• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lucid Dreaming and Dream Control

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I just heard the the Tucson killer was obsessed with lucid dreaming.

For those not familiar: Lucid dreaming is when you are aware that you are dreaming and dream control is when you can control what you are doing within your dreams. It's much like the movie the Matrix.

I had one lucid dream where I could control my actions and I have to say...it was an amazing experience (even though I was dead asleep)! Anyone else? If you were able to control your dream, what did you do?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to do this when I was in my teens. Most of the time I realized I was dreaming when I was in a bad situation. Then I'd use my dream powers to correct it and then turn to using my dream for teenage persuits.

I have also been absolutely powerless in a lucid dream, that was frightening.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
That's pretty cool that you could get out of a scary dream situation instead of waking up screaming like the rest of us.

In mine I realized I was dreaming as I was walking through a parking lot and noticed things were off, like the signs were all jibberish, and the people weren't reacting to me the way people would in real life. So I started yelling and still no one turned to look at me. I was then certain I was dreaming. I figured if it was a dream I could jump 100's of feet high - so I did. I also figured I could turn an asphalt parking lot into the ocean - so I did. I then enjoyed my super-human powers for a while. Very, very matrix. I still get so giddy just thinking about it :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does this mean we're would be assasins?

There was a couple times where I knew I was dreaming because the writing got all strange when I tried to read it. I hear it doesn't work that way for everyone.

I don't even remember my dreams anymore. I had one last night, remembered an amusing bit when I got up to use the restroom, forgot about it by morning. :(

Sunny Ghost

I experience sleep paralysis a lot, which usually leads me into lucid dreaming. It's often when I become immobile, that I'll begin to slip off and have some control over my dreams. It's weird though, as though I can control my surroundings, it's rare to control my body even in the dream.

But they don't always happen that way. Sometimes in my dream, I'll slip or fall and suddenly start to float or fly and then I'll realize I'm dreaming.

The first few times of lucid dreaming, and mostly due to the fact that they went hand in hand with my sleep paralysis, were really scary! But since it's become so common for me, I've learned to roll with the punches of sleep paralysis and have pleasant floaty lucid dreams.

There are a great deal of websites devoted to learning to control lucid dreams more, or induce them more. I found one website that even had assignments. Once you slip into the lucid dreaming phase, try to remember to say, "To infinity and beyond!" And see where your dream might take you. ;)

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Does this mean we're would be assasins?

I don't even remember my dreams anymore. I had one last night, remembered an amusing bit when I got up to use the restroom, forgot about it by morning. :(

I hope not...I would make a lousy assasin...I don't think crying during an assisination is allowed.

I think it's kind of sad that you don't remember your dreams (assuming they are good dreams). I have really vivid dreams and sometimes they are the highlight of my day...although I'm not sure if that's awesome or a little sad :blush:

I experience sleep paralysis a lot, which usually leads me into lucid dreaming.

There are a great deal of websites devoted to learning to control lucid dreams more, or induce them more. I found one website that even had assignments. Once you slip into the lucid dreaming phase, try to remember to say, "To infinity and beyond!" And see where your dream might take you. ;)

I hate sleep paralysis...I too have been aware that I am dreaming but been paralyzed. For me it only seems to happen when I am trying to wake from a scary dream, but can't. Fortunately I don't have many scary dreams.

I will have to checkout some of those sites. I would love to hit the matrix again. :newwink:

Sunny Ghost

I hope not...I would make a lousy assasin...I don't think crying during an assisination is allowed.

I think it's kind of sad that you don't remember your dreams (assuming they are good dreams). I have really vivid dreams and sometimes they are the highlight of my day...although I'm not sure if that's awesome or a little sad :blush:

I hate sleep paralysis...I too have been aware that I am dreaming but been paralyzed. For me it only seems to happen when I am trying to wake from a scary dream, but can't. Fortunately I don't have many scary dreams.

I will have to checkout some of those sites. I would love to hit the matrix again. :newwink:

I try to pay very close attention to my dreams... so they're sort of the highlight of my day as well sometimes.

Qlippoth--It might help to write down your dreams as soon as you wake. Or to keep going over the details for the first five minutes your awake. But the more often you pay attention, the more likely you are to recall your dreams. And the more often you can recall your dreams and pay attention, the more likely you are to experience lucid dreaming as well.

I'd like to try and experience and out of body dream you hear people talking about sometimes. That'd be neat... but maybe scary.

I don't know that my sleep paralysis starts because I'm having a scary dream, but rather it's just waking up mid dream mentally before my body is capable of waking. Then it can become scary. That panic need to wake up! But I've learned that if I can just caaaalm myself down instead and instead focus my attention towards changing the scenery around myself in my dream world, that eventually not only do I have dream control, but that it will end the paralysis as well and I can wake up normally or just drift back off to comfortable sleep.

I think buddhist monks supposedly will have control of the dream world from start to finish.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I experience sleep paralysis a lot, which usually leads me into lucid dreaming. It's often when I become immobile, that I'll begin to slip off and have some control over my dreams. It's weird though, as though I can control my surroundings, it's rare to control my body even in the dream.

But they don't always happen that way. Sometimes in my dream, I'll slip or fall and suddenly start to float or fly and then I'll realize I'm dreaming.

The first few times of lucid dreaming, and mostly due to the fact that they went hand in hand with my sleep paralysis, were really scary! But since it's become so common for me, I've learned to roll with the punches of sleep paralysis and have pleasant floaty lucid dreams.

I had this once... okay.. this is probably going to sound crazy.. I was going through this kind of occult dabbling phase when I was younger. I willed that I should see spirits. Well that night I had a lucid dream coupled with sleep paralysis that went on for 5 cycles where I would eventually get up, be so happy that I was dreaming, but then realize I was dreaming again when I ran into an eyeless man in a bowler hat, who I assume was directing my experience. After I woke up for real, I was afraid of sleeping for weeks. *shudder*

rav3n

Lucid dreaming has only happened to me once and that was the other night. It was like double-vision. Don't recall the details of the dream but I didn't consciously try to control the dream.

Sunny Ghost

I had this once... okay.. this is probably going to sound crazy.. I was going through this kind of occult dabbling phase when I was younger. I willed that I should see spirits. Well that night I had a lucid dream coupled with sleep paralysis that went on for 5 cycles where I would eventually get up, be so happy that I was dreaming, but then realize I was dreaming again when I ran into an eyeless man in a bowler hat, who I assume was directing my experience. After I woke up for real, I was afraid of sleeping for weeks. *shudder*
that sounds horrifying! but kind of cool at the same time.

my first time experiencing sleep paralysis, i thought i had an incubus or a ghostly spirit holding me down. i was able to open my eyes... or maybe i just dreamed the bedroom around me to be the same as it actually was... but i was seriously freaking out.

i know many people will experience ghosts, demons, or even alien abductions in sleep paralysis.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that sounds horrifying! but kind of cool at the same time.

my first time experiencing sleep paralysis, i thought i had an incubus or a ghostly spirit holding me down. i was able to open my eyes... or maybe i just dreamed the bedroom around me to be the same as it actually was... but i was seriously freaking out.

i know many people will experience ghosts, demons, or even alien abductions in sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis creature expierences:

No eyed bowler hat guy.
Spider crawling on the ceiling.
My (ex)mother-in-law. Scarrry.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've never had a lucid dream. :( Every dream I have... if we're using the Matrix metaphor, well, I must've taken the blue pill at some point, because I'm trapped in the system.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've only had lucid dreams a few times. Almost always, when I'm dreaming, I'm not aware of it until I wake up. On the rare occasion that I experience a lucid dream, it's usually accompanied by awareness of my own sleep paralysis.

Sunny Ghost

I just wanted to point out that post #11 by me on here was written at 11:11pm on 1/11/11.

Weird! :shock: