User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 93

Thread: Drivers by Type

  1. #81
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    When I drive with passengers, I'm content to go with the flow of the traffic. I'm aggressive when I'm driving alone. Really aggressive. I rarely miss a chance to break through an AARP blockade.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  2. #82
    Large Member Ender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    That's quite fucking awesome.

    I wonder if I can get one of those with a manual transmission.
    If you listen to it, the kart is a shifter cart, they have a manual transmission that needs to be shifted. They're also capable of 120mph easy and 0-60 is less then 3seconds.

    Taking it on the highway like that is retarded tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

    I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

    Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

  3. #83
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    If you listen to it, the kart is a shifter cart, they have a manual transmission that needs to be shifted. They're also capable of 120mph easy and 0-60 is less then 3seconds.

    Taking it on the highway like that is retarded tho.
    I'm sure it was fun, smoking that asshole in the corrola. What n00b.
    we fukin won boys

  4. #84

    Default

    I HATE driving. I didn't used to, but I do now.

    I'm not the best driver in the world, and I'm not the worst. But there are just too many people out there who think of driving as something other than a way to get from here to there, and that's dangerous. Like these characters:

    - The driver whose daily appointments are obviously more important than yours, because he weaves in and out of traffic at incredible speeds and gives you the finger if you're driving less than 15 MPH above the speed limit.

    - The driver who thinks that their car comes with a certificate granting them the right of way in all situations. This driver comes in two varieties - the "my car costs at least $50,000" variety and the "I drive a dang ol' big truck" variety.

    - The driver who either slows down or speeds up to prevent you from merging into his lane. Really? Why don't you just go throw wadded up paper at the backs of people's heads in class? It's less dangerous.

    - The motorcyclist who rides between lanes in heavy traffic (the fact that this is legal is possibly the most egregious abuse of public safety I've ever seen).

    - The person who weaves, tailgates, cuts people off, speeds and talks on the phone while driving; and then says it's okay because "I'm aware and I'm a really skilled driver." As if to say that the rest of us are playing bumper cars. Did the DMV start issuing "Extra Good Driver" licenses that allow people to be reckless? I must have missed it.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  5. #85
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    I didn't think so many people hated driving. It's no wonder though. They hate it because everyone around them hates it, resulting in a domino effect of all those people are looking out for the other assholes.
    we fukin won boys

  6. #86
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I didn't think so many people hated driving. It's no wonder though. They hate it because everyone around them hates it, resulting in a domino effect of all those people are looking out for the other assholes.
    Sounds just like life.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  7. #87
    Senior Member ArbiterDewey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    310

    Exclamation

    Driving: the loading screen of life.

    In my experience, the worst driver I've ever encountered was an ENTP... :horor: This asshole would not stop talking. He'd never use blinkers, failed to look out his side window/mirrors, and you could sense that he lacked confidence in his driving. It was horrible. I felt as though I needed a second brake on the passenger side.

    His constant speaking didn't allow his brain to take in what was necessary to, if nothing else, drive safely. If I were him I'd pay attention at least for his kid's sake.

    Never again.
    Last edited by ArbiterDewey; 02-23-2008 at 03:45 AM.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

    Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

  8. #88
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    The worse drivers I've seen are NT's hands down. Either they are incredibly distracted to the point of being dangerous and inept at the manual/physical functions of driving or they are over aggressive and over confident -- speed, tailgate, drive under the influence, etc. Rules of the road are mostly suggestions.

    Seriously, I've seen people drive with their elbows and use the steering wheel as a writing pad to jot notes while using a cel. phone. My overachieving Yalie friend got busted going 100 mph in a 65 zone but she said "it was okay because the highway was straight" and she wanted me to "check your mirrors" to see if any cars were coming behind us so she could drive over 6 lanes to the right turn lane -- from the left turn lane. And we were already at the stop light. I didn't even look and told her 'no'.

    Bad drivers are divided into 2 camps.

    1) Those that know they are bad drivers. The honest minority.

    2) And those who think everyone else is a bad driver. These are the truly dangerous folks. And the majority.

    As a 'field officer' with a company fleet car and company insurance, I got routine 'good driver' tests and educational materials. They would play horrific live footage of accidents at our regional meetigns right before ending to scare us into driving well on our way home. Most people are not good drivers. Everyone has bad, even criminal habits.

    If you think you are one of the better drivers on the road, it's more than likely that you are not.

    This is especially true of you guys out there.

  9. #89
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I'm sure it was fun, smoking that asshole in the corrola. What n00b.
    Indeed! I knew you guys would like the video. Even my brother liked it and he hates vehicles with a passion.

  10. #90
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    The worse drivers I've seen are NT's hands down. Either they are incredibly distracted to the point of being dangerous and inept at the manual/physical functions of driving or they are over aggressive and over confident -- speed, tailgate, drive under the influence, etc. Rules of the road are mostly suggestions.

    Seriously, I've seen people drive with their elbows and use the steering wheel as a writing pad to jot notes while using a cel. phone. My overachieving Yalie friend got busted going 100 mph in a 65 zone but she said "it was okay because the highway was straight" and she wanted me to "check your mirrors" to see if any cars were coming behind us so she could drive over 6 lanes to the right turn lane -- from the left turn lane. And we were already at the stop light. I didn't even look and told her 'no'.

    Bad drivers are divided into 2 camps.

    1) Those that know they are bad drivers. The honest minority.

    2) And those who think everyone else is a bad driver. These are the truly dangerous folks. And the majority.

    As a 'field officer' with a company fleet car and company insurance, I got routine 'good driver' tests and educational materials. They would play horrific live footage of accidents at our regional meetigns right before ending to scare us into driving well on our way home. Most people are not good drivers. Everyone has bad, even criminal habits.

    If you think you are one of the better drivers on the road, it's more than likely that you are not.

    This is especially true of you guys out there.
    Unfortunately you are correct. However, I have noticed that many female drivers are now engaging in many of the same petty behaviors (racing from lights, not letting others merge, cutting others off as retribution, etc.) that male drivers are known for.

Similar Threads

  1. Aptitude breakdowns by type (SAT, IQ, ACT)
    By meanlittlechimp in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 12:42 AM
  2. Musical artist by type
    By Il Morto Qui Parla in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 08:50 PM
  3. Animals by Type
    By istpunk in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 01:42 AM
  4. Living Situations by Type
    By FFF in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 04:20 PM
  5. life goal descriptions by type
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 03:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO