User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which type does the following description match best? SJ? SP? NT? or NF?

lab rat extraordinaire Array CrystalViolet's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp

Taking the example of comparing an apple to orange. You agree that they are both round, and can be considered fruit?
    That's basically what the op's doing. Comparing an apple to an orange and asking if we see the similarities too.
    No wrong or right involved what so ever.
    You can however choose to break down a description, and apply the parts which are comparable to come to a conclusion.
    If you don't see similarities, fair enough.
    Just don't focus on statements that clearly can't be compared to MBTI.
    It's not exactly a pronouncement of a moral judgement or new scientific theory, it's a bit of fun.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

4w5 sx/sp

If anything... IxxP... however, any personality type is capable of being an old soul, and any personality type is capable of being a youthful soul.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

6w7 so/sx
    EII Ne

well, pulling this off the website:

Infant souls deal with issues of survival; they do not yet have a basis for making sense of what is “out there”—they only know that it is “not me.”

Baby souls have a need for structure and tend to live according to beliefs based on dogma, such as religion. Baby souls, focused as they are on bringing people together under the umbrella of civilization, see others, sometimes simplistically, as being “just like me.” They can become confused and upset when those “other me’s” act differently than expected.

Young souls are success oriented and set high standards of personal achievement. Young souls are learning to impact the world, and see others as “you”s they can impact.

Mature souls are relationship fixated and tend to gravitate towards emotional drama. Mature souls, delving into their inner world and exploring relatedness, can keenly feel other people’s “stuff,” and perceive it in the same way they perceive their own. This can make for much intensity and, often, subjectivity.

Old souls seek the larger perspective of life, and have less interest in playing the material game. They tend to be more detached, and try to see themselves and others within a larger context.
    if i had to assign, the stages sound xxxx, SJ, TJ, FP, NTP.

i'm not really sure i'm a fan of the "soul ages" though, no offense. it just seems to put people on unequal footing - mature implies better - whereas the four temperaments are meant to be balanced.

the thing that i feel, and perhaps a reason that others are also hesitating to pair them, is that it feels kind of "wrong" to match them up, because the systems don't value people equally. assigning temperaments to the ages is ranking temperaments, even though by definition they are not supposed to be ranked.

649 sp/so
    EII Fi

I'm too lazy to read the whole post.

At the end of a full life comes the time of old age. Much that can be said about an Old soul is what would be said about an old person. Usually old people have traveled to many places and done many things. They are a storehouse of wisdom and understanding because of this range of experience. But in spite of their competence they do not usually accomplish very much. Because of the age of the body, there is often a tiredness about them that prevents much expenditure of effort. They are quieter than younger people, have a more relaxed lifestyle, and are more subdued in their manner of expression. They have mellowed out considerably compared to their younger days. The energy and excitement of youth is mostly gone. It is very similar with Old souls. They have access through the subconscious to a great wealth of experience. Often they become teachers to pass this knowledge and wisdom on, but to a limited number of students — there is little desire or effort to release their understanding into the world in general. In fact, in the last Levels, some Old souls can be so world-weary that they are ready to just lay down and die. Like a person in the last decade of life, the Old soul is "winding down" so to speak, or "in retirement", preparing for death, settling the estate, and tying up loose ends. In terms of the theory of reincarnation, the Old soul is clearing the way for the final break with the physical plane.
    These are the only sentences that could possibly be related to personality. I agree with everyone else that this has nothing to do with typology (thought process, values, interpretation of outside data) and rather more to do with a persons lifestyle and mental state. Ni ego types are often described as seeming unproductive to others because of their weak Se (impact). Second highlighted part seems anti-Fe.
    "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains"
    -Rosa Luxemburg

Don't Dream It, Be It Array Masokissed's Avatar
    7w8 sx/so
    SEE Se

Introverted and Si valuing.

We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we started
    And know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot

Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post