User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: NPs

I usually sleep for 6 hours at a time, but my cycle is constantly shifting. It's horrible really.. I'm not in sync with... umm.. business/school/whatever hours. Whenever an appointment comes up, it's a chore to self-kick my ass and be ready for it.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I'm definitely a night owl. I also often have trouble getting sleep so I like to sleep late.

I'm not a morning person either - my brain doesn't function properly for the first hour or 2 after I've woken up. Asking me questions, telling me things I'm supposed to remember or generally trying to have a conversation with me at such times will result in fragmented, nonsensical responses.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm definitely a night owl. I also often have trouble getting sleep so I like to sleep late.

I'm not a morning person either - my brain doesn't function properly for the first hour or 2 after I've woken up. Asking me questions, telling me things I'm supposed to remember or generally trying to have a conversation with me at such times will result in fragmented, nonsensical responses.
    Oh, man. Me, too. I am in a total fog for the first hour or so. It's frustrating sometimes because I like to sleep until the last possible minute, but when I'm working a job with normal people hours, I have to get up a bit earlier so my brain will start working like it's supposed to. I prefer to teach night classes, when I'm at my prime. It also allows me to keep the schedule I like best: staying up until 3 or 4, sleeping until noon or later.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

never. i have no internal clock. but i do smoke a lot of weed which makes me fall asleep earlier. all through high school i'd stay up til 3 or 4 in the morning, no matter what i did to try and fix it and get on a normal schedule, i'd always go back to being up all night.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I personally want to do one of the circadian rhythm tests with no outside sense of time and see what happens. I'm curious what pattern I would fall into.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

My rhythm is perfect for a world of 26-hour days. Now I been sleeping almost on the right time for a week or so. I think it's learned behavior for me. Once the only introvert moments for me were in the middle of the night...

An interesting thing about this shifting rhythm is that I seem to cope better sleep deprived than most people. Has anyone else noticed this?

MBTI
    INTP

No. I got a circadian rhythm disorder. And I can't shut off my brain when it's all quiet so I use white noise and an audio book to stop my mind from going in one million directions at once.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

My sleep pattern is totally normal.

Wait, it's normal to go to bed at 2am right?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

When I was younger, I was very particular about how I had to be sleeping, what could be touching me, etc... otherwise I couldn't fall asleep.

Nowadays the biggest thing I do it use a white noise machine or a fan -- if the house is silent, any little sound immediately grabs my attention. I also prefer it to be pitch black, but I can now handle a bit of light without much problem.

The typical issue with insomnia for me is not being able to make my mind shut up.

I also have trouble going to bed early.

Even with me dragging on my 4:30am wake-up time with my current job, I often don't go to bed until 12-1am. Not good. It's not like I don't want to go to bed, I just tend to not be tired at that point of night. When I feel like crashing, it's usually around mid-afternoon or 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    My sleep pattern is totally normal.
    Wait, it's normal to go to bed at 2am right?
    I dunno. Sounds kind of early.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

3-4 hours twice a day.
    i like naps.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken