User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Drivers by Type

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

- Safest driver ISxJ- they're cautious to the point of annoying me (my mom is an ISFJ, she warned me about the crazy people out there on the road, but eventually realized that she was warning me about myself )

- Most-dangerous driver - INFPs- I'm even terrified to ride with my INFP friends! they're so out of it most of the time that they fail to notice that they're on a road

- Most absent minded driver- xNFPs (see above)

- Most skillful driver - STPs

- Least skillfull driver- not sure! someone klutzy- probably an N!

- Loves driving the most- totally depends on the person- I LOVE to drive, but so does my INTP dad

- Hates driving the most xSFJs- they're convinced that they'll die while driving because of a wreck or something (the ones I know anyways)

- Doesn't care about being able to drive- ESFPs- those who I know are perfectly happy to have someone else drive them around! (and they're good at getting other people to drive them around!)

-Most likely to drive with a cell-phone in hand - def. ExFx!

-Most likely to have fuzzy dice/tchotchkes hanging from rear-view mirror - ExxP who likes all things tacky!

-Most likely to drive uninsured - xxxP (not completely sure othewise! )

-Most likely to be insured - ISTJ

-Most likely to leave a note after dinging people in a parking lot- xSFJs

-Most likely to hit-and-run- on purpose? ISTP, by accident? ExFx on a cell phone, and never even notice? INTP

-Most likely to stop to help someone with a flat tire - an SJ probably- the ones I grew up around were good about that!

- Most likely to buy premium gas - ESTJs

- Most likely to slow down when unsure- IXFJs

-Most likely to speed up when unsure - STPs

- Most likely to cut across three lanes of traffic at once EXTP

- Most likely to drive a horse and buggy - an Amish person?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    I absolutely love driving. Been driving for about 17 years now, never had an accident, never got a ticket, maybe I am just a lucky airhead, but I think I am a pretty okay driver. I drive every chance I get, and don't usually lose it at the shitty drivers here in New York.

Although in Michigan this past weekend, those people very rarely turn on their signals to merge and it is highly annoying, along with flashing red lights at the majority of the traffic lights. What the hell is that about? The only time that happens in NY is when there is a power outage and the light goes to the default standby of "HEY, be careful, I'm not working properly", but in Michigan I guess they do it on purpose.
    That's good to hear. I'm also a NY driver, albeit with much less experience than you. I used to be a hellion behind the wheel but I wised up and slowed down. The only thing that still aggavates me is when I'm for example 287 or I95 following the traffic in the left lane and someone cuts me off going about half the speed as those I was following.

MBTI
    xNTP

BTW, good answers from everyone. Thanks.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Ive been told im the most aggressive driver of all my friends. Ill even tail a cop about 30 feet behind him whos going 70 cause hell get me through the traffic...

I drive a big 91 ford explorer, and if some grandma is infront of me whos going like 30 miles under the speed limit and I cant get around them. I tail them from about a foot away with my hand on the horn utnil they either speed up, move or have a heart attack.

I love my horn
    SDMF

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think we should divide Most Dangerous Driver into three sections:

Most dangerous driver who knows what he/she is doing: ISTP

Most dangerous driver who does not know what he/she is doing: INFP

Most reckless driver: ESTP

I try to think of questions 1 and 3 as Robbie Knievel versus Evil Knievel.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Most reckless driver: ESTP
    probably true- my friends say I drive like a getaway car driver
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm a passive aggressive driver: if you tailgate me, I will try getting to the right if I'm not already there and I will speed up a little if I realize I'm not going at least five MPH over the speed limit, but if you don't back off then, I will tap my brakes and eventually slow down to the speed limit or below. I'll go way below the speed limit if it's a no passing zone, just to be an ass.

I am not particularly aware of my surroundings and I do not have the best reflexes in the world and I often have kids along, so I am somewhat cautious, and still I have had several accidents. I am *not* going to drive like a bat out of hell in order to get you to the stop light five seconds sooner. Sorry.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm a passive aggressive driver: if you tailgate me, I will try getting to the right if I'm not already there and I will speed up a little if I realize I'm not going at least five MPH over the speed limit, but if you don't back off then, I will tap my brakes and eventually slow down to the speed limit or below. I'll go way below the speed limit if it's a no passing zone, just to be an ass.
    I do the slowing-down thing on rare occasions, when the jack*ss behind me is just tailing me too much and I can't get over to the right lane for him to pass, or there isn't a lane to get over into. I can't stand being tailgated, esp. since it's not like I drive that slow anyway; I'm always 5-10mph over the limit, in a 30-45mph zone, and sometimes higher in the higher zones. And sorry, if someone is just in such a hurry that he has to go 20-25mph over the limit, that's just obnoxious and I'll sometimes punish them from being able to do it. haha.

I like driving, and don't think I'm a bad driver per se, and I also think I'm a defensive driver - just paying attention to who's behind me, who's next to me, being on alert for other drivers who might not be paying attention and might swerve into ME..etc...but on occasion I'll zone out and then 10 minutes later won't exactly remember where I'd just been driving. Fortunately my eyes seem to work on their own even though mentally I'm in la-la-land and am 'seeing' other things?

My mom, though - an ISTJ with a good dose of general anxiety - has always made me nervous, and a lot of it is that she's simply not a confident driver. This shows, and she's very tense while driving, and tends to make sudden movements - just suddenly put the brakes on, etc. Not a smooth driver at all. She also rarely goes over the speed limit, and sometimes drives a bit under it..but I do think it's due to her lack of confidence in her abilities.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Most likely to honk the horn at the person in front of them the second the light turns green: ENTJ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I do the slowing-down thing on rare occasions, when the jack*ss behind me is just tailing me too much and I can't get over to the right lane for him to pass, or there isn't a lane to get over into. I can't stand being tailgated, esp. since it's not like I drive that slow anyway; I'm always 5-10 mph over the limit, in a 30-45mph zone, and sometimes higher in the higher zones. And sorry, if someone is just in such a hurry that he has to go 20-25mph over the limit, that's just obnoxious and I'll sometimes punish them from being able to do it. haha.
    Yep, I'm usually driving 5-15 mph over the limit, too, so I don't think it's unreasonable for people to stay a safe distance behind me. It's so distracting to me to have someone that close back there that I naturally slow down. Then I start to get annoyed.

I like driving, and don't think I'm a bad driver per se, and I also think I'm a defensive driver - just paying attention to who's behind me, who's next to me, being on alert for other drivers who might not be paying attention and might swerve into ME..etc...but on occasion I'll zone out and then 10 minutes later won't exactly remember where I'd just been driving. Fortunately my eyes seem to work on their own even though mentally I'm in la-la-land and am 'seeing' other things?
    Both my husband I are likely to accidentally go where we habitually drive without noticing we are doing it. We call it 'getting on our railroad tracks.'

My mom, though - an ISTJ with a good dose of general anxiety - has always made me nervous, and a lot of it is that she's simply not a confident driver. This shows, and she's very tense while driving, and tends to make sudden movements - just suddenly put the brakes on, etc. Not a smooth driver at all. She also rarely goes over the speed limit, and sometimes drives a bit under it..but I do think it's due to her lack of confidence in her abilities.
    If I'm someplace familiar or clearly marked, I do okay. It's when I am lost and flustered that I have problems. At home, I take the back roads just about every time because I hate traffic.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers