• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Drivers by Type

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah I think the thread was intended (or at least morphed) to have a humorous timbre. I doubt this is supposed to be considered "good science" so getting stopped up by proper theory... eh do what you want.

I think it's rather obvious that liking driving would be up to environment though.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well actually it is. I don't like going places. I like BEING at places, but I very much dislike going there. At least in a car. It's boring.
Abso-freakin'-lutely. I was so goddamned sickened by the amount of car hype we had in our school in our 17's, I became anti-car. People saw cars as a kind of a luxury items at that time and age, something which I thought was just silly. I thought every family could afford to have cars if they so wished. I thought that "freedom" was more dependent on living on your own anyway, and "fun" on being able to buy alcohol.

I avoid having to make longer trips than 15 minutes, no matter what the vehicle.. it has to be something freakishly interesting to get my butt moving from my comfy chair for a ride longer than that. (And I do exercise and run regularly.) Sure as hell no-one won't find me doing 1hr trips to the supermarket out of town to save 3 cents in beer expenses. When I go somewhere other than work (about 6 times a week), I try to combine many purposes to the single trip. (I go for grocery shopping just around the block to the nearest grocery store, so that doesn't count).

I try use bicycle whenever I can to make trips interesting.. actually, I take a bicycle for exercise and some fun rides in the summer. I like to use the public transport and take a book with me or something.

I've been such an anti-car fanatic I've refused to get a driver's licence yet. I think I'm becoming more moderate now .. people hyping less about cars is helping it, so I don't feel the need to be such a resistance warrior anymore.

In case you wonder, my life's been easier without a car. Helsinki, although just with half million residents, is like New York in the regard that you do just well without a car (or so they say). Coming from a bar downtown, couldn't use my own car anyway.

Now that the environmentalism is taking off, think I'll buy a car eventually.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Safest driver ISFx - ISFj, then ISFp.

- Most-dangerous driver ENTj - not me, but some other ENTjs definitely are. ISTps are dangerous too but they know what they are doing.

- Most absent minded driver- All F's

- Most skillful driver - ISTp

- Least skillfull driver- NFs

- Loves driving the most- ISTp, ISTj

- Hates driving the most - ISFj

- Doesn't care about being able to drive- ENTp, ESFp

-Most likely to drive with a cell-phone in hand - Every extravert

-Most likely to drive uninsured - Every type except ISxj

-Most likely to be insured - ISxj :D

-Most likely to hit-and-run- ESTp

-Most likely to stop to help someone with a flat tire - Most types

- Most likely to slow down when unsure- IXFjs

-Most likely to speed up when unsure - ESTp, ENTj, ISTp

- Most likely to cut across three lanes of traffic at once - ESTp, ENTj, ENTp, ISTp

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Oh, and people seeing getting a driver's licence as some kind of an "accomplishment" in my youth was just beyond my comprehension :shock:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
It took probably 6 or 7 years but now I view driving and cars as tools, not ends to themselves. Now that I know I am going to hate my daily commute it doesn't bother me anymore.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
..... I'm always on the lookout for cops. I pretty much always speed, but have never gotten a ticket (for multiple reasons).

Same here. Although, now that I post this..sigh..hopefully this trend will continue. ;)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Same here. Although, now that I post this..sigh..hopefully this trend will continue. ;)

Don't let superstition overun logic. Your posting won't effect your ability to avoid tickets unless you let it do so subconsiously.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, no superstition here. Just a little smile in the back of my mind that it would be ironic if I suddenly got a ticket in the next day or two. :) My behaviors aren't gonna change at all though.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
radar detector- a girl's best friend :wubbie: (other than wax :rofl1:)

I'm the crazy driver your mother warned you about ;) I weave in and out of traffic, speed, yell at other drivers and take off when the light turns green like it's the Indy 500- the only accident I've ever been in was when someone else ran a red light and smashed my car as I was legally turning left :dry: I'm observant- I know what's going on in traffic, so it's not like I'm driving dangerously per se- just driving rather bat out of hellishly. I love to drive and think that it's a lot of fun, kind of a challenge- me versus the other drivers! :wubbie:

and yes- I slow down to about 20 mph in no passing zones if someone's tailing me... then I speed up to where they can't pass me once we hit a passing zone :devil: it's fun

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
and yes- I slow down to about 20 mph in no passing zones if someone's tailing me... then I speed up to where they can't pass me once we hit a passing zone :devil: it's fun

People like you are the ones that make me glad my car can out run most others even if it looks like something your grandfather would drive :tongue:

that or make me wish for a push bar like on the cop cars :D

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
radar detector- a girl's best friend :wubbie: (other than wax :rofl1:)

I'm the crazy driver your mother warned you about ;) I weave in and out of traffic, speed, yell at other drivers and take off when the light turns green like it's the Indy 500- the only accident I've ever been in was when someone else ran a red light and smashed my car as I was legally turning left :dry: I'm observant- I know what's going on in traffic, so it's not like I'm driving dangerously per se- just driving rather bat out of hellishly. I love to drive and think that it's a lot of fun, kind of a challenge- me versus the other drivers! :wubbie:

Not me.

I love speed more than anyone I know but I don't play games and I don't screw with people. It's just not right.

For the most part as long as my fellow motorist don't clog the left lane and aren't outright rude I am happy pup.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
i think that is right up there with absent minded driving. I've done this A LOT. Or i go straight through a red light without realizing it was red.
I've sat at stop signs waiting for the light to change. :doh:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
People like you are the ones that make me glad my car can out run most others even if it looks like something your grandfather would drive :tongue:

that or make me wish for a push bar like on the cop cars :D

Ditto. My car doesn't have a blower but when its in the right gear at around 3000 rpms I can pass almost anyone. Nevertheless I try to keep a cool head as its been my experience that someone else always retaliates against the idiots.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Abso-freakin'-lutely. I was so goddamned sickened by the amount of car hype we had in our school in our 17's, I became anti-car. People saw cars as a kind of a luxury items at that time and age, something which I thought was just silly. I thought every family could afford to have cars if they so wished. I thought that "freedom" was more dependent on living on your own anyway, and "fun" on being able to buy alcohol.

I avoid having to make longer trips than 15 minutes, no matter what the vehicle..
Well, if someone gave me a hovercraft, I'd probably never be home. That or a gokart/motocycle. If I had a gokart I'd put on a red hat make some paper machete turtle shells and throw them at the other cars hoping they'd go flying in the air or start spinning around or something.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Well, if someone gave me a hovercraft, I'd probably never be home. That or a gokart/motocycle. If I had a gokart I'd put on a red hat make some paper machete turtle shells and throw them at the other cars hoping they'd go flying in the air or start spinning around or something.

Watch this: YouTube - One Hell Of A Fast Go-kart

Not quite Mario Kart but very cool nonetheless.