• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

PMAI Archetypes

Sunny Ghost

Sage and Fool. Not cool.
:laugh: i think that's very cool, actually! best of both worlds.

Really?! THAT'S flattering :doh:

You are the Fool
71% Innocent, 21% Orphan, 71% Warrior, 88% Caregiver, 71% Seeker, 88% Lover, 67% Destroyer, 71% Creator, 72% Magician, 75% Ruler, 75% Sage and 92% Fool!

***Goal: Enjoyment

Fear: Nonaliveness

Response to Dragon/Problem: Play tricks on it

Task: Trust in the process

Gift: Joy, freedom

Addictions: Excitement, cocaine, alcohol

The Fool is the archetype most helpful in dealing with the absurdities of the modern world and with faceless, amorphous modern bureaucracies– places where no one takes personal responsibility, rules are expected to be followed mo matter how absurd they might be, and the tables are incredibly stacked against individual effectiveness. A Jester does not merely provide entertainment, but also points out the failings of the kingdom to a wise Ruler. Thus, Fools are often the most serious archetype of all. The Fool often violates social norms in humourous ways to avoid provoking undue hostility.

A Fool’s politics are anarchistic. Fools are resilient, and are willing to stand up and try again despite failing. The Fool enjoys the contest of the wits even in the most dangerous or offensive of circumstances, and hates being bored.

Shadow Fool:

When such energy is not allowed, it simply goes underground, and in doing so becomes negative, undermining force. The Shadow Fool delights in breaking rules, regardless of the consequences. Unbridled and undisciplined sensuality, madness, and multiple personalities or personas are usually the results of the force of the Shadow Fool. The Shadow Fool has an unrealistic vision of what is required for survival, emotions, and relationships and believes that in order to succeed at conventional norms, one must work all of the time, so there is no use in undertaking any conventional task.
lots of great attributes to being the fool.

Actually it makes sense, apparently. Sage and Fool would be complementary attitudes to balance one another like Creator and Destroyer.
look at you, learnin' stuff. :thumbup:

i missed what my complementary would be...:thinking:

Sage makes me think of an owl. Owls are not cool.
GreenOwl.jpg
i love owls. :sadbanana:
i even have a lil owl tattoo.

owls are like the unholy offspring of a cat and a hawk... they make me giggle! :cheese:
more than owls, i love cats! and hawks are bad-a! :dry:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Did this test very quickly ;) My results:

You are the Magician.
54% Innocent, 46% Orphan, 79% Warrior, 58% Caregiver, 67% Seeker, 54% Lover, 58% Destroyer, 83% Creator, 88% Magician, 75% Ruler, 83% Sage and 58% Fool!

Goal: Transformation

Fear: Evil sorcery

Response to Dragon/Problem: Transform it

Task: Align self with cosmos

Gift: Personal power

Addictions: Power, hallucinogenic or mind-altering drugs

Magicians are intuitive to the point that they know things that they did not know they could know. The Magician sees the sacred as something immanent in us, nature, society, the earth, and the cosmos. Thus the Magician provides as sense of connectedness wit the whole and an understanding that what within us contains all that is outside ourselves. Magicians can align the body, mind and soul around a commitment to really let go of a pattern. In healing the self, the Magician learns how to heal others.

Shadow Magician:

If a Magician internalizes either’s voices and listen to the abusive voices in our own heads, we become subject to the Shadow Magician. By denying the power to heal and transform, a Shadow Magician is born. A Shadow Magician tends to act out in hostile and harmful ways, judging people harshly and making people feel like less than they are.

Shadow Magicians use their charisma to control others. A Shadow Magician, though able to see and understand so much, chooses to deny the truth and avoid dealing with the matter before and in him/her.

Shadow Magicians depend on Shadow Orphans as targets.

Jaguar

You are the Magician

54% Innocent, 29% Orphan, 63% Warrior, 58% Caregiver, 58% Seeker, 67% Lover, 58% Destroyer, 71% Creator, 88% Magician, 75% Ruler, 71% Sage and 71% Fool!

Goal: Transformation

Fear: Evil sorcery

Response to Dragon/Problem: Transform it

Task: Align self with cosmos

Gift: Personal power

Addictions: Power, hallucinogenic or mind-altering drugs

Magicians are intuitive to the point that they know things that they did not know they could know. The Magician sees the sacred as something immanent in us, nature, society, the earth, and the cosmos. Thus the Magician provides as sense of connectedness wit the whole and an understanding that what within us contains all that is outside ourselves. Magicians can align the body, mind and soul around a commitment to really let go of a pattern. In healing the self, the Magician learns how to heal others.

Shadow Magician:

If a Magician internalizes either’s voices and listen to the abusive voices in our own heads, we become subject to the Shadow Magician. By denying the power to heal and transform, a Shadow Magician is born. A Shadow Magician tends to act out in hostile and harmful ways, judging people harshly and making people feel like less than they are.

Shadow Magicians use their charisma to control others. A Shadow Magician, though able to see and understand so much, chooses to deny the truth and avoid dealing with the matter before and in him/her.

Shadow Magicians depend on Shadow Orphans as targets.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Or
Owls-Wings=Turtles

Or maybe they sit still all the time that's why I think they look the same. That must be it.

wolfy

awsm
I always get Fool or Jester, same thing. Jibba jabba ... sounds a bit like me.

Sunny Ghost

Or
Owls-Wings=Turtles

Or maybe they sit still all the time that's why I think they look the same. That must be it.
:laugh:

I always get Fool or Jester, same thing. Jibba jabba ... sounds a bit like me.
hahaha. more and more, i keep thinking you're an ESFP. doesn't seem like the wolfy we know online.

however, my roommates ISFP gf often seems more Se, or rather ESFP... and i could see her as a e7, or fool card. but she's actually more introverted.

wolfy

awsm
Sometimes I test as 7, but I am really more 9. I think the more healthy a nine is (adjusts collar proudly) the more they encompass some more seven type traits. I think because they move to three and something or other... I don't know, it does seem like that. ESFP, yeah maybe. I mean Kingfisher is ESFP and had a strong introspective side to him. If I went with preference of functions which I suppose I should I'd pick ESFP. The descriptions are just a little too much if you know what I mean.

If you think Adam Sandler is isfp I'd probably sneak into the isfp box too.

sculpting

I tested as creator-but what might be more interesting is to look at the graphs at the bottom and how you compare with peers. My creator was at 83% higher than 79% of peers. My orphan score was 58%-but it was higher than 84% of my peers. However my sage score was 75%-but that is only at the 50% percentile for my peer group.

So based upon a peer comparison-I am actually orphan/creator. When I took my MBTI training course my instructor was this really wise INFP who first pointed me to the orphan archetype from the jungian description. It was interesting and helped me understand why I used Te and Fi perhaps a bit differently than the everyday ENFP and sort of gave more structure into the directions I needed to continue to improve upon. Part of the fun of the creator though really is the strong desire/compulsion to embrace my flaws. But it means falling down, getting some scrapes, then dragging myself back on track again-a bit masochistic-yet internally I am very driven to this aim. Perhaps the downside is that I project that internal desire onto others and assume they seek the same masochistic level of growth and self-truth.

gromit

likes this
:rolleyes2:

You are the Innocent
71% Innocent
67% Fool
63% Sage
63% Destroyer
60% Magician
58% Seeker
54% Warrior
54% Creator
58% Lover
50% Ruler
50% Caregiver
33% Orphan​
Goal: remain in safety
Fear: abandonment
Response to Dragon/Problem: Deny or seek rescue
Task: Fidelity, discernment
Gift: Trust, optimism, loyalty
Addictions: Consumerism, sugar, cheerfulness

The Journey of the Innocent, in all its versions, begins in a kind of utopia, a safe, secure, peaceful, loving environment. Suddenly, we are thrown fro m that environment and enter a world where we are judged, where unfair discriminations are made, where conflict and violence are rampant and illusions are shattered.”

The Innocent in each of us, however, knows that if that safe garden is possible anywhere or anytime, even if we personally never remember experiencing it, then it can be recreated sometimes, by someone.

Only at the end of our journey are we Wise Innocents, knowing the whole breadth of life’s experiences, and choosing to create a peaceful, egalitarian world where all creatures can be known, honoured, and empowered.

The Innocent also believes that it is important to stay defined by one’s persona and have no secrets from the world.

Shadow Side:

The Shadow side of the innocent wants to protect the innocent state by refusing the Fall, and can cause us to be in denial about our own actions. When healthy, Innocents transgress, forgive themselves, moderate their behaviour, and move on. Shadow innocents blame themselves if others violate their principles.

How others will see you:

Shadow Orphans will tempt the Innocent to cross the physical and metaphorical street and to flout the rules. The Shadow Warrior will wage war on the Innocent, criticizing unmercifully.

The Shadow Caregiver will demand sacrifice and accuse the Innocent of selfishness if he or she shows the slightest regard for personal wishes or welfare.

You will see others as:

Seekers will be seen as heretics, Destroyers as enemies, Lovers as immoral seducers, and Creators as dangerous sources of hubris.

Edit:
I tested as creator-but what might be more interesting is to look at the graphs at the bottom and how you compare with peers. My creator was at 83% higher than 79% of peers. My orphan score was 58%-but it was higher than 84% of my peers. However my sage score was 75%-but that is only at the 50% percentile for my peer group.

So based upon a peer comparison-I am actually orphan/creator.

Oh interesting. Based on my peer comparison I'm innocent/destroyer. HA. Where can you read about all of them?

Sunny Ghost

simply from reading the descriptions, i felt as though i related to the orphan much more. but perhaps a combination of seeker and orphan for me. i wonder how trusty that scoring is.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
You are the Fool
25% Orphan
33% Innocent
54% Caregiver
71% Destroyer
71% Sage
79% Seeker
79% Lover
80% Magician
83% Ruler
83% Warrior
88% Creator
and 100% Fool!​

Fools are in great demand, especially on social occasions. They embarrass everyone but provide material for conversation…Fools don’t claim that cats bark, but they talk about cats when everyone else is talking about dogs. They offend all the rules of conversation, and when they really offend, they’re magnificent…
— Foucault’s Pendulum

Goal: Enjoyment
Fear: Nonaliveness
Response to Dragon/Problem: Play tricks on it
Task: Trust in the process
Gift: Joy, freedom
Addictions: Excitement, cocaine, alcohol

The Fool is the archetype most helpful in dealing with the absurdities of the modern world and with faceless, amorphous modern bureaucracies– places where no one takes personal responsibility, rules are expected to be followed mo matter how absurd they might be, and the tables are incredibly stacked against individual effectiveness. A Jester does not merely provide entertainment, but also points out the failings of the kingdom to a wise Ruler. Thus, Fools are often the most serious archetype of all. The Fool often violates social norms in humourous ways to avoid provoking undue hostility.

A Fool’s politics are anarchistic. Fools are resilient, and are willing to stand up and try again despite failing. The Fool enjoys the contest of the wits even in the most dangerous or offensive of circumstances, and hates being bored.

Shadow Fool:
When such energy is not allowed, it simply goes underground, and in doing so becomes negative, undermining force. The Shadow Fool delights in breaking rules, regardless of the consequences. Unbridled and undisciplined sensuality, madness, and multiple personalities or personas are usually the results of the force of the Shadow Fool. The Shadow Fool has an unrealistic vision of what is required for survival, emotions, and relationships and believes that in order to succeed at conventional norms, one must work all of the time, so there is no use in undertaking any conventional task.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ooh thats interesting, I didn't notice that there was so much behind this personality test. I admit it appeals to me :blush:

Here's a link to a quiz to determine your type: What's Your Archetype?

All those questions and just this.

Creator

When the Creator is active within a person, that person is discovering or creating a more adequate sense of Self. At best, this new identity leads to a more fulfilling and effective life. At worst, it is simply an experiment, and the person retreats or goes back to the drawing board to start over.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
You are the Sage

29% Innocent, 13% Orphan, 46% Warrior, 17% Caregiver, 75% Seeker, 17% Lover, 38% Destroyer, 42% Creator, 16% Magician, 38% Ruler, 88% Sage and 75% Fool!

Goal: Truth

Fear: Deception

Response to Dragon/Problem: Transcend it

Task: Attain enlightenment

Gift: Wisdom, non-attachment

Addictions: Being right, tranquilizers

Sages have little or no need to control or change the world; they just want to understand it. The Sage’s path is the journey to find out the truth– about ourselves, our world, and the universe. However, it is not simply about finding knowledge, but about becoming wise. The challenge of the Sage is to decode the clue and solve the underlying riddle of existence. They seek to cultivate and attitude of dispassionate reflection so that they can experience real truth. The Sage merely watches the action, while looking for the underlying truth.

Shadow Sage:

The Shadow Sage is not so much unattached as cut off from reality. S/he is so obsessed by non-attachment that s/he cannot commit to people, projects, or ideas. Sometimes a Negative Sage deludes her/himself with the idea that his provides him/her with freedom, but s/he is not free at all. The negative Sage is addicted to being perfect and truthful and right and has no tolerance of normal human feelings or vulnerabilities. Such a Sage often tends towards ascetic practices and constantly derides the self or others for any sign of not being perfect.

Shadow Sages also tend to try to make the world seem less mysterious by limiting the number of acceptable ways of perceiving reality. Such individuals are also incapable of acknowledging the way that their own subjective biases colour their supposedly rational findings. Shadow Sages typically want to control knowledge in such a way that it is not threatening by focusing on a style that correspond to their learning style. Knowledge, then, becomes a way of showing superiority to others. Their primary focus thus becomes not on the attainment of wisdom itself, but on the evaluation of others. Whatever relative truth they have discovered is identified with absolute truth, and their primary focus is in guarding this truth from assaults by the barbarians.

G

Ginkgo

You are the Sage
42% Innocent, 33% Orphan, 38% Warrior, 83% Caregiver, 75% Seeker, 71% Lover, 58% Destroyer, 71% Creator, 76% Magician, 71% Ruler, 88% Sage and 83% Fool!

Goal: Truth
Fear: Deception
Response to Dragon/Problem: Transcend it
Task: Attain enlightenment
Gift: Wisdom, non-attachment
Addictions: Being right, tranquilizers
Sages have little or no need to control or change the world; they just want to understand it. The Sage’s path is the journey to find out the truth– about ourselves, our world, and the universe. However, it is not simply about finding knowledge, but about becoming wise. The challenge of the Sage is to decode the clue and solve the underlying riddle of existence. They seek to cultivate and attitude of dispassionate reflection so that they can experience real truth. The Sage merely watches the action, while looking for the underlying truth.
Shadow Sage:
The Shadow Sage is not so much unattached as cut off from reality. S/he is so obsessed by non-attachment that s/he cannot commit to people, projects, or ideas. Sometimes a Negative Sage deludes her/himself with the idea that his provides him/her with freedom, but s/he is not free at all. The negative Sage is addicted to being perfect and truthful and right and has no tolerance of normal human feelings or vulnerabilities. Such a Sage often tends towards ascetic practices and constantly derides the self or others for any sign of not being perfect.
Shadow Sages also tend to try to make the world seem less mysterious by limiting the number of acceptable ways of perceiving reality. Such individuals are also incapable of acknowledging the way that their own subjective biases colour their supposedly rational findings. Shadow Sages typically want to control knowledge in such a way that it is not threatening by focusing on a style that correspond to their learning style. Knowledge, then, becomes a way of showing superiority to others. Their primary focus thus becomes not on the attainment of wisdom itself, but on the evaluation of others. Whatever relative truth they have discovered is identified with absolute truth, and their primary focus is in guarding this truth from assaults by the barbarians.

Sunny Ghost

All those questions and just this.

Creator

When the Creator is active within a person, that person is discovering or creating a more adequate sense of Self. At best, this new identity leads to a more fulfilling and effective life. At worst, it is simply an experiment, and the person retreats or goes back to the drawing board to start over.

read up on it from some of the links i posted. :)