First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post

(p.s. tawanda, I've never felt that way about you)
    Haha, thanks. I'm glad I don't come off that way, which probably means that feeling is too deep to express. I wouldn't say I'm abusive or anything, but I really don't trust people and I'm afraid of love to possibly unhealthy levels. :P

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    But marm, these are feeler values. Isn't this similar to Thinkers saying, "Something that I have noticed on this forum is that some Fs are much more rational/objective/logical than others, some less needy, etc."?
    But it's true. Some feelers are more rational, objective, and logical than others. You're not one of the ones I would include in what I'm describing in the OP, anyway. You're actually one of the warmer ones.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Haha, thanks. I'm glad I don't come off that way, which probably means that feeling is too deep to express. I wouldn't say I'm abusive or anything, but I really don't trust people and I'm afraid of love to possibly unhealthy levels. :P
    You're cool Tawanda.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticAlice View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I say this because i've done this when i first discovered MBTI, my thoughts being something along the lines of "oh! so that's why i'm this way...well this is me, can't help it! mbti says so." But as i decided i was being, for lack of a better term, a moron.. i delved much further into MBTI, function theory and all that jazz (my knowledge base being nowhere near most people's on here). What i discovered were ways to better communicate with certain people in my life based on their type, causing me to be much more patient and understanding (especially with my ISTP). I have also, temporarily, labeled myself an unhealthy INFJ..i have a lot of work to do on myself, but being aware of the functions and how i use them, and also how to use them in order to be healthy and happy has opened up a huge opportunity for positive change in my life, which i am already seeing within my internal dialogue.
    While i am an F replying to this thread..i'm sure the exact same can be said for T's.
    I agree with this, and personally as an NF I've been working on being more logical and objective, and seperating feelings from ethics. Apparently I'm able to do so to a point that some people have suggested I seem ExTP-ish at times, and another person said I was "too emotionally controlled" to be a 4. I take those things as complements, because I know that this definitely has not been always the case and it's something I've had to consciously develop, and that I am definitely still working on.

We all have our issues. I just think that perhaps there are some who use "I'm a T" as an excuse to behave in very odd and even abusive ways.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    You're actually one of the warmer ones.
    WHAT? Insult!

I'm cold and nasty, so don't you forget it! :steam:

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

A or the key seems to be about knowing when the point of diminishing returns has been reached when it comes to being true to oneself and growing towards more awareness, and towards balance, wholesomeness and maturity is what it seems to be about.

Of what else that needs to be factored in is:
    • the environment, the social norms and culture,
    • the total intelligence level of the person
    • and their behavioral variations as defined, whichever they might be i.e. whether limited or extend by, by their functional development and strengths

and all of these seen through the lens of the transition and the effects of the transition of the person in terms of growth and development over time.

I say this because it seems more and more to be the case than not, that the gain or loss seems individual to us whereas it affects us collectively and so the gain or loss is for everyone regardless of when it becomes clear to whom and to what degree.
    A nice example is what Confucius had stated before any of the reformers of the world did, and ironically it has not been a cultural or societal value or even a true beacon that was upheld and definitely not in its true sense almost anywhere or ever, which pithily stated was that status in any form should be based wholly upon merit.
    Last edited by Kaizer; 12-31-2010 at 11:52 PM.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

ThatGirl

Everyone thinks MBTI is a personality test, rather than a window to their mentality.

That's why you see people "acting" like Fs or Ts, and becoming either catrooned images of the types, or using the descriptions to justify overt behavior.

I think the whole functions thing can't really be gauge in how someone acts. It is pretty easy to recognize a T if you step back and look at the result of their actions. Ts, to me, are the easiest to follow when assessing where they were going with a specific action and result.

I personally, come off as every type in the book. I consider myself to be fairly open.

People I consider to be the epitome of T or NT would be CeeCee, Haight, Highlander, Provoker, there are others but I can't name them off the bat. The reason for this is because they aren't so much overpowering with personality and you can trace the T pretty easily.

Anyway, that's my theory.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Something that I have noticed on this forum is that some Ts are much more open/warm/trusting than others, some more social, etc and often this is explained away by extraversion or saying they are more balanced on T/F or were socialized to be emotional because of being female...
    I like to think I'm one of the 'nicer' Ts.
    I do think I come across as more open/warm/trusting than the average T. I have become more balanced on the T/F dimension as I've gotten older and have more access to being able to use Fe constructively. I'm also one of those rare T's who is an agreeable type on the Big Five. That could explain some of it too.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Everyone thinks MBTI is a personality test, rather than a window to their mentality.

That's why you see people "acting" like Fs or Ts, and becoming either catrooned images of the types, or using the descriptions to justify overt behavior.

I think the whole functions thing can't really be gauge in how someone acts. It is pretty easy to recognize a T if you step back and look at the result of their actions. Ts, to me, are the easiest to follow when assessing where they were going with a specific action and result.

I personally, come off as every type in the book. I consider myself to be fairly open.

People I consider to be the epitome of T or NT would be CeeCee, Haight, Highlander, Provoker, there are others but I can't name them off the bat. The reason for this is because they aren't so much overpowering with personality and you can trace the T pretty easily.

Anyway, that's my theory.
    I actually don't consider Provoker to be the epitome of NT. I think he's one of the ones with issues other than simply being a rational. His behavior on the forum and in vent was manipulative, cruel, and possibly even socially retarded.

Haight, Highlander, CeeCee ....yes. Just rational. I don't want to name any more names though, other than responding to what you said, lest I create drama and we don't want that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I like to think I'm one of the 'nicer' Ts.
    I do think I come across as more open/warm/trusting than the average T. I have become more balanced on the T/F dimension as I've gotten older and have more access to being able to use Fe constructively. I'm also one of those rare T's who is an agreeable type on the Big Five. That could explain some of it too.

You are one of the nicer Ts.