• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC INTJs versus INTJForum INTJs

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess they just cared about making me understand their point. And a couple of them were just amazingly... intense. There was one guy who just kept trying to bully me into accepting his viewpoint, but I just kept calmly refuting him... and at the end, he agreed with me, felt horrible for how aggressive he'd been, and thanked me for putting up with him.

:laugh: I'm curious to know if there is any INTJ on this forum who hasn't been guilty of this.

Generally, but not always, I believe that the INTJ who prefers INTJf found it first, while the INTJ who prefers TypeC found this one first.

It gets bagged a lot for being so controlling, and it is, but it was my first forum and there are some good (and despite rumours, mature) people there. It's just insular.

I discovered INTJf first but it didn't capture my interest enough to stick with it. Then, I was on PersonalityCafe for about one week and then discovered TypoC. In comparison to INTJf, it might have been there were posts on TypoC from people who are not INTJs, that had perspectives or insights that I would never have thought of, that was somehow appealing.

MBTI Type
POOP
INTJf is basically a bunch of miserable pricks fighting it out to see who can make the least interesting point about whichever molecule-thin topic the central leadership has deigned will cause the most misery to the rest of the community.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: I'm curious to know if there is any INTJ on this forum who hasn't been guilty of this.
No kidding. I've actually been on both sides of this one.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I spend a good deal of time there, probably more than here. It's not that bad. Perhaps a little over-controlled, but that's better than being a spam magnet. People there believe they're right. There are some very intelligent people there though, some of whom also contribute to this board fairly regularly, and not all of them are INTJs.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i stumbled on INTJforum before typoc. and INTPc in between those. both fun to lurk; neither was interesting enough for me to join.

you have to give it to INTJforum though, the little slogan is so funny:
masterminds. innovators. villains. virgins.

From my limited visits, I'd say that INTJs at INTJf are kind of like college kids who have just discovered politics. I think they're younger, more ardent, more sure of themselves, and less aware of how the world works. Immature INTJs are pretty insufferable. I think we have a more reasoned, mature group here.

:yes:

college INTJs: fun to argue with, glad i don't have to put up with them in my house.

i'm sure you could say the same about ENFPs, though. any type, really. we should make a thread of annoying college types... though i'm sure it's been done before, lol.

INFJforum is more pleasant, shame you can't have a decent conversation about anything remotely interesting.

INTPforum never gets anywhere, nothing is supplied which is new.

ENFPforum... doesn't... work... properly... :shrug:

:rofl1:

Prolly plays a part but not all forums are blocked, it's about cutting down on cross-forum drama, INTPc in particular seems to enjoy spamming the forum from time to time, for the sake of spamming it, easiest way to stop that is not let it start in the first place.

:laugh: INTPs. they would. i swear /b/ is NTP heaven

Within

Permabanned
I decided to stop hanging around INTJforum when I noticed that they were editing out my posts. Control issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

figsfiggyfigs

I decided to stop hanging around INTJforum when I noticed that they where editing out my posts. Control issues.

I actually did that too.

They'd edit them out, or erase them all together.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Many trying to act out a stereotype for affirmations from others that they are INTJs. Quite embarrassing to witness. Hand to face often at times with many things said there.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you think anything tends to separate the kind of INTJ who prefers TypeC over INTJForum, and vice versa? Why would someone prefer one vs. the other?

I spent a little bit of time there. Some seemed overly direct and a little rude :). I also noticed there is a program that runs which removes references to other typology forums. So, if you mention TypeC, it strips the reference out.

I'd be interested in hearing what INTJs and non-INTJs have to say on this.

Let's just say that the INTJs here have made me appreciate and like them more.... The INTJs there made me think that they were all self-centered know-it-alls. The INTJs here are a lot more friendly and less confrontational (for lack of better words).

People talk about cliques on this forum.... This forum can't even hold a candle to INTJf regarding cliques! If you aren't "in" then you will be ignored no matter what you post...

Sounds like a control freak made that decision.

Yeah... It's also got very strict avatar guidelines. :yes:

Many trying to act out a stereotype for affirmations from others that they are INTJs. Quite embarrassing to witness. Hand to face often at times with many things said there.

Agreed.....

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like to visit boards of a single type to get a feel for that type. The atmosphere quickly paints a picture of the type, in the way profiles may not be able to do. It's always good to keep in mind age differences, mistypings, and a tendency to draw a certain crowd regardless of type, though. I tend to filter out the extreme types when forming my picture.

INTJf's biggest flaw is being dull, which means I only drop by now & then, mainly to lecture on Feeling :cheese:. The grasp of the theory is awful there... Most seem stuck on the 4 dichotomies and don't even understand those very well. I also think there is a substantial number of mistyped ISTJs....there's too much patting themselves on the back for being pragmatic.

On a positive note, it does seem to me that when people have a discussion, there is less petty squabbling than some types engage in. I don't know if it's due to the INTJ debate style to make a statement and see no reason to defend it when questioned because that might imply the other person has a point...who knows.

Strangely, it seems friendlier than other NT forums. INFPs are pretty welcome there & our opinions aren't shot down immediately for being Fs, which I appreciate.

KDude

I'll go there if I'm in the mood to talk to someone who thinks they are JUST LIKE "L from Death Note". tut tut

KDude

Oops.. *take away my geek card..*

I meant Light from Death Note. There's a sort of air with some of them that apparently took the mastermind label a bit too seriously. If I didn't know better, I'd think I had just stumbled upon some sekret supervillain headquarters. Which begs the question, they need to get to business. The world is pretty bad, but not that bad yet. I don't exactly see these masterminds at work at the moment.

edit: Mind you, I actually like INTJs though. I can drop my guard easily with them and they help springboard a lot of interesting discussion. I'm just not into this embodiment of perfection schitck I see every once in a while. I thought I was lost in fantasy..

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are good people there, as other people have mentioned, like WoodsWoman. Just got to find them.

I'm not sure, the INTJs here act more freely than the INTJs do in INTJf.

I'll go there if I'm in the mood to talk to someone who thinks they are JUST LIKE "L from Death Note". tut tut

OHHHHH GOD! I still remember that thread.

Last edited:

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
I think both forums serve their purposes. I like the diversity on this forum, although they actually have it there too since many are actually mistyped. :)