User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTp

Post The thoughts of others

Have you ever thought about how little you know about other people? Ever your parents and best friends? Think for a moment how much goes on in your head, how many hopes and wishes and weird ideas you haven't told anyone. Then think about those people you think you know the most about... And how much difference there is between those two figures.

Hmm weird thought but interesting. What do you think?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, I've had that thought. There's a lot of things I don't tell other people, even family members so it makes me wonder if my family members are not holding things back from me.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP

Haha I was totally obsessed with that, but in a slightly different way.

I was thinking that my worries and preoccupations are so important to me, but so are the one's of the guy standing next to me, although they don't seem interesting to me they are to him. And every person, in every home, in the city, is thinking about something, is absorbed by something, and it feels so important. The thing you prioritize seems as important as the entire world, as if nobody's doing that...when in fact everybody's doing that.

We're so similar to one another yet we're so individualized, feeling pretty much unique. Just like snowflakes.

Yes, I often stop and think about how all our separate human consciousnesses are this giant web of interlacing thought and experiences.

In high school I would ride the bus home and think about what it would be like for me coming home and walking in my front door and how most of my classmates would be doing the same thing, but in a different mindset, in a different setting, with different parents, etc.

It really interests me to think about how complex my life is and how every other person on this planet has their own very complex life, sometimes completely separate from mine. And you think about, say, movie stars or famous politicians, and right now they are doing very human, very normal things. They're changing their toilet paper, cutting their toenails or throwing out an old bandaid. And it doesn't even have to be famous people. It could be that guy you held the door open for or the woman who tripped and fell down those icy stairs or that kid with his dad in line in front of you at the supermarket.

Anyway, yeah. I think about these things pretty often.

MBTI
    ENTP

It seems that bus rides make ENTPs imagine all sorts of scenarios about all sorts of stuff

Although it's incorrect to think that only Ne doms would do that...obviously

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah all the time...i sometimes entertain myself by imagining strangers that i see out and about in their everyday lives...i don't do it on purpose but i think about who they are at home..out of that uniform or not playing whatever part they're playing when i see them...or what if i was them in their body would i be me anymore...but interestingly enough i was actually thinking about this just today...i have some people in my life that feel like family and i feel very comfortable around them...but i haven't known them long and honestly don't know too much about them...i know details...but you know...just haven't been through many life experiences together or gotten super emotionally deep with them or whatever... but it's just a comfort thing...and i was thinking how odd that is.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by indy View Post
    Have you ever thought about how little you know about other people? Ever your parents and best friends? Think for a moment how much goes on in your head, how many hopes and wishes and weird ideas you haven't told anyone. Then think about those people you think you know the most about... And how much difference there is between those two figures.
    Hmm... I am divided on this. On one hand I find it extremely interesting that people have their different views to different things and I would like to spy their minds. But on the other hand, most of the people go home, make food, and sit in front of their tv set without thinking about anything. I was like that myself for a long time, just kinda autopiloting through day-to-day life, and it seems like the power to put people on the autopilot is one of the great strenghts of this culture. They make less noise. And then again, it gives me some perspective that I live with a bunch of people and it is quite obvious what their main concerns are. They are things I could easily imagine myself thinking about, so it doesn't seem too interesting to spy their heads. It would be interesting, though, to actually see how they go through those ideas.

MBTI
    INTJ

I try to remind myself of this every so often to keep my ego in check. I remind myself that I am rarely the smartest person in the room, and almost never the most interesting.