• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Drivers by Type

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
:rofl1: This is pretty funny. I've been in the passenger seat next to my sister before and she SPEEDS up during a yellow light and crosses before it turns red. However, when making a left hand turn without a signal- she is usually good about stopping, not wanting to run over pedestrians and all.

That's very kind of her.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm a passive aggressive driver: if you tailgate me, I will try getting to the right if I'm not already there and I will speed up a little if I realize I'm not going at least five MPH over the speed limit, but if you don't back off then, I will tap my brakes and eventually slow down to the speed limit or below. I'll go way below the speed limit if it's a no passing zone, just to be an ass.
:steam: :smile:

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
From experience, I'd say ISTP is the following:

Loves driving the most-My dad (ISTP), loves driving long distances, we've driven straight to Florida. (21hrs straight, only stopping for food and bathrooms), I love all driving (of anything).

Most likely to not obey rules...especially speed limits, and restrictions on passing.

Best driver (if the ISTP likes it enough to practice a bit).

Best with directions-Neither my dad or I ever need directions if we've ever been there before. Sort of an internal map in my head.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Best with directions-Neither my dad or I ever need directions if we've ever been there before. Sort of an internal map in my head.

Me too. I've always had an excellent sense of direction.

This question is for anyone who wants to answer it: which type is most likely to panic while lost?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Who's most likely to gun someone down while driving?

Maybe we can just throw an entire type away and end all this drive-by bullshit.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Who's most likely to gun someone down while driving? Maybe we can just throw an entire type away and end all this drive-by bullshit.

Are we talking about as a result of anger at someone for doing something (if someone cut you off, or if the bicyclist won't move out of the middle of the lane), or of the gang violence type of thing?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Does it matter? I'm seriously asking -- I don't know a whole lot about shooting people from my car. I mean... as much as its been in the news, you'd think I would right?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
What happened to my thread? I leave for a few moments and now we are killing people. :nice:

Othon

MBTI Type
INTP
What about most likely to stop at a green light because they didn't notice it was green?

I've done that plenty of times. x_~
However, I do like driving.
I speed a lot, so long as I don't get uncomfortably close to cars. I'm also hesitant to change lanes.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What about most likely to stop at a green light because they didn't notice it was green?

i think that is right up there with absent minded driving. I've done this A LOT. Or i go straight through a red light without realizing it was red.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP

Like SC, I've done this a few times, and have gone through red lights both because I didn't realize that the light was red, and that I didn't realize it was there at all (granted, generally when there were no other cars in the vicinity). I've also been honked at because I pulled out a book and started to read while waiting for a long red light and didn't notice it turning green. That move is surprisingly unpopular with other drivers :devil: .

Last edited:

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I always get away with the most I can without getting caught so I'm always on the lookout for cops. I pretty much always speed, but have never gotten a ticket (for multiple reasons). Normally aware of what is going on around me and I'm an excessive lane switcher. I -hate- getting boxed in by slow people.

and I love driving.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I always get away with the most I can without getting caught so I'm always on the lookout for cops. I pretty much always speed, but have never gotten a ticket (for multiple reasons). Normally aware of what is going on around me and I'm an excessive lane switcher. I -hate- getting boxed in by slow people.

and I love driving.

my boyfriend could have posted this. Except he likes to boast about how he is a superior driver.

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Love Driving - Hate Traffic so I avoid major roads as much as possible.
Skilled Driver - When I'm not off in my head and blowing through stop signs etc. Never been in an accident.
Car uses Premium - Otherwise it knocks, the blower requires high octane :tongue:
I use turn signals when I'm within a certain distance of other drivers, otherwise I can't be bothered.
I can't stand slow drivers, or following behind someone else so I will move if someone is coming up behind me faster.
I don't drive in the left lane if I can avoid it - Cops target that lane ;) I haven't had a ticket in over a decade :D
I like driving in the snow, hate the people who crawl along and take up both lanes and refuse to move over.
I dislike Traction control, ABS, and Stability control they ruin my fun :(
I've driven up to 22hrs straight before only stopping for gas etc.
I don't fully stop at a stop sign unless theres other cars around.
I drive 10 over the limit when I can. Unless I'm in the country then I drive way faster.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm also hesitant to change lanes.

I'm the opposite. I'm another one of those who'll cross the entire highway without straightening the wheel if there's enough space. On good days, I'll miss my exit waiting for a stretch like that to come up.

I really hate driving (one tally for the ENTPs) in case I haven't said that. It's not that I don't like going places...

Well actually it is. I don't like going places. I like BEING at places, but I very much dislike going there. At least in a car. It's boring. And people are annoying.

Because of my staunch opposition to driving itself, I can't bring myself to do it without having brought something along to do.

It's probably not interesting to hear that I'm usually eating when I drive; not chips... I have fucking meals. The most complex of these was a plate spaghetti. I'm working my way up to cereal. I'm sure you're wondering if I use both hands to eat. Yes, I do. And I steer. And weave through traffic. Nevermind a cell phone. I don't dick around with wimp moves like that.

If I'm not eating, I'm either doing su doku or a rubiks cube (some kind of Ti bullshit activity). The reason? If I don't have something to manipulate with my hands, I start to thinking at red lights. And I don't always notice when they turn green. And I don't always notice when the people behind me start honking. And I don't always notice when the light turns red again.

I'm usually struck by a tap at my window when the person behind me comes to make sure I'm not dead/in a coma.

But that's behavior ranging from main roads to cul de sacs. I haven't even started on highways yet.

When I get in the seat and turn the key, I start gearing up mentally (sometimes consciously... sometimes not) for what's about to come. I start theorizing. Obviously when I've got to get onto the interstate, I can't stop for a spot of tea or to play checkers against myself, and if I don't have anyone else with me to talk to, as boring as the highway is, I'll probably start to thinking, just like at the red light.

So for this reason, it's my usual plan to play games with the drivers around me. I'm easy to spot on the road. I'll be the one who cuts off the same guy 12 times in a row, and still make it look like a coincidence each time.

You'll also know it's me when there are no other cars around.

Or if you see me putting my left blinker on and then getting off at an exit, make your way over and pull off so you can catch up and give me a wave.

I once turned on my hazard lights and pulled in front of a MACK truck, and went 5 under the speed limit during heavy traffic. As I sat there laughing as the stretch of pavement between me and the car in front of me quickly widened, I couldn't help thinking I might be holding up a delivery of toaster strudels to Giant or something.

I changed my mind. I do like driving.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I imagine how much a person likes driving also heavily depends on their environment. If I lived in a small town, I probably wouldn't care about driving at all...but I find the Houston freeways significantly more exciting (barring stop and go traffic).