User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I view HSP as a highly unnecessary over categorisation of a non-issue.
    Just because it's a non-issue for you, doesn't make it a non-issue per se. And if it is such a non-issue, I wonder why you'd bother to post about it? Other than to be controversial, which seems to be your main reason for posting anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I view HSP as a highly unnecessary over categorisation of a non-issue. Do we label fat people 'Highly Hungry Persons' or do we label thin people 'Highly Metabolising Persons'?
    how would you fill in this blank?

fat is to 'highly hungry person' as ___________ is to 'highly sensitive person'.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It's really not the same thing at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    how would you fill in this blank?
    fat is to 'highly hungry person' as hypervigilance is to 'highly sensitive person'.

Quote Originally Posted by Madamé Les Féyé View Post
    Just because it's a non-issue for you, doesn't make it a non-issue per se. And if it is such a non-issue, I wonder why you'd bother to post about it? Other than to be controversial, which seems to be your main reason for posting anything.
    This is me happy :|, this me sad :|, this is me reading your unnecessary post which had no point other than to selfishly release of some inner resentment with the ultimate consequence of a slanderous opinion :|. I have experienced no change in my opinion on HSP.

Tell me, what is so unique about HSP? Some people are born or have experiences that make them taller or shorter or big boned or small boned or ginger haired or black haired or bald. Some people are more environmentally sensitive than others. Done. I'm sure its a highly fashionable label and an interesting case study for university psychology departments but it has little real relevance for 99% of people.

The reason I post about it is because of the erroneous adoption of fashionable labels due to hypochondriac google searching that leads to the modification of behaviour that damages the character of people. It's very important that if such labels are applied that individuals are fully aware of the limitations of that and how they shouldn't decide to start using it as a ransom note to limit their own self development.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

From my understanding, hypervigilance is a state of mind, not a personality descriptor. It's usually associated with PTSD rather than people being born with it, and it's pretty rare outside of that context if I recall.

In other words, it's a symptom of a traumatized mind, not a variety of "healthy" person like HSP.

I would tend to agree that the label has little value, but then, so does "INTJ".
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It would be interesting to find out more about the brain imaging research in relationship to this to see if it sets it apart as a specific, unique issue. My first impression of HSP is that it is an umbrella term that encompasses known and unknown causes of hypersensitivity much like defining "chronic pain" as a new condition. Based on the quiz alone, people with existing classifications of high functioning autism, aspbergers, narcissism, borderline personality disorder, hormonal imbalances, and anxiety disorders could all score high enough to fit into the HSP classification. I wonder if the brain imaging is demonstrating a new condition that would fit under HSP, but not any of the other ones I listed or that already exist, but are not included in this post.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim
    This is me happy :|, this me sad :|, this is me reading your unnecessary post which had no point other than to selfishly release of some inner resentment with the ultimate consequence of a slanderous opinion :|. I have experienced no change in my opinion on HSP.

Tell me, what is so unique about HSP? Some people are born or have experiences that make them taller or shorter or big boned or small boned or ginger haired or black haired or bald. Some people are more environmentally sensitive than others. Done. I'm sure its a highly fashionable label and an interesting case study for university psychology departments but it has little real relevance for 99% of people.
    Thanks for sharing more of your emotional constipation with the group. Very enlightening I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity
    I would tend to agree that the label has little value, but then, so does "INTJ".
    True. That label isn't relevant to 99% of the population either.
    Labels are as useful as the uses people put them too.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia
    It would be interesting to find out more about the brain imaging research in relationship to this to see if it sets it apart as a specific, unique issue. My first impression of HSP is that it is an umbrella term that encompasses known and unknown causes of hypersensitivity much like defining "chronic pain" as a new condition. Based on the quiz alone, people with existing classifications of high functioning autism, aspbergers, narcissism, borderline personality disorder, hormonal imbalances, and anxiety disorders could all score high enough to fit into the HSP classification. I wonder if the brain imaging is demonstrating a new condition that would fit under HSP, but not any of the other ones I listed or that already exist, but are not included in this post.
    HSP is not a disorder. Hope that helps.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Thanks for sharing more of your emotional constipation with the group. Very enlightening I'm sure.
    I can see we must be in good agreement with my conclusions as you have failed to bring up any technical points or even questions regarding those that I made. I don't think I'll take any more questions on them from you as you are in acceptance of my position.

I'm happy to be of service by posting this to give the vaunted privilege of sharing your paranoid vitriol with the group again. Any time you want to try to be civil, do let me know; otherwise I have more important things to do than to preach to the converted.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It would be useful if the constellation of stuff that HSP describes were known to, for example, HR professionals, so you could say you have HSP and for that reason request a desk that is not on the sunniest side of the building in a high traffic area where the people are boisterous when there is a space available on the shady side with a quieter group.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I can see we must be in good agreement with my conclusions as you have failed to bring up any technical points or even questions regarding those that I made. I don't think I'll take any more questions on them from you as you are in acceptance of my position.
    Wut?
    I'm sorry. Did you want me to explain the concept to you? I thought you just wanted to dogmatically assert opinions that no one is interested in. You know, like you usually do.