• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who feels chills while listening to music? People “open to experience”

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I very rarely get actual chills when listening to a song, but this one gives me chills every single time. It's the way Sondheim perfectly captures the internal conflict of the two women in this song/situation. From A Little Night Music:

[YOUTUBE="QKqw7VK9CYE"]Every Day a Little Death[/YOUTUBE]

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[youtube="4mUmdR69nbM"]This Mortal Coil - Song to the Siren[/youtube]

Chilling.

KDude

I feel chills with music quite often. I knew that some people didn't get into things as intensely as I did, but I had no idea it was that rare.. that bums me out. It almost seems like people go out of their way to be cool about things.. from music to even more vital matters.. So maybe there's something to this. And for the record, being cool sucks. I don't use that word as a compliment.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

and anyone with a gem of a mother would get chills over this :)

clearly a sucker for lyrics + music. and this one breaks my heart (yes, a few errors but i've never heard a more touching interpretation).

and this one makes my heart skip a beat. but maybe that's because i grew up with siblings playing this all the time.

Cygnus

This is called the ASMR, Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. According to [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] it's connected to Si.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is called the ASMR, Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. According to [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] it's connected to Si.

ohh yeah? how would that work for inferior Si?

á´…eparted

passages
Yup music can and does easily give me fairly intense chills. It's definitely more pronounced the first time I hear a song I truly resonate with. What I have noticed, is that if I am playing out certain types of mental imagery while listening, or it's coupled with a captivating music video it's much more likely to occur.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I almost always get chills when I hear singing in public or any public music. I think this might go back to the attention thing if you go to a concert or musical or whatever that is the only thing you are paying attention to. Also sometimes I get a feeling like my skin is tightening all over but that is usually when I hear something I don't like. Also extreme pitches are more likely to cause chills.

i relate to this. i get chills much more often from watching live musical performances. or when someone hits a really high or low note.

recorded music can definitely give me the chills too. but i need to be immersed in it. chills often come from a song that is meaningful to me, intense repetition, really moody sounds, and 'raw' performances, from what i can gather. sometimes chills are accompanied by tears. not even actual crying necessarily. just like part of an autonomic response almost.

G

Ginkgo

Frequently - usually when I listen to music that slowly builds tension with a complex and diverse progression and then maintains its intensity. It's easier to open yourself to a new experience when it gradually introduces itself. I rarely get chills with music that immediately gets in your face - that almost only happens when the lyrics are unusually powerful.