123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default TypeC INTJs versus INTJForum INTJs

Do you think anything tends to separate the kind of INTJ who prefers TypeC over INTJForum, and vice versa? Why would someone prefer one vs. the other?

I spent a little bit of time there. Some seemed overly direct and a little rude . I also noticed there is a program that runs which removes references to other typology forums. So, if you mention TypeC, it strips the reference out.

I'd be interested in hearing what INTJs and non-INTJs have to say on this.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Everything they have there, we can also have here; while everything we have here, they cannot have there - provided that INTJForum has only INTJ members.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Everything they have there, we can also have here; while everything we have here, they cannot have there - provided that INTJForum has only INTJ members.
    They're not all INTJs though. WoodsWoman has a very impressive blog for example.

I have never been there. I see no reason to visit another forum because its members are less diverse.

garbage

You don't get nearly the breadth of opinions that you would in a "mixed forum." On the other hand, you woudn't have to cater to a wide audience, so you can "specialize" the rules and the discussion threads.

I haven't participated in much discussion on type-specific forums, but, to me, they just seem to have the same threads and sentiments repeated ad nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I also noticed there is a program that runs which removes references to other typology forums. So, if you mention TypeC, it strips the reference out.
    this is absolutely hilarious

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I have an account there.. I haven't been there in over a year.. It seemed cool enough though.
    I also have an account at INFJf as well , haven't been there in forever either.
    I think too much of one type in one place is not really a good idea, an us VS the world mentality is present in both places, and there isn't enough opposing views.

A sports forum I used to hang out on removed all references to other forums as well.
    I guess if it's being run for profit , you don't want to advertise for the competition.??

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

INTJf is definitely a bit weaker with respect to the collective understanding of types and functions, but there is a better understanding of INTJs as a type.

Another oddity I have noticed is a surfeit of mistyped INTJs. A large fraction of the membership consists of those who originally tested or typed as INTJ and subsequently discovered their type to be different. Some end up as self identified INFJs, or INTPs or ENTPs, or INFPs. They rarely re-type themselves as S, though, except for the occasional joke or experiment.

I suspect a very large fraction of INTJs over there to be mistyped INFJs, based on their discussion/debate/argument styles. They believe themselves to be logical and rational, and not particularly nice, and thus test as T instead of F, even though (to my understanding and perception) they're using NiFe to argue their points. This is just my opinion, and I would never mention my opinion of their type unless they asked. Frankly, I believe that INFJs are as smart and logical and rational as INTJs, but they're just looking at a different set of standards for evaluation - which is why it's so easy to mistype oneself one way or the other.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    there is a program that runs which removes references to other typology forums. So, if you mention TypeC, it strips the reference out.
    Sounds like a control freak made that decision.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Sounds like a control freak made that decision.
    Hey! Let's not be insensitive here. I believe the proper term is "control person".
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

garbage

"controlling prick"

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I suspect a very large fraction of INTJs over there to be mistyped INFJs, based on their discussion/debate/argument styles. They believe themselves to be logical and rational, and not particularly nice, and thus test as T instead of F, even though (to my understanding and perception) they're using NiFe to argue their points.
    Also, I'd love to see what this difference looks like to you. It's a pretty interesting thought