User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Fading away

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Fading away

Do you ever feel profoundly tired? I used to be able to do quite a few things in a day, but after almost a year of worsening fatigue, I'm having trouble doing whatever the one thing is that I have scheduled for a given day. It feels like dysfunction has spread everywhere, making it unnecessarily difficult to eat, or sleep, or think, or care about anything. I'm not being very thorough... I'm just sick of this, and want it fixed. I feel like I'm not here anymore. Can you relate? Do you have any ideas on how to return to some sort of normalcy?
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    Do you ever feel profoundly tired? I used to be able to do quite a few things in a day, but after almost a year of worsening fatigue, I'm having trouble doing whatever the one thing is that I have scheduled for a given day. It feels like dysfunction has spread everywhere, making it unnecessarily difficult to eat, or sleep, or think, or care about anything. I'm not being very thorough... I'm just sick of this, and want it fixed. I feel like I'm not here anymore. Can you relate? Do you have any ideas on how to return to some sort of normalcy?
    I can definitely relate.

I've actually felt that way for much of my life. I would say that during the times I felt the best, the common theme was that I always had something to do. Something that had to get done. When I just let myself go, and do as little as possible... I feel content for a while, but then I begin to feel sort of like you described... like I'm not there anymore. Though I don't have trouble eating and sleeping, I do have difficulties thinking deeply or caring about anything.

There's no surefire way to fix this, but the only thing I can say, is try to get more people and activities into your daily life. Things like this usually happen when you allow yourself to introvert too much. Ideally, the situations and people should be ones that would normally interest you.

If you're living a fairly full life, doing all sorts of things, and you still feel this way... then you might need to talk to a psychologist about the possibility that you have depression. Or possibly see a doctor about the possibility of anemia. It's not clear if the cause is physiological or psychological in your case.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Also get your thyroid checked as that sometimes can impact energy levels. B vitamins is another possibility. Exercising regularly should help.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

*hugs* Not much to add that hasn't already been stated here by Ath and Fidelia, everything they have suggested is good advice, I had Chronic fatigue myself, and drinking a quart of fresh made veggie juice helped me every day too... I would usually drink it in the morning... that helped with my energy levels at least, the emotional I have had to work on myself, and still am... Adaptogenic herbs for adrenal support also helped me as well with energy, cutting caffeine processed sugars and fats, and most meat out of my diet, helped a ton too... this is all I have to add to what has already been said, I hope you find a way to feel better soon <3

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i find most of the e5s i know have a tendency to be like this, including myself.

i'd suggest not trying to solve it in a day. do one to two healthy things no matter how awful it is and try to stick with it. even small things. finding a way to restore some sense of order and rhythm in your life, no more how burnt out and dopamine-less you feel. i also recommend adaptogen teas. they help normalize stress response, which is especially good for burnt out head types. sometimes it's best to start with the body first.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Sometimes, if I've had an uneventful workday, it's all I can do to not just pass out at 5 pm. It's a sort of...mental fatigue that manifests physically, due to just being understimulated for long periods of time. For me, it's a struggle at times for my mind to do nothing, and to be around people while doing nothing. If there's anything in your life consistently mentally unfulfilling in that manner, that's the first place I'd look. Step back, detach for a bit, do a life audit.

I know you're diligent about your diet and physical activity, but I'd still look in to that, if for no other reason than being thorough. Eat those peaches.

MBTI
    yupp

I can relate, I get tired so easily and run out of energy and people call me lazy but sometimes i really don't have the energy to do a lot. It's frustrating, because I know I should be doing more but I can't.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I can relate. Jock summarized it plenty. Diet and circadian rythm are important I feel.

God I can so relate to all of this. I actually believe I am profoundly depressed...but that the depression has not manifested in my mind...but rather in my body. And so I feel trapped in this bizarre situation...where mentally I want to get-up, get-out and engage in life...but being so physically exhausted it seems I can get nothing worthwhiile accomplished in a day. It is an awful place to be.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Why don't you see a doctor?