• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fading away

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Do you ever feel profoundly tired? I used to be able to do quite a few things in a day, but after almost a year of worsening fatigue, I'm having trouble doing whatever the one thing is that I have scheduled for a given day. It feels like dysfunction has spread everywhere, making it unnecessarily difficult to eat, or sleep, or think, or care about anything. I'm not being very thorough... I'm just sick of this, and want it fixed. I feel like I'm not here anymore. Can you relate? Do you have any ideas on how to return to some sort of normalcy?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do you ever feel profoundly tired? I used to be able to do quite a few things in a day, but after almost a year of worsening fatigue, I'm having trouble doing whatever the one thing is that I have scheduled for a given day. It feels like dysfunction has spread everywhere, making it unnecessarily difficult to eat, or sleep, or think, or care about anything. I'm not being very thorough... I'm just sick of this, and want it fixed. I feel like I'm not here anymore. Can you relate? Do you have any ideas on how to return to some sort of normalcy?

I can definitely relate.

I've actually felt that way for much of my life. I would say that during the times I felt the best, the common theme was that I always had something to do. Something that had to get done. When I just let myself go, and do as little as possible... I feel content for a while, but then I begin to feel sort of like you described... like I'm not there anymore. Though I don't have trouble eating and sleeping, I do have difficulties thinking deeply or caring about anything.

There's no surefire way to fix this, but the only thing I can say, is try to get more people and activities into your daily life. Things like this usually happen when you allow yourself to introvert too much. Ideally, the situations and people should be ones that would normally interest you.

If you're living a fairly full life, doing all sorts of things, and you still feel this way... then you might need to talk to a psychologist about the possibility that you have depression. Or possibly see a doctor about the possibility of anemia. It's not clear if the cause is physiological or psychological in your case.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Also get your thyroid checked as that sometimes can impact energy levels. B vitamins is another possibility. Exercising regularly should help.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
*hugs* Not much to add that hasn't already been stated here by Ath and Fidelia, everything they have suggested is good advice, I had Chronic fatigue myself, and drinking a quart of fresh made veggie juice helped me every day too... I would usually drink it in the morning... that helped with my energy levels at least, the emotional I have had to work on myself, and still am... Adaptogenic herbs for adrenal support also helped me as well with energy, cutting caffeine processed sugars and fats, and most meat out of my diet, helped a ton too... this is all I have to add to what has already been said, I hope you find a way to feel better soon <3

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i find most of the e5s i know have a tendency to be like this, including myself.

i'd suggest not trying to solve it in a day. do one to two healthy things no matter how awful it is and try to stick with it. even small things. finding a way to restore some sense of order and rhythm in your life, no more how burnt out and dopamine-less you feel. i also recommend adaptogen teas. they help normalize stress response, which is especially good for burnt out head types. sometimes it's best to start with the body first.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Sometimes, if I've had an uneventful workday, it's all I can do to not just pass out at 5 pm. It's a sort of...mental fatigue that manifests physically, due to just being understimulated for long periods of time. For me, it's a struggle at times for my mind to do nothing, and to be around people while doing nothing. If there's anything in your life consistently mentally unfulfilling in that manner, that's the first place I'd look. Step back, detach for a bit, do a life audit.

I know you're diligent about your diet and physical activity, but I'd still look in to that, if for no other reason than being thorough. Eat those peaches.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I can relate, I get tired so easily and run out of energy and people call me lazy but sometimes i really don't have the energy to do a lot. It's frustrating, because I know I should be doing more but I can't.

Permabanned
I can relate. Jock summarized it plenty. Diet and circadian rythm are important I feel.

Starry

God I can so relate to all of this. I actually believe I am profoundly depressed...but that the depression has not manifested in my mind...but rather in my body. And so I feel trapped in this bizarre situation...where mentally I want to get-up, get-out and engage in life...but being so physically exhausted it seems I can get nothing worthwhiile accomplished in a day. It is an awful place to be.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I think Starry has it figured. when you start to reduce your life activities and you have no energy.. it's often a sign of depression.. And it affects the body as well as the mind.

I would also agree with Nebb.. that maybe you should look into seeing someone.

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
Also get your thyroid checked as that sometimes can impact energy levels. B vitamins is another possibility. Exercising regularly should help.

This.

I had it run in my family and got checked a few yrs ago. Noticed a big difference. I could barely stay awake at work or have energy to get things done (though I could blame that on other things too, but I knew it was hereditary).

Sleep is also a major requirement...of course not too much, but good uninterrupted sleep does wonders.

Jaguar

This.
I had it run in my family and got checked a few yrs ago. Noticed a big difference. I could barely stay awake at work or have energy to get things done (though I could blame that on other things too, but I knew it was hereditary).

It runs in my family, too. Are you on a thyroid med, now?

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
It runs in my family, too. Are you on a thyroid med, now?

Yeah, I have been for about 3 yrs, which was probably a few yrs late. I had problems with dry skin, burning eyes, hair loss, weight gain and pretty much all the typical symptoms. My Stupid Dr. at the time thought It was all in my head despite insurmountable evidence, but the blood test proved me right.

I think my brother might have it too, but don't think he ever got checked.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Why don't you see a doctor?

I have...

Primary (for fatigue): thyroid tests, normal; cancer screening, clear

Cardiologist (for several instances of unprovoked shock): EKGs & echocardiogram, both normal, only discrepancy: minor "athletic" heart murmur

Neurologist (for what others perceived to be absence seizures): MRI, EEG, both normal

Psychiatrist: prescribed Vyvanse for "spaciness and time loss"

ND: ACTH/cortisol tests and a million blood tests, all normal, except for low ACTH until ~12pm... started taking "black currant buds extract"

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
could be chronic fatigue like me then, especially if the psychiatrist doesn't think your depressed... they did tons of tests on me without finding anything as well..

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sometimes, if I've had an uneventful workday, it's all I can do to not just pass out at 5 pm. It's a sort of...mental fatigue that manifests physically, due to just being understimulated for long periods of time. For me, it's a struggle at times for my mind to do nothing, and to be around people while doing nothing.

Being around people while doing nothing is not that big of an issue. However, if its being around people who have nothing interesting to say... That's when I feel the full impact of "nothingness".

Thank god I have internet access in this place.

Sunny Ghost

I feel fatigued and lethargic a lot. I don't know if it's because I'm an introvert that just has low energy... or a perceiver... and therefore lazy... or because I'm just in general almost always at least mildly depressed. I'm one of those types that has to take a nap, everyday, or I'm worthless by 4pm. On days off, I'll often wake around 8, then be back in bed for a nap by 11 or noon, awake again... and then napping again around 3pm.

I've heard things like vitamins help... but even when I get into the habit of taking them regularly, I can't say I feel that boost of energy. Caffeine helps for short spurts... or just makes me anxious.

If it's a mental lethargy, for me, trying to look at the bright side of life helps. (I know that sounds gay...) But for me, that involves waking in the morning and sipping on coffee while watching the sun rise... or going for walks and taking in the scenery, and allowing myself to get lost in thought at the same time. But maybe this is because I allow myself to tap into all my cognitive functions... Fi/Se/Ni. Is it possible you're getting caught in some sort of loop? Ti/Si kind of loop? Try getting out of yourself and tapping into your Ne, maybe?

Just suggestions...

:hugs:

Sunny Ghost

ooh, i wanted to add something... if it is depression, since you're an introvert, perhaps you could try building up your own inner world. hmm... how do i explain that? for me, things that bring me happiness are very much solitude types of activities where i am building up my own inner world of beauty and wonder and learning and growing, etc. sometimes it's hard to muster up the energy to do things like paint, or clean my room, or read a book, but often if i can just force myself to do it, i notice how much happier i feel after i start. but then again, i'm coming from a completely different mindset and point of view.

however, i am a big believer that in order to reach mental equilibrium, one needs to be balanced internally and externally. my problem is, i get too focused internally (Fi/Ni looping). so i pull myself out of it by finding beauty in Se types of things to help offset this. but same if i'm focused too externally, i lose my inner realm and start to feel a loss in who i am. and then there's also, sort of stumbling through the world, not focusing internally or externally. find your own personal starting point (and strangely for me, this usually involves cleaning my room, as this helps equate out to clearing my head) and try working from there.