First 23456 Last

Banned

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Many trying to act out a stereotype for affirmations from others that they are INTJs. Quite embarrassing to witness. Hand to face often at times with many things said there.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Do you think anything tends to separate the kind of INTJ who prefers TypeC over INTJForum, and vice versa? Why would someone prefer one vs. the other?

I spent a little bit of time there. Some seemed overly direct and a little rude . I also noticed there is a program that runs which removes references to other typology forums. So, if you mention TypeC, it strips the reference out.

I'd be interested in hearing what INTJs and non-INTJs have to say on this.
    Let's just say that the INTJs here have made me appreciate and like them more.... The INTJs there made me think that they were all self-centered know-it-alls. The INTJs here are a lot more friendly and less confrontational (for lack of better words).

People talk about cliques on this forum.... This forum can't even hold a candle to INTJf regarding cliques! If you aren't "in" then you will be ignored no matter what you post...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Sounds like a control freak made that decision.
    Yeah... It's also got very strict avatar guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Many trying to act out a stereotype for affirmations from others that they are INTJs. Quite embarrassing to witness. Hand to face often at times with many things said there.
    Agreed.....

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post

Yeah... It's also got very strict avatar guidelines.
    What, only anime?
    *Perpetuating sterotypes since 2008*
    Last edited by CrystalViolet; 02-11-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: so it doesn't look like a random comment.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I like to visit boards of a single type to get a feel for that type. The atmosphere quickly paints a picture of the type, in the way profiles may not be able to do. It's always good to keep in mind age differences, mistypings, and a tendency to draw a certain crowd regardless of type, though. I tend to filter out the extreme types when forming my picture.

INTJf's biggest flaw is being dull, which means I only drop by now & then, mainly to lecture on Feeling . The grasp of the theory is awful there... Most seem stuck on the 4 dichotomies and don't even understand those very well. I also think there is a substantial number of mistyped ISTJs....there's too much patting themselves on the back for being pragmatic.

On a positive note, it does seem to me that when people have a discussion, there is less petty squabbling than some types engage in. I don't know if it's due to the INTJ debate style to make a statement and see no reason to defend it when questioned because that might imply the other person has a point...who knows.

Strangely, it seems friendlier than other NT forums. INFPs are pretty welcome there & our opinions aren't shot down immediately for being Fs, which I appreciate.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes serenesam liked this post

I'll go there if I'm in the mood to talk to someone who thinks they are JUST LIKE "L from Death Note". tut tut

You should probably go to INTPc when you are in that mood.

Oops.. *take away my geek card..*

I meant Light from Death Note. There's a sort of air with some of them that apparently took the mastermind label a bit too seriously. If I didn't know better, I'd think I had just stumbled upon some sekret supervillain headquarters. Which begs the question, they need to get to business. The world is pretty bad, but not that bad yet. I don't exactly see these masterminds at work at the moment.

edit: Mind you, I actually like INTJs though. I can drop my guard easily with them and they help springboard a lot of interesting discussion. I'm just not into this embodiment of perfection schitck I see every once in a while. I thought I was lost in fantasy..

There are good people there, as other people have mentioned, like WoodsWoman. Just got to find them.

I'm not sure, the INTJs here act more freely than the INTJs do in INTJf.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'll go there if I'm in the mood to talk to someone who thinks they are JUST LIKE "L from Death Note". tut tut
    OHHHHH GOD! I still remember that thread.
    Last edited by Rail Tracer; 02-12-2011 at 03:09 PM.

MBTI
    INTj

I think both forums serve their purposes. I like the diversity on this forum, although they actually have it there too since many are actually mistyped.