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Being diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome yourself, how would you go about in determining this? Are there any specific question that you can think of that would help determining this for me? Any specific tests that you would recommend?
    I'd probably ask a medical professional about it, because I'm not really familiar with the procedures.

    I was diagnosed with ADD first in about the 3rd grade, and then it switched to autism, and finally, in the 6th grade, I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. It mostly came about when I wasn't doing well academically and I wasn't fitting in socially. I was a frequent victim of bullying and I also did provocative things to get attention from my peers.

    I think I became diagnosed with Asperger's when I spent a few weeks in a mental health institute (PC term for asylum) after threatening to kill myself.

    But the best advice I have to offer is to talk with a psychiatrist.

  9. #39
    Senior Member MerkW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'd probably ask a medical professional about it, because I'm not really familiar with the procedures.

    I was diagnosed with ADD first in about the 3rd grade, and then it switched to autism, and finally, in the 6th grade, I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. It mostly came about when I wasn't doing well academically and I wasn't fitting in socially. I was a frequent victim of bullying and I also did provocative things to get attention from my peers.

    I think I became diagnosed with Asperger's when I spent a few weeks in a mental health institute (PC term for asylum) after threatening to kill myself.

    But the best advice I have to offer is to talk with a psychiatrist.
    Hm. I think I might get around to that sometime. In the mean time, are there any particularly good online tests?
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

    "Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

    INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

  10. #40
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Hm. I think I might get around to that sometime. In the mean time, are there any particularly good online tests?
    Aside from the link posted by elfinchilde, no. But that said online test is good, if only because it has a really professional-looking graph.

Similar Threads

  1. Asperger's Syndrome and MBTI type.
    By TaylorS in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 06-16-2015, 07:50 PM
  2. Autism and MBTI
    By headlessredhead in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-27-2015, 08:45 PM
  3. [INTP] Girls and women who have Asperger's syndrome
    By greenfairy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 11-15-2014, 02:13 PM
  4. Autism and brain types.
    By meanlittlechimp in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO