User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

I think what the OP is trying to say is when you're trying to talk/argue/try to get a point across to an opposite party, they make comments about you that is completely irrelevant to the suggested topic.

For example, you're talking about a maths equation that you perceive to know the answer to, but another person disagrees. In his defense, he attacks with a negative comment (ie, 'you're gay') to justify his answer - which of course does not make any contribution at all.

Yes, I do agree that it is annoying. I don't know how I should react, because he supposedly uses the words with a connotation for insult. You see, I can't deny that either, because I do associate with what the person said (eg, stupid, weak, gay, and other words that they use with an offense in their minds) - but I don't agree with the, I guess, 'motif' behind it.

And it's as if you're torn between two sides - whether to say yes, or no.

It's honestly laughable - it's so weak and stupid. What I think the OP is trying to say is that this is what a lot of people do - and it's foolish and immature.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    I think you should try writing down everything you think and organizing it by subject. Then go through and separate your beliefs from your thoughts. Then rewrite it in essay form. Then take that essay and go through and substitute as many polysyllabic words with their definitions as you possibly can. Rewrite for clarity. Does it still make sense to you? to others?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Even that post didn't make sense....
    TG, I was hoping the method I described above would help you turn the gibberish you normally post into something that people can understand. I don't think you're stupid, although plenty of people think you're completely full of shit, I just think you're disorganized.
    Lol, blind leading the blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    ^^You're a riot. You haven't said anything AT ALL on topic. I've provided germane references which you are just ignoring.

Both you and TG are using this thread to bitch about forum politics under the guise of discussing the broader subject. Stop being such a bloody hypocrite.
    Wrong

Which I would have rather not shown, since it instantly takes the mind to one understanding and debates one specific topic, rather than the idea behind it.

As a fore thought, I would also like to point out that guilt is the main contributing factor to the perception of false accusation....another point that should not be ignored.

But this is due to the fact that one may misinterpret conversation for accusation, two very different things.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Awesome thread made me laugh.

This thread is ironically going off-topic while being on-topic at the same time.

You're in effect not ruining the thread at all per usual squabbeling. Well done, noobs, way to indirectly stay on topic. Sometimes trolling a board is more work than pretending to simply be retarded.
    Last edited by highlander; 01-17-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Removed Offensive Comment

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I have been thinking about this a lot lately.

There is one thing I HATE, and that is when people accuse you of something without trying to figure out the answer to completion first.

It comes from an idea, wanting to bring something to light, but is rarely back by factual evidence. This is why the accusation happens, and not the counter measure.

If you knew something for a fact, you wouldn't need to convince others through lengthy campaigns, it would be self evident in fact.

But there is a power behind the sheer effort to accuse.

For one it tarnishes a preexisting stature. Two it instantly puts you in the offensive position asking others to comply to your ideas. Both of which do not sit well with an 8.

Even if the accusation is false, it only serves to create doubt unless extinguished completely, and since they are most often based on subjective interpretations, this is not so easy the case.

For as much as someone can prove one perspective in theory, the opposite is also true...depending on how you look at it.

So accusation creates the false dynamic, and this leads to irrelevant consequences. This is where peoples minds get muddied by the lack of truth, and that leads to an entire world of confusion.

If this did not exist, or people took more responsibility for the things they create, a lot more people would find peace, and express themselves more openly and without fear.

It is a shame.
    I believe I understand what you are saying and that this is reasonably clear but to make certain, ThatGirl, can you provide an example of a scenario where this has happened?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think you should try writing down everything you think and organizing it by subject. Then go through and separate your beliefs from your thoughts. Then rewrite it in essay form. Then take that essay and go through and substitute as many polysyllabic words with their definitions as you possibly can. Rewrite for clarity. Does it still make sense to you? to others?
    TG, I was hoping the method I described above would help you turn the gibberish you normally post into something that people can understand. I don't think you're stupid, although plenty of people think you're completely full of shit, I just think you're disorganized.
    LEGERdeMAIN, I'm sure you're trying to help and I'm sure what you are saying makes perfect sense to you but I don't understand what you are saying - that is with regards to how to organize what you write. Is that a suggestion specific to what you see in TG's writing or is it how you recommend people organize their thoughts and get them down on paper in general? I'm not saying it's wrong or bad or anything of the sort. I just haven't ever seen anything like that.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

ThatGirl

Just look at the legal system. You see it all the time.

Once someone makes an accusation whether true or false, it automatically associates someone with the issue. Even if it wasn't there to begin with.

Look at rape accusations. Which are so open to subjective interpretation they cause a whole investigation into the situation, based on popular theory.

There is power behind it. If a woman accuses a man of rape, whether the charges stick or not, that person will always be associated as a possible sex offender.

So even if the end result isn't achieved, the lasting effects of the accusation can be just as detrimental.

There is power in the hand of the accuser. Like I said, just look at the legal system, though this dynamic can be observed anywhere, even in the irony of this thread.

Idk, I guess it just pisses me off that people accuse then investigate, rather than investigate then accuse. Its fascinating.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You're being incredibly naive. Why would anyone deliberately relinquish that kind of power? Most people aren't interested in justice, they just want to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

In order to arrest a perp, a criminal investigation has already happened. The question would be how to interpret data and how circumstantial the evidence. There are many, many more guilty parties set free due to technicalities or insufficient evidence, than innocent perps being falsely accused.

I don't know one human being who hasn't drawn an inaccurate conclusion, so it's kind of hypocritical to complain about it unless a person has perfect judgment. This doesn't mean you shouldn't complain about a specific incident of inaccurate conclusion. It means that the same lens should be applied internally, rather than purely externally. You might be surprised at what you find within.

ThatGirl

Eh, I've had my share of power. If there is one thing that I have learned is that it needs to constantly be maintained, that the effects aren't as ideal as they may seem, and that in the end you only fuck yourself by fucking your environment.

I guess I just see it far easier and more effective to focus on things that are more substantial by promoting your cause through the state of your environment.

I know, that sounds lame.