First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I thought that at first, but it doesn't hold when you look into it a bit further. There are plenty of insensitive introverts and 30% of HSPs are extroverts.
    i think i misread that part about the extroverts... i thought it was just listing the opposite extreme...

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Actually, this brings to mind the studies showing that introverts are actually chemically wired to be more sensitive to stimuli, leading them to desire isolation and calm (and get overwhelmed by people) more often than people who are less sensitive (extroverts).

So this is mostly just giving a new name to introversion
    haha. seems that way... though i agree with salome... many are and many aren't. but much less common in extroverted types, i'm positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybin View Post
    I relate strongly to the descriptions of HSP. Strangely enough, it's the emotional sensitivity I relate the least to. At least, I tend to see things like movies as overly fake and can maintain a pretty strong disassociation to violent images. Really, beyond music I dont emotionally connect with art very easily. However, I feel like my senses are very raw. I cannot tolerate loud noises, bright or quickly flashing lights, bad tastes and smells, or uncomfortable textures. It has always seemed to me that my threshold for sensory stimuli has been far lower than a fair number of people around me. Of course I have a few friends that know exactly where I'm coming from.

I'd think it's far from a disorder (actually, I don't think I ever read anything that implied as much) but I don't think it's unreasonable to think peope have different sensitivity levels to different things. I mean, I get adrenaline rushes in crowded rooms, but some people jump off of cliffs to get the same thing.
    yeah, i related on many aspects... i have a strong hatred towards overhead lights... too bright. and i hate rooms that are distasteful, hideous or disorganized. i'll get a strong need to do something about it. (but i always related this with being an ISFP or enneagram 4...)

and also, classrooms always made me anxious due to the setting and amount of people i'm unfamiliar with. sometimes i can become incredibly anxious in restaurants that seem too busy, and will opt to face a wall.

i've given up my coffee addiction because i blamed it for my high arousal levels and anxiousness. kicking the habit did help a bit, but not completely.

i've been known to shut people out when i feel as though i've embarrassed myself... such as the example in the beginning of the article displayed.

i hate being uncomfortable, be it seating, clothing, or hunger. i'm always trying to optimize my comfort level. many friends would label me demanding because of this strong desire.

and i get embarrassed to watch movies with people sometimes because i do become very emotionally involved. same with music. i love music that stimulates me emotionally or makes my hair stand. i love dramas or epic adventures because of the intensity. so i'm equally drawn to this stimuli.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Scored 18 on the self-assessment... but I don't think being sensitive is a disorder. I think of it as living life by seeing, smelling, feeling, and hearing the world in vibrant colors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

18 on this one. I just did a more detailed one that allowed nuanced answers (unfortunately it's in German, sorry) and scored 226 out of a possible 300 where HS started at 163...

They do want to sell their book, as do most websites that offer tests and the concept is a bit fuzzy, but it does explain a lot.... in retrospect. I was always torn between feeling like an alien and assuming everytbody was like this.

I prefer to think of it as easily overstimulated (mostly mentally, that includes also emotionally - it's related - and somewhat physically) rather than highly sensitive since that sounds likes it's limited to emotional overcharge only and has an emo ring to it.:steam:
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

the alien feeling is pretty relatable to enneagram 4's, right?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I partially attribute it to being a 5w4...hard to tell cause and effect!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

4w5 here

MBTI
    INTJ

I got 5. I was on the fence with some, but nowhere enough to get to 12.

The statement made that even if 1 or 2 were very true lends itself to you being HSP is a crock as well. Everyone's highly sensitive to something. They trying to push a drug with this?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    Hahahaha 5. i get MAD if i'm hungry for too long.

That was my one that was very very true. I cannot focus with extreme hunger. Sometimes I'm so hungry I don't have the strength or desire to cook. LOL

Banned

I view HSP as a highly unnecessary over categorisation of a non-issue. Do we label fat people 'Highly Hungry Persons' or do we label thin people 'Highly Metabolising Persons'?

I didn't score that high, about seven I think. I don't know how much it is to do with Fi, but then I didn't measure that high in Fi in that cognitive test today.