User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes I know one. He's interesting.

He is engaged in criminal activities.
    He uses people.
    He beats the shit out of people, steals their money, cons them etc.
    He's been to prison.
    He is very confident, plus he has this evil look on his face.
    He doesn't see people as we do, for him, people are means to an end. Something to use in order to gain $. (with a few exceptions, some of his friends who are psycho like him)

He is one sick fuck, but the judges decided nah...he's no danger....he's not killing anyone in the near future so let's set him free.

Interestingly enough, he gets laid quite often. I guess some girls are into potential killers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    Dominance is something most people strive for though, isnt' it? Status-seeking in one way or another. In the psychopath, that drive goes unchecked by the normal sorts of inhibitions that stop us from being complete bastards all the time. It actually makes you realise how useful stuff like guilt and shame is, when you see what someone with none is like.
    Agreed. Self-regulation can be really debilitating, but also really important.

That's interesting about what your mom said. I had a really powerful, visceral reaction to this person early on - like a premonition of evil or something - and I ignored it as paranoia. I should really learn to trust my gut more.
    I've worked in a lot of psych hospitals and have gotten this feeling before. Scared the shit out of me. There's a person who walks around my block who we think is psychopathic. He smokes alone, takes long walks in the freezing cold, even when it's raining, in shorts and a short-sleeve shirt. He takes very steady, slow steps and his musculature is interesting. It seems like he has a lot of muscle on his back. If you accept the mind-body link (and I do) it would make sense to expect correlations between personality characteristics and morphology.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've learned not to pity such asswipes, but it was a process for me. I used to be susceptible to it, now I'm just disgusted by such people and want to douse them in gasoline, light them on fire and shove them down the stairs.

The horrible thing about sociopaths, though, is that often they have some co-dependent mother, girlfriend, or wife who pities (and enables) them. They make sure they're surrounded by a team who will protect them. They're not stupid. They understand the concept of "safety and numbers" and dominate through the manipulation of swinging back and forth between cruelty and guilt-tripping and/or pity partying.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I've worked in a lot of psych hospitals and have gotten this feeling before. Scared the shit out of me. There's a person who walks around my block who we think is psychopathic. He smokes alone, takes long walks in the freezing cold, even when it's raining, in shorts and a short-sleeve shirt. He takes very steady, slow steps and his musculature is interesting. It seems like he has a lot of muscle on his back. If you accept the mind-body link (and I do) it would make sense to expect correlations between personality characteristics and morphology.
    What besides the odd behavior and mannerisms makes his seem sociopathic? What does he say or do to people? He seems numb to himself which makes me curious about it, because some of these inflated self disorders result in the person being highly sensitive to their own needs and numb to others' needs - personal boredom is reason enough to harm someone else.

Sometimes people exhibit opposite body language to what they act out in words and behavior. Some intensively aggressive people have an air of timidity and vice versa.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I've learned not to pity such asswipes, but it was a process for me. I used to be susceptible to it, now I'm just disgusted by such people and want to douse them in gasoline, light them on fire and shove them down the stairs.

The horrible thing about sociopaths, though, is that often they have some co-dependent mother, girlfriend, or wife who pities (and enables) them. They make sure they're surrounded by a team who will protect them. They're not stupid. They understand the concept of "safety and numbers" and dominate through the manipulation of swinging back and forth between cruelty and guilt-tripping and/or pity partying.
    Shoot the fuckers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Annwn View Post
    What besides the odd behavior and mannerisms makes his seem sociopathic? What does he say or do to people? He seems numb to himself which makes me curious about it, because some of these inflated self disorders result in the person being highly sensitive to their own needs and numb to others' needs - personal boredom is reason enough to harm someone else.

Sometimes people exhibit opposite body language to what they act out in words and behavior. Some intensively aggressive people have an air of timidity and vice versa.
    Bolded part = good observation

I've never actually talked to the guy. It's just a vibe. He seems slightly checked out and slightly ruthless and unpredictable.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Shoot the fuckers.
    If only we could. Even if they don't kill they'll hurt others in any other way they can conceive of.

I think my mother's second husband is a sociopath, and I know one of my exes friends was a sociopath. He got worse and worse as he aged, but while very young he was extremely charismatic and attracted a lot of women, and even as he became more and more of a criminal he still attracted a lot of women - just a different type of woman, ones with lower self-esteem, I suppose.

I also think I know...others.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Funny, I can think of many more females I have known who have displayed the behaviors mentioned in those 13 questions. In fact I must be attracted to sociopaths, or all humans suck.. Guess what I am putting my money on?
    SO I am confused why they all say he (instead of he/she)..
    Typical fear mongering bullshit to feed the feminist agenda.
    Did Oprah write this??

Have a nice day
    Feminist agenda? Sociopaths are generally around 97-98% male. This is a long known fact that goes back further than the Oprah show or second wave feminism.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I've known a few, unfortunately. And no, I don't deal with them anymore.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP

I'd totally go psycho on a psycho.