User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. #1
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Smile Typology is our household god.

    We are forming the Typology Tribe at Central. So I wonder what kind of tribe are we forming?

    Is it a peaceful tribe without irritation and disappointment? Or is it a tribe where we empahtise with one another?

    The fact is we talk past one another except when we are arguing. And alas, on a regular basis some of us are banned. In tribal terms this means being banished from the tribe, being ostracised and sent into the wilderness to die.

    And yet we keep coming back. It's all a bit mysterious. It's as though there is no individual consciously in charge, but just as our bodies work unconsciously day and night, so Central works unconsciously and we are just along for the ride.

    This is somewhat alarming for the literate individual, it's as though our individuality is being extinguished by the unconscious tribe.

    But we shouldn't worry as animals are completely unconscious and yet the fill every evolutionary niche from the deepest sea to the troposphere.

    Yes, we are going back to the bi-cameral mind. And as you know the origin of consciousness is found in the breakdown of the bi-cameral mind. So all we are doing is returning to our ancestoral past when the bi-cameral mind spoke to itself as though it were hearing the voice of a god. So once again we are becoming our own god, and we are setting up our household gods once again. And Typology is our household god, suitably enigmatic yet embracing all disciplines. No one is left out. We are all part of typology tribe in the global village.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    In tribal terms this means being banished from the tribe, being ostracised and sent into the wilderness to die.
    That's a bit much, Victor.

  3. #3
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    If "we're" creating a "tribe", are you part of it?

    Of those banned, have you kept track of who's returned?

    I'm pretty sure I continue to visit simply because I receive replies when the alternative is randomly shooting off rocks into space.

    thinking of you

  4. #4
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That's a bit much, Victor.
    It's too much, it's too much, it's too much of a metaphor.

  5. #5
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    If "we're" creating a "tribe", are you part of it?

    Of those banned, have you kept track of who's returned?

    I'm pretty sure I continue to visit simply because I receive replies when the alternative is randomly shooting off rocks into space.
    "Victor" is now my tribal identity. This is a bit odd as my literal name, my real name is also "Victor". But I started off here completely naive and so gave my real name and identity which was an entirely a literate identity, but slowly I have morphed into a tribal identity called "Victor".

    At first I was too naive to even have an avatar. But since then I have made more than 7,000 posts and seen the movie avatar and read Mardhall McLuhan, the patron saint of the internet, as well as watching him on Youtube.

    And you and I both keep coming back here for the same reason - the meaning of any of our communications is its responses - otherwise we may as well throw rocks into space.

    And so I look forward to your reply.

  6. #6
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    "Victor" is now my tribal identity. This is a bit odd as my literal name, my real name is also "Victor". But I started off here completely naive and so gave my real name and identity which was an entirely a literate identity, but slowly I have morphed into a tribal identity called "Victor".

    At first I was too naive to even have an avatar. But since then I have made more than 7,000 posts and seen the movie avatar and read Mardhall McLuhan, the patron saint of the internet, as well as watching him on Youtube.

    And you and I both keep coming back here for the same reason - the meaning of any of our communications is its responses - otherwise we may as well throw rocks into space.

    And so I look forward to your reply.
    Have you ever heard or viewed Robert Ashley's Perfect Lives?

    thinking of you

  7. #7
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    I will detroy this false god.
    Last edited by Stanton Moore; 02-01-2011 at 03:47 PM.

  8. #8
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I will detroy this false god.
    I can understand how you feel but you might like to consider that the voice of the household god extends no further than the household. Although it is true the village god can be heard over the whole village. But what is most interesting is that we now live in the global village and the village god can be heard over the whole globe.

    On the other hand, the god of the book can only be heard by one individual at a time.

    And our global god is not at all bothered by the individual god. I mean how could she be. The individual god rose with the printing press and faded with the electric telegraph.

    Everytime we sign on to Central, we listen to our global god. God bless us all.

  9. #9
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Of those banned, have you kept track of who's returned?
    Yes. The name is JTG.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

Similar Threads

  1. Another "Why Typology is Stupid" Thread
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 08:34 AM
  2. How rich is our conception of personality typing?
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 06:20 PM
  3. What I think typology is
    By BlackCat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 10:51 AM
  4. What is our purpose?
    By G-Virus in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 02:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO