User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TypeC INTJs versus INTJForum INTJs

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Hey! Let's not be insensitive here. I believe the proper term is "control person".
    Control person?
    When all else fails, claim it's rigged.

953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Also, I'd love to see what this difference looks like to you. It's a pretty interesting thought
    What I've noticed is that where I'm used to hearing a "Te style" argument from an INTJ, which is concerned with things and logistics and how things can be analytically broken down into various processes, there is instead a focus more on Ti-style systematic self-consistency. It's rather odd, because I get the definite Ni vibe where internal assumptions and perspectives are malleable, and it's definitely INxJ in approach, the reasoning is more INTP-ish - an Ni-Ti approach, instead of Ni-Te. There is a definite lack of the Fi vibe, where one is more concerned of an overall concept of right and wrong (if rather personally biased), and a Fe vibe that is definitely there but not emphasized. I sense the Fe-ness more from the values arguments, which are generally pragmatic and brought up as arguments rather than overall principles.

In particular, I know I'm dealing with an INFJ instead of an INTJ when they become convinced that they know what I "really think" in spite of what I've said, that they think they know me better than I know myself. Where an INTJ will just call me stupid or evil when their arguments slouch towards irrationality, INFJs will start psychoanalyzing me. INTJs don't usually pretend to have such insight into human nature. This only happens in more stressful discussions, obviously. Without the stress points, I doubt I'd be able to detect INFJs typed as INTJs at all. They are very logically- and technically- minded Ni doms.

Again, this is all just opinion, based on personal experience and my personal understanding of Ni, Fe, Te, Ti and Fi. I don't intend it as an authoritative or absolute statement.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

From my limited visits, I'd say that INTJs at INTJf are kind of like college kids who have just discovered politics. I think they're younger, more ardent, more sure of themselves, and less aware of how the world works. Immature INTJs are pretty insufferable. I think we have a more reasoned, mature group here.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Senior Member Array

When you get type specific sites, it leans towards conforming to the stereotype instead of being human or yourself (these two can differ).

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

never been to INTJf i tend to avoid type specific forums for the reason metaphor gave. But some of the INTJs on here I don't have any problems with, while others I want to stab in the face for being so insufferable. that being said it's only a small minority of INTJs I want to stab in the face.
    by @magpie

Banned Array

INTJforum is appalling; not because I dislike the INTJs there - but because of the cranky non-INTJ mediators who spend their time making it an SJ forum where everyone requires a PhD to be allowed an opinion. Fact's are not logically deduced they are assumed to be correct based upon post count and friend count. It's not my cup of tea despite many people continually trying to get me to post there.

My problem with INTJ forum is simply that it is not INTJ friendly. People are not given an equal voice and there is little dignity to proceedings.

INFJforum is more pleasant, shame you can't have a decent conversation about anything remotely interesting.

INTPforum never gets anywhere, nothing is supplied which is new.

ENFPforum... doesn't... work... properly...
    Likes Bknight liked this post

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar

I haven't been there in a while, but from what I remember... the INTJs there were great people, but several of them seemed intellectually deficient (but don't tell them I said that! You know how NTs get when you question their competence).

Do you know what was embarrassing, though? Because of the Fe/Fi conflict, I ended up often appearing to be the insensitive and detached one in the group, while everyone else was relating to some kind of Fi thing an INFP was posting that I just DID NOT GET.

They were some of the sweetest and rudest INTJs I've ever met, though. A lot of them were so nice to me, although I kept offending their sensibilities on accident. I guess they just cared about making me understand their point. And a couple of them were just amazingly... intense. There was one guy who just kept trying to bully me into accepting his viewpoint, but I just kept calmly refuting him... and at the end, he agreed with me, felt horrible for how aggressive he'd been, and thanked me for putting up with him. I met some great people on there, most of whom came to this forum sooner or later.

I was only on that forum at first because I had gotten mad over something that had happened here, and needed time to cool down before I could come back. I assumed a room full of INTJs would be a good place to learn how to calm down, as detached as those guys are supposed to be. Didn't work out quite like I planned, but it did work out pretty well. The forum got a little ridiculous when I noticed they started censoring the names of other forums, though... that's about the time when I stopped going back.

9w8 so/sx

Generally, but not always, I believe that the INTJ who prefers INTJf found it first, while the INTJ who prefers TypeC found this one first.

It gets bagged a lot for being so controlling, and it is, but it was my first forum and there are some good (and despite rumours, mature) people there. It's just insular.

937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I also noticed there is a program that runs which removes references to other typology forums. So, if you mention TypeC, it strips the reference out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    The forum got a little ridiculous when I noticed they started censoring the names of other forums, though... that's about the time when I stopped going back.
    It's about not wanting to share link juice. If I ran a typology forum I wouldn't want to share link juice with TypoC either. Competition. Business decision.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

9w8 so/sx

Prolly plays a part but not all forums are blocked, it's about cutting down on cross-forum drama, INTPc in particular seems to enjoy spamming the forum from time to time, for the sake of spamming it, easiest way to stop that is not let it start in the first place.