User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: NPs

MBTI
    ENTP

I tried sleeping 4 hours twice a day, and it felt like I slept 4 hours.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm definitely a night owl. I also often have trouble getting sleep so I like to sleep late.

I'm not a morning person either - my brain doesn't function properly for the first hour or 2 after I've woken up. Asking me questions, telling me things I'm supposed to remember or generally trying to have a conversation with me at such times will result in fragmented, nonsensical responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Oh, man. Me, too. I am in a total fog for the first hour or so. It's frustrating sometimes because I like to sleep until the last possible minute, but when I'm working a job with normal people hours, I have to get up a bit earlier so my brain will start working like it's supposed to. I prefer to teach night classes, when I'm at my prime. It also allows me to keep the schedule I like best: staying up until 3 or 4, sleeping until noon or later.
    This.
    and my sleep cycle fluctuates both in terms of duration, frequency and time slots.
    an 10/11 am meeting means two reminders starting 9/10 am and a few alarms for waking up starting 7 am
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm out before my head hits the pillow.

It is somewhat irritatin to have to wake up before 8am, which seems to be my body's notion of "early". Anything before that hour causes me to feel very sleepy upon awakening.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Quote Originally Posted by Cybin View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronotype

I always had problems going to sleep for as long as I can remember. I have memories of just lying in bed for hours trying to sleep as a kid, only to be able to around 2-3. (then wake up at 6 for school). I work a late job now, and my sleep schedule sits comfortably at 2-3am until 10-11am.
    Yep, that is me too. I sometimes wish we had 30hr days. I have a hard to falling asleep, and hard time waking up. I get very irritable and cranky when I get too little sleep. Any time I have to get up earlier than normal or for something like say catch a flight, I have an even harder time, stressing that I might not wake up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The typical issue with insomnia for me is not being able to make my mind shut up.

I also have trouble going to bed early.

Even with me dragging on my 4:30am wake-up time with my current job, I often don't go to bed until 12-1am. Not good. It's not like I don't want to go to bed, I just tend to not be tired at that point of night. When I feel like crashing, it's usually around mid-afternoon or 6pm.

OMG I know. It's so hard to shut up my mind. I have to set the tv on a timer alot of times and try NOT to fall asleep. Occasionally, I can do some mellow music, but other times I get too into the music and get a second wind and am wide awake and craving more music.

Permabanned

I have a theory.
    Extroverts fall asleep faster. Why? Because extroverts get their energy from the external world and introverts get their energy internally. I know sometimes I can't sleep because my brain refuses to. A little experiment? Introverts that can't fall asleep, instead of lying in bed introverting, lie in bed extroverting. Make it so you're environment is non-stimulating and extrovert. It should take more energy on your part thus you'll fall asleep faster.

I've noticed something about my self... Before I go to bed I have to be reviewing the past. I'm guessing this is Si (my supposedly 3rd function). But I have to have a song I've heard playing in my head, or reviewing past conversations, or thinking about someone. This fits neatly into my "use a more energy taxing function before bed" theory. So, introverts, instead of introverting you're first function, introvert your third. It might solve the problems.

Without time constrictions I sleep 12 hours and stay up 13. I've done this over the summer and during breaks pretty consistently.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I used to have pretty erratic sleeping habits. I'd sleep 4 hours one night and 12 hours the next. Some nights I'd be ready to go to bed by 10:00, other nights I wouldn't go to bed until 3:00 or 4:00 am and I'd only sleep a few hours and end up groggy the whole day. I can't just go to bed at a certain time and make myself fall asleep but I've been alot better about keeping at least a somewhat regular sleeping schedule. When I do so, I generally feel better. I also hear it's better for the body's metabolism too.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Definitely not. I had thought I'd grow out of it as I got older, (or grow into a normal sleep pattern) but that hasn't happened and I doubt it ever will. If left to my own devices, I'm most comfortable going to sleep around 4 or 5 AM and waking up around 2 PM - an eternal teenager I guess.

Thank god for coffee and lenient bosses.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    I have a theory.
    Extroverts fall asleep faster. Why? Because extroverts get their energy from the external world and introverts get their energy internally. I know sometimes I can't sleep because my brain refuses to. A little experiment? Introverts that can't fall asleep, instead of lying in bed introverting, lie in bed extroverting. Make it so you're environment is non-stimulating and extrovert. It should take more energy on your part thus you'll fall asleep faster.

I've noticed something about my self... Before I go to bed I have to be reviewing the past. I'm guessing this is Si (my supposedly 3rd function). But I have to have a song I've heard playing in my head, or reviewing past conversations, or thinking about someone. This fits neatly into my "use a more energy taxing function before bed" theory. So, introverts, instead of introverting you're first function, introvert your third. It might solve the problems.

Without time constrictions I sleep 12 hours and stay up 13. I've done this over the summer and during breaks pretty consistently.
    i think definitely no...i blame ne for real. last night after being on the computer and reading and learning different things on different pages...researching this and that and making plans and figuring things out...i was about to pass out dead i was so tired but i laid in bed for hours because my brain was on overdrive like super enthused manic style...like omg this and that is such a good idea...ahhh...and blah blah blah tornado style thoughts. it sucked so bad i almost had to take a valium. i was feeling anxious and panicky.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

You don't sleep because you A) Worry B) You're excited C) You aren't physically tired D) Drugs E) You're sensotarded, unaware of time. F) Because you spend too much time on the internet G) You have a sleep disorder.