• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NPs

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
can you sleep normal styles?

Cybin

MBTI Type
INFP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronotype

I always had problems going to sleep for as long as I can remember. I have memories of just lying in bed for hours trying to sleep as a kid, only to be able to around 2-3. (then wake up at 6 for school). I work a late job now, and my sleep schedule sits comfortably at 2-3am until 10-11am.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
owl_x.jpg

That's a no

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
HAHAHA.

I wish.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
My sleep needs rotation to the right time zone:doh:
But if the owl can do it so can I
owl_x.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
see!!?? hahaha!!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I'm well trained.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am a night owl, yes, and I hate to wake up early (sleeping til noon or later is a regular habit....). But I fall asleep easily & can sleep 10+ hours straight. When I have no schedule of any kind to adhere to, then my sleep patterns get more & more chaotic, as I just sleep when I feel like it & stay up when I feel like it. Routine keeps me in check...

KDude

I usually sleep for 6 hours at a time, but my cycle is constantly shifting. It's horrible really.. I'm not in sync with... umm.. business/school/whatever hours. Whenever an appointment comes up, it's a chore to self-kick my ass and be ready for it.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm definitely a night owl. I also often have trouble getting sleep so I like to sleep late.

I'm not a morning person either - my brain doesn't function properly for the first hour or 2 after I've woken up. Asking me questions, telling me things I'm supposed to remember or generally trying to have a conversation with me at such times will result in fragmented, nonsensical responses. :wacko:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm definitely a night owl. I also often have trouble getting sleep so I like to sleep late.

I'm not a morning person either - my brain doesn't function properly for the first hour or 2 after I've woken up. Asking me questions, telling me things I'm supposed to remember or generally trying to have a conversation with me at such times will result in fragmented, nonsensical responses. :wacko:

Oh, man. Me, too. I am in a total fog for the first hour or so. It's frustrating sometimes because I like to sleep until the last possible minute, but when I'm working a job with normal people hours, I have to get up a bit earlier so my brain will start working like it's supposed to. I prefer to teach night classes, when I'm at my prime. It also allows me to keep the schedule I like best: staying up until 3 or 4, sleeping until noon or later.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
never. i have no internal clock. but i do smoke a lot of weed which makes me fall asleep earlier. all through high school i'd stay up til 3 or 4 in the morning, no matter what i did to try and fix it and get on a normal schedule, i'd always go back to being up all night.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I personally want to do one of the circadian rhythm tests with no outside sense of time and see what happens. I'm curious what pattern I would fall into.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
My rhythm is perfect for a world of 26-hour days. Now I been sleeping almost on the right time for a week or so. I think it's learned behavior for me. Once the only introvert moments for me were in the middle of the night...

An interesting thing about this shifting rhythm is that I seem to cope better sleep deprived than most people. Has anyone else noticed this?

Aibell

MBTI Type
INTP
No. I got a circadian rhythm disorder. And I can't shut off my brain when it's all quiet so I use white noise and an audio book to stop my mind from going in one million directions at once.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My sleep pattern is totally normal.

Wait, it's normal to go to bed at 2am right?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I was younger, I was very particular about how I had to be sleeping, what could be touching me, etc... otherwise I couldn't fall asleep.

Nowadays the biggest thing I do it use a white noise machine or a fan -- if the house is silent, any little sound immediately grabs my attention. I also prefer it to be pitch black, but I can now handle a bit of light without much problem.

The typical issue with insomnia for me is not being able to make my mind shut up.

I also have trouble going to bed early.

Even with me dragging on my 4:30am wake-up time with my current job, I often don't go to bed until 12-1am. Not good. It's not like I don't want to go to bed, I just tend to not be tired at that point of night. When I feel like crashing, it's usually around mid-afternoon or 6pm.

My sleep pattern is totally normal.
Wait, it's normal to go to bed at 2am right?

I dunno. Sounds kind of early.