User Tag List

123 Last

ThatGirl

Default The Power of Accusation

I have been thinking about this a lot lately.

There is one thing I HATE, and that is when people accuse you of something without trying to figure out the answer to completion first.

It comes from an idea, wanting to bring something to light, but is rarely back by factual evidence. This is why the accusation happens, and not the counter measure.

If you knew something for a fact, you wouldn't need to convince others through lengthy campaigns, it would be self evident in fact.

But there is a power behind the sheer effort to accuse.

For one it tarnishes a preexisting stature. Two it instantly puts you in the offensive position asking others to comply to your ideas. Both of which do not sit well with an 8.

Even if the accusation is false, it only serves to create doubt unless extinguished completely, and since they are most often based on subjective interpretations, this is not so easy the case.

For as much as someone can prove one perspective in theory, the opposite is also true...depending on how you look at it.

So accusation creates the false dynamic, and this leads to irrelevant consequences. This is where peoples minds get muddied by the lack of truth, and that leads to an entire world of confusion.

If this did not exist, or people took more responsibility for the things they create, a lot more people would find peace, and express themselves more openly and without fear.

It is a shame.

I think you should try writing down everything you think and organizing it by subject. Then go through and separate your beliefs from your thoughts. Then rewrite it in essay form. Then take that essay and go through and substitute as many polysyllabic words with their definitions as you possibly can. Rewrite for clarity. Does it still make sense to you? to others?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

ThatGirl

Even that post didn't make sense....

ThatGirl

As a fore thought, I would also like to point out that guilt is the main contributing factor to the perception of false accusation....another point that should not be ignored.

But this is due to the fact that one may misinterpret conversation for accusation, two very different things.

TG, I was hoping the method I described above would help you turn the gibberish you normally post into something that people can understand. I don't think you're stupid, although plenty of people think you're completely full of shit, I just think you're disorganized.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    TG, I was hoping the method I described above would help you turn the gibberish you normally post into something that people can understand. I don't think you're stupid, although plenty of people think you're completely full of shit, I just think you're disorganized.
    What TG wrote made perfect sense - if you are either competent or willing to listen.

I wasn't referring to this post, nor did I ever imply such a thing in any post in this thread. If you are competent and willing to see the bigger picture here, you would've noticed that TG makes many threads that die almost instantly. I feel free to use these dead threads as a form of private message to give advice on other topics I would generally not bring up in vent(no matter how unwanted the advice may be). Thanks for trying though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    I wasn't referring to this post, nor did I ever imply such a thing in any post in this thread. If you are competent and willing to see the bigger picture here, you would've noticed that TG makes many threads that die almost instantly. I feel free to use these dead threads as a form of private message to give advice on other topics I would generally not bring up in vent(no matter how unwanted the advice may be). Thanks for trying though.
    1) You stated that TGs posts are normally illegible. The above post is not illegible and therefore you have decided to drag in your own personal issues into a thread unnecessarily. What you will now state your motivation to be is irrelevant because it is done.
    2) Your views on the popularity of TG's threads are your own and do not impact the technical quality of the thread. If you have a personal problem with TG then you should attempt to deal with that in a private capacity not to attack other users in a public forum to shame them.
    3) A 3 hour old thread is not a dead thread.

Welcome back on topic.

The Power of Accusation

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^Not illegible but certainly incoherent and poorly expressed. I think you suffer from some of the same problems in communication, though not quite to the same extent. Perhaps it's an INTJ thing...
    I think LdM offered some very sound advice that she would do well to follow. As it is the OP is pretty rambling and unhelpful. What is her point? What feedback is she looking for? It might do as a rant/blog entry but as an OP it is pretty poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    ^Not illegible but certainly incoherent and poorly expressed. I think you suffer from some of the same problems in communication, though not quite to the same extent. Perhaps it's an INTJ thing...
    I think LdM offered some very sound advice that she would do well to follow. As it is the OP is pretty rambling and unhelpful. What is her point? What feedback is she looking for? It might do as a rant/blog entry but as an OP it is pretty poor.
    That's odd because the OPs justification for making this post when he brought it up to me earlier had virtually nothing to do with the quality of the post. As I said, the post was quite legible if you are either competent or willing to invest the time to listen. He entered belligerently because he saw a name on a post, he was never here to discuss the topic at all.

The topic is 'The Power of Accusation'. This is a forum, a place for public debate; she has opened by telling us what she thinks about that, but it also gives us all a prompt to bring our own ideas to the table; a blog would not allow this in the full capacity that a thread does. Not every OP has to be a direct question or a call for opinion or need have perfect diction. I fear that a lack of tolerance to such would block out worthwhile ideas especially from people who might have the most relevant things to say.

This is an important topic because many people operate under an informal 'Guilty until Proven Innocent' method, mainly when told so either by a close friend or by following a group opinion and they are unwilling to give others the chance to speak fairly or to deal with each of their individual contributions with the merit that they so deserve.

An impromptu accusation often either stops that person contributing or spreads a thick jam of discord against a user because some people will pick it up without considering the full ramifications of that and the evidence that would collate to form a personal belief (see above). In effect an unfounded accusation is a personal attack hidden away and sometimes the impact doesn't necessarily make sense even to the accuser.

Personal Opinion: However, because there has not been a deliberate or direct personal attack the admins and moderators simply will not deal with the problem with the respect that it deserves. Brushed under the carpet via. what some would claim is 'common sense' when in fact 'common sense' would be not to accuse others at all; although as we know 'common sense' also allows a certain leeway in heated discussion. In my view it is clearly defamation and no-one has a larger right to an opinion regarding that than the OP.