• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Asperger Syndrome, Autism, and MBTIc: a questionnaire

Which option best applies to you?

• Total voters

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Merkw, did you experience speech delays or unusual speech patterns as a child? Do you have a history of sensory sensitivities? Did you exhibit odd behavioral problems (especially ones that seemed not to be age-appropriate) in elementary school? Difficulty transitioning from one activity to another, unusual levels of perfectionism, rigid thinking as a child? Did your play include lining objects up in rows? Did you display any kind of unusual, repetitive movements, especially when stressed or excited?

MerkW

Aside from the link posted by elfinchilde, no. But that said online test is good, if only because it has a really professional-looking graph.

My AS/HFA result:

185 - you are very likely to receive this diagnosis

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In response to Cafe, yes, I did have unusually formal speaking patterns as a child. I also was a relatively late talker and late walker, but with a rapid catch-up afterward.

I used to also have extreme sensitivity to certain sounds such as vacuum cleaners (actually, this I still have) and I also hated things like the little red light that flashes on a smoke detector. Other unusual fears I had were going through a car wash and fear of the hand dryers in restrooms.

In addition, I became excessively angry when my routine was upset.

EDIT: Here's a list of Aspie traits I have, which I posted at INTJ Forum:
  • I used to be obsessed with objects that were atypical for people my age, such as:
    • A preoccupation with ceiling fans, and I used to draw pictures of my own.
    • An obsession with speakers and stereos.
      • One time, I got a set of car speakers for my birthday because people knew I was interested in them, and I got a cardboard box and carved holes in it to fit the speakers, and I pretty much built my own stereo box out of it after fitting a car radio into it.
    • I also enjoyed the design of VCRs (the forerunner of laserdisc and DVD players in case you forgot! :alttongue:)
      • And I used to draw pictures of my own VCR designs.
    • When I was first introduced to the original Legend of Zelda game for the NES, I started to design my own underworld maps.
    • Early on, I had a fascination with movies, and every weekend, my grandmother used to take me to the movies and I started making up my own movies in my mind and acting out the scenes.
      • I also went as far as drawing up the posters for my movies.
        • This often got my movie privileges taken away from me because:
          • It interfered with my performance at school.
          • My posters contained rather violent imagery
      • I also drew my own credits for my "mind movies."
      • Despite my fascination with movies and dreaming up ideas, the farthest I ever went to making one was making a claymation movie when I was about 12.
      • I also wrote a screenplay for a movie but I never got around to making it because of:
        • My lack of confidence in dealing with other people.
        • My perfectionist tendencies of wanting my vision to be expressed exactly in the way it appeared in my mind.
        • My lack of access in the technological tools I would have wanted to use to make a movie; I can't afford a George Lucas-esque green screen set or CGI software.
  • I also always played with my shirt tag, especially when it was smooth and silky because I like the texture.
    • Only relatively recently have I started tearing the tags off T-shirts, mattresses, and whatnot.
      • I now collect them, and the soothing feeling of them helps me to think better.
  • When I was a kid, I never played with others. I always played by myself in my imagination.
    • People always thought I was a little crazy because of this.
  • I had very poor motor skills as a child (and I still do), and I always hated the idea of going to gym class. People used to make fun of the way I ran.
  • I was never interested in dating during my adolescent years.

MerkW

Merkw, did you experience speech delays or unusual speech patterns as a child? Do you have a history of sensory sensitivities? Did you exhibit odd behavioral problems (especially ones that seemed not to be age-appropriate) in elementary school? Difficulty transitioning from one activity to another, unusual levels of perfectionism, rigid thinking as a child? Did your play include lining objects up in rows? Did you display any kind of unusual, repetitive movements, especially when stressed or excited?

1. My parents were never quite sure when the standard age of speaking in full sentences was, so they never paid close attention to when I began to speak. They estimate that I begun speaking a little before my 3rd birthday. I went straight to speaking in full sentences without much baby-babble in between. Interestingly enough, I recall being able to comprehend English and write it at least a year before I actually spoke. Unusual speech patterns? People say that I speak in a monotone, and often use very strange, vague, or idiosyncratic expressions that very few people (if anyone) understands. I have always spoken in a rather formal manner, with flawless grammar.

2. Sensory sensitivities: Definitely. Virtually my whole childhood, I would always insist upon wearing sunglasses (even when it was cloudy) because I could not bear the sunlight. My parents said that I would through fits because I would be disturbed by the seams and labels on my clothes. Thus, I would often wear the same pair of clothes over and over again. I behaved rather strangely in regard to certain noises. Four noises that felt painful and resulted in me behaving very oddly: the sound of a sweeping broom, the noise created by airplane toilets, the sound of popping balloons, and firecrackers. I still cannot stand these noises at all. I also cannot stand humidity, and I am extremely tolerant towards extreme temperatures and certain types of pain. I often do not notice much sensory stimuli, as I am always in my head. My absent-mindedness and lack of attentiveness to the external world has always been rather extreme.

3. Behavioral problems in school? Not many. I was rather shy. Teachers complained, though, that I would be tactless, rude, and would laugh in odd circumstances. I would daydream all class, and was thus reprimanded for my lack of attention to what she was teaching. This, however, was merely the result of the fact that I was bored, due to the fact that I had already learned pretty much everything she was teaching. And, yes, I was, and am, extremely perfetionistic. In fact, so severe, that it occasionally is more of a set-back than a benefit. It has resulted in an OCD diagnosis, as well. Regarding switching tasks, I must admit, I am quite bad at multi-tasking.

4. I have, and have always had, very obsessive interests. My main interest is mathematics and theoretical physics, which I plan on pursuing professionally. I have always, though, had side interests of lesser value. These side interests fluctuate, and often re-occur over a length of about a year. They are usually quite intense, but are still regarded by myself as petty hobbies. I also indulge in creating detailed fantasy worlds in my head.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Well, Js prefer the outer world to be predictable and controlled, that's what I meant about "needing" structure. The J has a personal need for structure. I didn't mean needing structure because they were hard to pin down -- in that case, the P needs structure.

And thus we find structure in structure. ;)

One hand folds neatly into the other: What creativity exists when our fingers are interlocked?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'd say if you were in early elementary school right now, you'd have a better than 50% chance of being diagnosed with high functioning autism, Merkw. In our district, at least, the distinction between aspergers and hfa is whether or not there were speech delays. I don't know if that is a universally recognized criteria, though.

MerkW

I'd say if you were in early elementary school right now, you'd have a better than 50% chance of being diagnosed with high functioning autism, Merkw. In our district, at least, the distinction between aspergers and hfa is whether or not there were speech delays. I don't know if that is a universally recognized criteria, though.

Interesting speculation.
However, I do not think that such is readily apparent in my outward behavior. Most people regard me as merely odd and aloof. However, when a friend of mine with Asperger's (she is an INTJ, just for the record) and I compared results on tests in regard to deciphering facial expressions, we found that I scored a few points worse than she did.

Some test results for the record:

the Aspie test: 185 - you are very likely to receive this diagnosis
AQ test: 37 out of 50 (35 was apparently the "average" score amongst Aspies)
EQ/SQ test: 6 = EQ, 116 = SQ - extreme systemizing
eye test: 6 out of 36 (25 being average).

Most of these tests have said that Asperger's is either somewhere between "somewhat likely" and "nearly unquestionable." However, I sometimes question the accuracy of such tests.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Interesting speculation.
However, I do not think that such is readily apparent in my outward behavior. Most people regard me as merely odd and aloof.
My speculation is based on having two kids diagnosed with autism in elementary school right now, so I have a pretty good idea of what they look for. If you were doing fine academically and not causing anyone any extra work or trouble, you'd probably have been allowed to slip through the cracks.

My older son was red-flagged because of immature social behavior (rolling on the floor during story time, blurting out answers in class, falling out of his chair, difficulty staying on task- he's an extrovert, if it wasn't obvious). He also fixated on bacon for months. :huh:

My younger son was red-flagged because of difficulty staying on task, reading difficulties, and immature social behavior (temper tantrums when he could not do tasks to his standards or he had to transition from one activity to another before he was ready), along with sensory issues (sensitivity to sound, hand-flapping, and 'stimming').

MerkW

My speculation is based on having two kids diagnosed with autism in elementary school right now, so I have a pretty good idea of what they look for. If you were doing fine academically and not causing anyone any extra work or trouble, you'd probably have been allowed to slip through the cracks.

Ah yes, this is a rather good point. I suppose that since I was rather shy and never a problem to anyone, people might have dismissed the idea that I was/am anything more than eccentric and withdrawn.

I am still in highschool (and I eagerly await college). I think my transition from childhood into adolescence has revealed more potential problems. My scrutiny and obsessive-compulsive nature certainly damaged some of my academic performance. I have also been marked down for "potentially morbid tendencies."

ygolo

My termites win
1. Are you on the autistic spectrum?
I don't know. You've got me wondering again.

2. If not officially diagnosed, have you ever thought that it was likely that you might be on the autistic spectrum?

I did at one point suspect it enough to join an AS meetup group.

3. If either one or both of the previous questions apply to you, how would you describe your autism (or in the case of the second question, possible autism) in relation to your life? How would you describe your condition? How is your life affected by it, if at all? How do you perceive non-autists?

I have always know that I think differently from most people. I am rather slow at processing most things except for a select few things (the type of things that show up IQ tests like pattern recognition, categorization, math, etc.) I have a horrible time concentrating, so most things I do go at a snails pace. In the rare event that I can concentrate, I am incredibly focused and often amaze myself on how quickly I can finish tasks. Before I take a first step in almost anything I do, I need to know where it is going, what the point is, and how the particular thing fits into the big picture. This has gotten me into a lot of trouble both at work and school, since I have had drawn out arguments over the "pointlessness" of tasks both with my teachers and bosses. These days I am more quiet/diplomatic about it, but the "pointlessness" of things I don't understand yet is one of my most pervasive barriers to motivation.

4. This question is for everyone, whether on the spectrum or not: How many people with an autistic spectrum disorder do you personally know personally? How severe is it? If possible, what do you think the would be the MBTI type of the person?

I've met many. I have only had extended contact with two of them.

One is my little cousin who seems severely afflicted. He is almost 7 and doesn't speak coherently yet. He runs around and makes a lot of noise, and won't listen to anyone. His teeth are rotting due to lack of care. I would say some sort of E--P based on his activity level and his tendency to want to interact with everyone he meets (despite his interactions being incoherent). He is also always saying something. I think both his parents may be on the spectrum too...and I am a lot like those parents.

The other one is an adult and also seems severely afflicted. He speaks coherently, but is impossible to have a conversation with. The only responses that he seems to appreciate are "that's interesting" and "mmhmm" and head nodding. Giving your own view point, or even a "I had a similar experience" is met with "anyways..." and a continuation of his monologue (which can be quite interesting at points). However, he holds a steady job, can drive, and has friends who care for him.

5. If you are NOT on the autistic spectrum, how would you personally describe autism and how you perceive it?

I'll answer this one too, since I have experienced a lot of the "neurotypcial looking in" perspective also because I have met many who were severely afflicted compared to me (if I am at all).

I perceive it as strangeness in focus that happens at a fundamental level. Everyone filters what the external world gives them and produces a coherent consciousness of what is happening. I think, for autistic people (and everyone on the spectrum), the filtering difference makes it hard for them to map their subjective realities to those of others.

6. For everyone: What do you think is the cause of autism? Do you think that it is, in fact, a disorder, or rather a difference in brain structure? Do you think there should be a cure? What is your opinion of the neurodiversity movement?

I never like the label of disorder for anything. I think with the proper guidance autistic people can learn to cope well in the world. I think the use of the very logical and predictable world of computers and mathematics can greatly aid those who have the difference in perception. As "training wheels" of sorts.

The reason I say this is that math and CS teaches a precise way to communicate that greatly aids mapping different subjective realities to each other. It also teaches flexibility in "translating" those subjective realties between each other. In addition it improves general problems solving skills, and provides a way to deal with "hard boundaries" (things I cannot change).

Initial development is likely to be slow. I had a horrible time making quick decisions (still do). But I use the laws of probability, etc now to make decisions under uncertainty, and have gotten comfortable with the "anchor and adjust" way of doing things (no matter how flawed it seems).

As a kid (and often now, too), people would say that I never react to anything. But I learned to spot real and fake smiles by practicing on a website. I also learned to mimic expressions by practicing copying captures of people expressing things. I also practiced keeping track of NLP markers, and have now gotten somewhat decent at the "empathy game."

I taught myself to say, "I don't know" and "let me think about it" as a means of buying me time, since I get very stressed out when people ask me questions.

Unfortunately, their particular interest may not be in this area, but I think if their narrow interest can somehow be mapped to more general contexts, they will be better able to handle those contexts and eventually switch to more appropriate strategies in those contexts.

What I said above is a challenge to everyone, not just people on the autistic spectrum. Relating our own realities to those of others is a challenge that requires a great deal of effort.

I think the effort is greater for autistic individuals because they have far fewer "common points of reference" to start with.

9. If you are an autist, are there any relatives of yours that you suspect of being on the spectrum?

My mom and dad both have some of the tendencies (different ones), but I don't believe they would get an Asperger's diagnosis. My mom has a lot of the sensory overload like issues, while my dad has a lot of the perfectionism/rigid thinking issues. I inherited both.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
I understand the questions all operated in conjunction with each other (i.e., none really stand alone to designate asperger's, they have to be looked at as a whole)... but some were broad enough to apply to many, many different (and often normal) human behaviors and probably apply to some degree to most human beings regardless of condition or type.

Jennifer's points here need to be remembered. The test measures based on relative behaviour, as compared to a group. Considering that most of you guys are from the US, where extroversion and P is the norm, you may get a 'lower' score than the rest of the population, however, it may simply mean you are more introverted and schedule-preferring than the average american.

Hm. I think I might get around to that sometime. In the mean time, are there any particularly good online tests?

Aside from the link posted by elfinchilde, no. But that said online test is good, if only because it has a really professional-looking graph.

:rofl1: The graph does have its purpose, you know. The mindweb gives you the relative strengths and from there, you can deduce the likelihood of aspie or not.

Merkw, have you ever had a formal diagnosis? Based on what cafe has mentioned and your replies, it seems as though you may have high functioning autism. As per my previous post: distinct skills in language, memory, mathematics or music. One of the key traits of savants. Higher than normal IQ--likely to range in 130s-upper.

Cafe pointed out rightly too: delays as a child in speech. Obsession with specific things/behaviour. One child i knew was obsessed with spinning tops, another with clouds (could tell you everything about cirrus, cumulus, stratus, particle formation etcetc ... :shock: ).

If you'd like, you could show me your mindweb so that i could read it for you? (or in private, if you wish. :) )

(apologies if this is a derailment. i have no real idea what constitutes one, actually, since it's all linked to me. am very close to being an aspie myself, if not for the fact that i have a twin and she's normal. :blush: )

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Merkw, have you ever had a formal diagnosis? Based on what cafe has mentioned and your replies, it seems as though you may have high functioning autism. As per my previous post: distinct skills in language, memory, mathematics or music. One of the key traits of savants. Higher than normal IQ--likely to range in 130s-upper.

Hmm... I guess that would make me a savant, then.

Cafe pointed out rightly too: delays as a child in speech. Obsession with specific things/behaviour. One child i knew was obsessed with spinning tops, another with clouds (could tell you everything about cirrus, cumulus, stratus, particle formation etcetc ... :shock: ).

Keirsey directly noted this tendency of Rationals in Please Understand Me II.

For anyone interested, here are my results from when I posted the quiz a while ago.

However, I don't like that quiz overall -- it says I'd likely be diagnosed with schizophrenia. :rolli:

MerkW

If you'd like, you could show me your mindweb so that i could read it for you? (or in private, if you wish. :) )

No, I have not ever been formally diagnosed with Asperger's/HFA. It has been strongly suggested by one or two psycho-analysts, though. People have also commented on me having certain talents often found in high-functioning autists:

I am quite good at seeing patterns and hidden inter-connections.
I think in a way that combines visual thought with a sort of abstract, patterned thinking. A lot of my thoughts cannot really be accurately articulated into words. I am also rather good at building highly detailed imaginary scenarios and worlds in my mind.

Things such as rapidly calculating large sums in my head (including calculating the day of the week a given date will fall on), and memorizing large strings of numbers, statistics, visuals, or any other information come easily to me, yet I find this to be, although helpful and amusing, mundane and of not much importance.

My best and most prized strength I think, is my ability to understand the principles behind how things work (a combination of Ti, Ni and Ne?), especially mathematics. I interpret the world in numbers and mathematics. I dive deep into the concepts of abstract math. I like problem-solving in complex mathematics, and I am often good at arriving at answers in an unusual, different, or very intuitive manner.

However, I am not good at learning languages. Skills in my native language, English? Quite a breeze. Foreign languages, though, are not my cup of tea.

I will post my mind-web diagram from the test soon.

MerkW

Here are my results for Ms. elfinchilde:

Your neurodiversity (Aspie) score: 160 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 31 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie (neurodiverse)

Asperger/HFA/PDD: 195 - You very likely will be able to receive the diagnosis
OCD: 161 - Your diagnosis is very likely correct
Social phobia: 147 - You very likely will be able to receive the diagnosis

poly12b.php

Last edited:

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Oh dear. Elfinchilde is female. Aelan is her twin sister.

:rofl1: thanks for the clarification, Mom (can i call you that? :holy:). Yeps, merkw, i'm female, thank you very much. I do not honestly think a lot of men would willingly call themselves elves, and child at that. :alttongue:

btw, INTJMom, compare your own mindweb with merkw, that's what i meant. :)

but back to merkw's graph and mbti: (pls correct me on any of the following if they're wrong, as i'm just reading from the mindweb and stats--you should know yourself better, so fit in the patterns for what fits you, yea? :hug: )

-i notice your MBTI % for I and N are 100%. that's extreme introversion and intuition. which would mean that you live primarily in your head, and likely have a lot of difficulty interacting with people. Not that you cause trouble, but that given a choice, you'd prefer to be left alone, or as a wallflower, rather than be at the centre of the party.

-which correlates with your mindweb: very low scores on LH (neurotypical) social, compulsive and communication. i.e., one who prefers to keep to himself. Will not naturally seek the limelight, in fact, seeks to avoid it.

-however, your hunting perception and talents are relatively higher (LH side of web again): it means you have a generally fair working idea of society, of human dynamics and how things/people function. just that you prefer to stay apart from all of them; maintain position as an observer.

-RH side of the graph is where it gets interesting (aspie side):

-very high scores on perception, communication and talent. aided by relatively high score on compulsion, yet low on activity. Means you work primarily in your mind: there it is very, very fluid. Your ideas can flow from one place to another, in loops that others may not see the patterns of first: for instance, (depending on your mode of intake of information): you are likely able to relate sounds to patterns of mathematics, or visual colours to words, etcetc. Basically, links which no one else tends to conceive of. Also, you can grasp things almost instantaneously, even if no one sees the patterns to them first. Classic INTP, aided by high fluidity in internal communication. You will prefer to specialise in systems that are complex; not for showing off, but simply because these attract you intuitively.

-however, you may not always articulate them in a fashion which people understand.

-due to the compulsion, it means you're likely to be very highly learnt in the areas you choose to specialise in. Probably, you tend to go on and on in your head (if not to others) about your pet topics? likely these will be intellectual pursuits, as opposed to working with one's hands etc.

from your graphs and all that you've said, if your childhood was a peaceful one with no major disruptions (ie, no emotive source attributable for the introversion and N), then, high functioning autism has a very high probability of being diagnosed for you.

erm. ok. i think i may have said enough. Pls do not be offended by any of the above yea; i'm just reading what the web/mbti says. :sorry:

Edit: from what you said, your skills appear to be in spatial perception and mathematics. what's your IQ? perchance a savant? :holy:

MerkW

:rofl1: thanks for the clarification, Mom (can i call you that? :holy:). Yeps, merkw, i'm female, thank you very much. I do not honestly think a lot of men would willingly call themselves elves, and child at that. :alttongue:

btw, INTJMom, compare your own mindweb with merkw, that's what i meant. :)

but back to merkw's graph and mbti: (pls correct me on any of the following if they're wrong, as i'm just reading from the mindweb and stats--you should know yourself better, so fit in the patterns for what fits you, yea? :hug: )

-i notice your MBTI % for I and N are 100%. that's extreme introversion and intuition. which would mean that you live primarily in your head, and likely have a lot of difficulty interacting with people. Not that you cause trouble, but that given a choice, you'd prefer to be left alone, or as a wallflower, rather than be at the centre of the party.

-which correlates with your mindweb: very low scores on LH (neurotypical) social, compulsive and communication. i.e., one who prefers to keep to himself. Will not naturally seek the limelight, in fact, seeks to avoid it.

-however, your hunting perception and talents are relatively higher (LH side of web again): it means you have a generally fair working idea of society, of human dynamics and how things/people function. just that you prefer to stay apart from all of them; maintain position as an observer.

-RH side of the graph is where it gets interesting (aspie side):

-very high scores on perception, communication and talent. aided by relatively high score on compulsion, yet low on activity. Means you work primarily in your mind: there it is very, very fluid. Your ideas can flow from one place to another, in loops that others may not see the patterns of first: for instance, (depending on your mode of intake of information): you are likely able to relate sounds to patterns of mathematics, or visual colours to words, etcetc. Basically, links which no one else tends to conceive of. Also, you can grasp things almost instantaneously, even if no one sees the patterns to them first. Classic INTP, aided by high fluidity in internal communication. You will prefer to specialise in systems that are complex; not for showing off, but simply because these attract you intuitively.

-however, you may not always articulate them in a fashion which people understand.

-due to the compulsion, it means you're likely to be very highly learnt in the areas you choose to specialise in. Probably, you tend to go on and on in your head (if not to others) about your pet topics? likely these will be intellectual pursuits, as opposed to working with one's hands etc.

from your graphs and all that you've said, if your childhood was a peaceful one with no major disruptions (ie, no emotive source attributable for the introversion and N), then, high functioning autism has a very high probability of being diagnosed for you.

erm. ok. i think i may have said enough. Pls do not be offended by any of the above yea; i'm just reading what the web/mbti says. :sorry:

Edit: from what you said, your skills appear to be in spatial perception and mathematics. what's your IQ? perchance a savant? :holy:

Ah, sorry about your gender. That mistake has been fixed.

I am not offended by anything. I do not see any reason to be. I think that describes me relatively accurately.

I haven't really taken an official IQ test, but a psychiatrist has estimated what my range of capability probably is (in terms of IQ, that is). I can PM this, if you want to know his estimate.

I am not a savant. Your definition of "savant" is incorrect. Savants, by definition, have severe cognitive impairments. For reference, see the following:

| Wisconsin Medical Society
Autistic savant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perhaps you are confusing the term "prodigy" with "savant" ?
Prodigy would be the apt term to describe one with astounding mental capabilities and a high IQ.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Indeed, the autistic spectrum has been discussed here before, but I have grown curious of personal experiences or opinions.

Some questions I have:

1. Are you on the autistic spectrum? (if so, please list your MBTI type)

2. If not officially diagnosed, have you ever thought that it was likely that you might be on the autistic spectrum?

3. If either one or both of the previous questions apply to you, how would you describe your autism (or in the case of the second question, possible autism) in relation to your life? How would you describe your condition? How is your life affected by it, if at all? How do you perceive non-autists?

4. This question is for everyone, whether on the spectrum or not: How many people with an autistic spectrum disorder do you personally know personally? How severe is it? If possible, what do you think the would be the MBTI type of the person?

5. If you are NOT on the autistic spectrum, how would you personally describe autism and how you perceive it?

6. For everyone: What do you think is the cause of autism? Do you think that it is, in fact, a disorder, or rather a difference in brain structure? Do you think there should be a cure? What is your opinion of the neurodiversity movement?

7. If you are on the autistic spectrum, what anecdotes do you have that are particularly revealing of your condition, or related to it? i.e. are there any particular moments where your condition has resulted in a comic situation? A sad/tragic situation? A particular situation where it has been a burden? A blessing? Any notable anecdotes related to you being on the spectrum are welcome.

8. Same as the above, accept for non-autists. Any notable situations that you can recall where the subject of autism or an autistic individual was prominent?

9. If you are an autist, are there any relatives of yours that you suspect of being on the spectrum?

10. Please fill mark the the option that applies to you in the poll attached to this thread.

I have entered my myself into the poll as well, under the option that best applies to me. At a later point in time, I will give my own personal answers to the questionnaire.

Thanks for participating.

I am an aspie: INTP MBTI.
The effect it has on my life is that it makes me wierd and other people are repelled by me. At least judgers and non NF's. It's kinda like hedgehog's dilema.
Aside from me, no other autistics.
I think Autism could be genetic and caused by brain differences. Of course I am very much an INTP and I have minimal autism. Just enough to be noticed. If neurodiveristy is aimed to have diferent kinds of minds, then I support it. My anecdote (more like a proverb) is: Imagine that every day you had these incomprehensible creatures called humans that tell you to shape up; don't be wierd, get away from me, shut up! Everything negative flows from them. You don't see the point in any of that, and you just have to weather an onslaught of negativity from the outside.
I don't suspect of relatives of being autistic, except maybe perhaps for grandmother june.