User Tag List

First 34567 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Except all of my partners throughout my life, I can assign at least 8-10 of those points to each one.

So I am either attracted to sociopaths OR, we all have sociopath like tendencies..

The Agenda is not in the behaviors listed.. But rather in the Gender specific use of "He" and not He/she...

ONLY if.. the stats are; 100% of all sociopaths are male and 0% of all sociopaths are female, can the "presentation" of this data not have a gender bias.
    Therefore a gender bias suggests an opposing agenda against the mentioned gender.
    Ironically, I think the stereotypical "feminist" response would be to criticize the OP for not saying "she". "He" has historically been used as a gender "neutral" sort of pronoun, as a default so you don't have to run around saying "he or she" all the time. There's been lots of feminist arguments about why this isn't appropriate, which I'm not going to get into because I don't really care.

So no, I don't think this is an example of feminist agenda, and still wouldn't even if the ratio was 1:1 and not 97:3 or so, because of the historical usage of "he". This is still part of the english language and very common, although growing less so, I think.
    -end of thread-

Smile Returning home for the first time.

I must say I am not so much interested in dissociated personality disorder, rather I am interested in the dissociated personality.

A personality disorder is a mental illness, with the sufferer out of touch with reality, while a personality is in touch with reality.

And interestingly, the dissociated personality is normal in authoritarian societies, such as societies that compel their children by law to leave home and go to a special institution for twelve years, with specially trained staff, to be taught to read and write.

We meet the dissociated personality every day. They do a job but hate doing it. They are dissociated into one part of the personality doing the job and the other part of the personality hating it at the same time.

These two parts of the personality are not compatible and so must be kept separate so the victim can function successfully in an authoritarian society.

So the dissociated personality operates two personalities at the same time, unbeknownst to one another.

And because the dissociated personality is so normal and so common, it passes unnoticed beneath the radar.

The dissociated personality can start to grow if the two parts of the personality can start to talk to one another. And when it starts to happen, it has all the pain, tears and joy of returning home for the first time.

At an early age the State compelled us to leave home to go to an institution, but now with courage and a little help, we can now return home.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

There's no good gender-neutral pronoun in English. Many of the ways that people have come up with to neutralize terms just don't sound good. So a lot of people end up using "he" but really meaning "he or she."

I think the author of this article tried to address the gender thing by using "the person" in the first question and "he (or she)" in the second question:

1. Do you often feel used by the person?
    2. Have you often felt that he (or she) doesn't care about you?
    The rest do say "he" but starting with that gives an implied gender neutrality to the rest of the questions. It's not perfect, but at least the author tried to address it instead of just letting "he" stand for all people.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    i've encountered psychopaths through working in the criminal justice system - i wouldn't call them 'everyday' psychopaths, as they're killers/rapists/predators. frankly, they're broken people with no redeeming qualities and respond poorly to all forms of criminal rehabilitation.

the clinically accepted behavioural manifestations that characterise psychopathy include:
    consistent irresponsibility
    remorselessness
    persistent lying
    repetitive offending/cruelty to people and animals since childhood

psychopathy is described by ICD 10 (international classification of diseases) as 'dissocial personality disorders,' which are determined by a disregard for prevailing social norms, persistent irritability and disordered conduct during childhood and adolescence.

interestingly, under australian law psychopathy cannot be put forward as an independent basis for pleading insanity. however, low impulse control associated with antisocial personality disorder may deprive a person of the power to reason with a moderate degree of sense re whether their conduct is wrong. provided there is medical evidence of low impulse control being a symptom of mental disease - a court may return an insanity verdict.

i've read studies that claim around 20 - 25% of the prison population are psychopaths. this is one of the reasons why sending low-level offenders to prison is a really stupid idea - they get to make friends with manipulative psychopaths.
    What do you think is the difference between narcissists and sociopaths?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I could look up and quote some of the definitions, but sociopaths tend to have more social charm and are greater risk takers than narcissists, in my understanding.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Quite a bit different, really.

That stuff about not finding fear unpleasant? I wouldn't say that applies to narcissists. I'd venture to guess that narcissists actually have a lot more in common with the typical human being than sociopaths do. Narcissistic behavior merely extends from a vast over-estimation of one's own importance, rather than such a radically different conception of how to live. The apparent results can be similar, but the cause is not the same.

EDIT: Another important thing. In a way, relationships are actually very important to narcissists and they are hyper-conscious of what people think of them. Their selfish behavior can be a compensatory act or a denial mechanism.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

There's no good gender-neutral pronoun in English.
    I suppose "They" might work..

"Do they" instead of "does he"?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Raging sociopath.

Go to sleep, iguana.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

The narcissistic voyeur.. This person stares at themselves in a mirror while peering around a corner, the whole time thinking "Come on.. Undress already , will ya?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I suppose "They" might work..

"Do they" instead of "does he"?
    Informal language has adapted to use "they" as the go-to gender neutral singular pronoun, even though it's technically a plural pronoun. It's still grammatically incorrect, though, so it wouldn't make it through the editing process if it's written into an article.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii