First 678

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

What stimulates you?

Conversations with a couple of close friends. Observing my surroundings and other people. Music (probably above all!). The visual arts. Reflection. Ideas, though not ALL ideas, just the one's that interest me at a particular moment...not all ideas are created equal. Interesting patterns that I observe. These are probably what most frequently occupy my thoughts during the day.

How much external stimulation can you tolerate?

I like external stimulation if I have complete control over the degree of exposure. When I'm at the behest of others, or when the stimulation is forced, then I have an extremely low tolerance. For instance, when I'm in school and I don't like the class or the people in it, I will be almost dying to get home where I can finally think freely. To the point where I am literally cringing to myself in frustration that the time is passing so slowly. I also don't generally like loud environments unless its some sort of concert that I volunteered to attend.

What is your internal world like?

When completely undisturbed by external influences (even music, which I use as an external tool to stimulate or amplify my thoughts and emotions) my "inner world" is like an expanse that holds multiple pieces of information in one area at once. I then shift through each area in peaceful reflection (not analysis). If I take this type of reflection far enough, it really does start to become visual, and I begin to lose track of the external world. I need isolated environments to get that far, though.

How much alone time do you need and how often do you need it?

I really enjoy socializing if it's with the right people. Introduce anyone else, however, and it becomes far less fun or enjoyable for me. That said, even when I'm with good friends, I still need at least four or five hours of solid alone time if I want to prevent myself from getting cranky and restless.

What comes along with being an introvert that most people don't realize?

That choosing to stay in on a Friday or Saturday night is NOT a sign of alienation, low self-esteem, or even lack of friends. Oh, and that being ignored and forgotten in group settings (including in class, by your teachers) is basically the way it turns out for you most of the time.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Default NiFe talking

the whole world is a lie. no surface can be relied on. actual causal nature must be observed, before it can be trusted. people don't lie so much, they just don't understand anything including their own understanding, let alone their own self. they act differently from how they talk. they talk differently from how they think. they think differently from how they believe. they believe differently from how they feel. they feel differently from how they experience. stick with known entities, hide behind their underlying automated network of interaction, which hides below their false declarations, by appearing to be another standardized unconscious member, create an alliance of interaction with their true subconscious nature, create a meaningless pretense on the surface, so they can think that they could comprehend what really connects you with them, or at least notice, that something connects you. keep away from strange entities, until you had enough opportunity to look through them and predict their true cause. don't show them any personal signs, that they would believe to understand, unless you can calculate how they will understand it, because they will understand it wrong, but it might still be to your advantage, a convergence of understandings. don't show anyone, that you can see what they are. don't identify with any of their make-believed world, because this will make you blind to what is happening below it, so you will loose all orientation. but pretend to be identified. take the pill into your mouth, under your tongue. and take a risk, someday. surf the wave.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    What stimulates you? How much external stimulation can you tolerate? What is your internal world like? How much alone time do you need and how often do you need it? What comes along with being an introvert that most people don't realize?
    What stimulates you?
    Music, doing work, etc. Basically doing the same things I could do when I am with other people. Only when I'm alone, I would be more energized and efficient.

Quite complex actually. I know myself best, and no one really knows me extremely well.

I need quite a bit of alone time after I am with people. I guess this basically measures how introverted you are. For example, if I've been around people (not just 2 or 3 people) for 3 hours, I would need around 4 hours of re-charging. If I get more, I would be glad. If I get less, I would not be so glad. I would need the time alone after I've surpassed my comfortable energy level.

I guess it's just that many important things in life involve doing things with other people a lot. That's where extroverts have an advantage. I for one need rest when I'm with other people for an extended period. However I can be by myself for such a long time and sometimes I wouldn't even realize it. In other words, I think that life would actually be easier for a person if he/she is extroverted.
    Last edited by NewEra; 04-18-2009 at 05:23 PM.

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

What stimulates you? Music more than anything. Beauty. Dancing and movement. Theater. Comedy. Road Trips and dinners with close friends.

How much external stimulation can you tolerate? Depends on the source. From close friends....endless. From acquaintances, hardly any. Nearly every conversation feels like an interruption from them. And I just realized that it feels like an interruption from my thinking. I am always so totally engrossed in my thoughts that people taking up any space with speaking (unless it's warranted) feels like a barrage.

What is your internal world like? It's paradoxical. It's fast and slow and loud and quiet...but most of all, it's always going. It's always in motion. So much so, that I don't realize that that when I am alone. I like to ruminate....It's an emotional preservation station. Outside, I may look like nothing is going on...but inside is all fireworks and confetti. It's pretty amazing....which leads me to the next question.

I don't actually need that much alone time. I prefer being with friends when I leave work, for instance. But then again, I am as quiet as a mouse during the day. I am in recharge mode....minimal words....minimal communication. But by the time the night comes, I am ready to get going.

What comes along with being an introvert that most people don't realize? We often have profound ideas that you would never realize because you have to press us to communicate them.

I think that Extroverts (not the insightful ones on this site of course) often feel like Introverts don't have anything to say....or at least anything interesting to say, because we don't voice our thoughts as readily as they do.

But that couldn't be further from the truth.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by aguanile View Post

I think that Extroverts (not the insightful ones on this site of course) often feel like Introverts don't have anything to say....or at least anything interesting to say, because we don't voice our thoughts as readily as they do.

But that couldn't be further from the truth.
    I have my best ideas and thoughts when I'm truly alone. It's sad that when I'm with someone and those thoughts could really help, 90% of them are nowhere to be found.

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I have my best ideas and thoughts when I'm truly alone. It's sad that when I'm with someone and those thoughts could really help, 90% of them are nowhere to be found.
    Raz, I hear you one hundred percent.

It's as if, when I need to express myself with people, I am stunted. My mind goes blank. And if I happen to be able to say something, by the time it comes out, it's a shadow of the original thought I had and is finished with "you know what I mean???" Because that's all I desperately want...to make sure that I am understood.

But Bless the Lord for the writing. I can go back. I can edit. I can rearrange my thoughts to truly convey what I mean.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by aguanile View Post
    Raz, I hear you one hundred percent.

It's as if, when I need to express myself with people, I am stunted. My mind goes blank. And if I happen to be able to say something, by the time it comes out, it's a shadow of the original thought I had and is finished with "you know what I mean???" Because that's all I desperately want...to make sure that I am understood.

But Bless the Lord for the writing. I can go back. I can edit. I can rearrange my thoughts to truly convey what I mean.
    LOL, yeah, right. This girl at work is trying to get into religious discussions with me. She comes at me an hour before we get off and starts asking me some intense questions. My answers really end up being more Te spur of the moment based. I hated that. I was just thinking, "Fuck you, coming at me with these questions hours after I've been here and I'm feeling sorely drained." And you know what happens? Even 1 minute after she leaves, I suddenly had 5 questions for her and a much better response to one of her questions. I hate that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

What stimulates you?
    Ideas, music, books, photos. My own thoughts & imagination.
    Conversation that is more intellectual in nature, such as discussing concepts/ideas or theories. Conversation is tricky, because about 90% of it is more draining than stimulating. After I get the info I need and express myself, I can get detached quickly also.
    I like some hustle & bustle, but in small doses.

I'm not sure what you mean by external. The external stimulation I "tolerate" is other people. I find social things draining. After a few hours of it I need alone time.

It is complex, layered, full of characters & sound and images. It's like a film. It's random sometimes....thoughts and ideas will just pop up.
    I think in pictures a lot, or refer to a quote from a song/book to put my own feelings in an expressible form.
    I also review past things & imagine future events a lot. I have a hard time being in the present. I will almost enjoy an experience more when I re-live it later in my head. In the moment, there is just too much going on and I almost have to disconnect to take it in.

I need several hours alone a day. At the end of the day, I need to "unwind" alone, or if I am out with people, then the next morning I need to be alone.
    If I spend an entire day or more without any human contact though, I do get depressed. I will naturally be inclined to further isolate myself and withdraw when I feel disconnected from people, but it's counterproductive of course.

Several things:
    - I still have a very deep need to be connected with people. I do need relationships & enjoy people. "I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does" :P
    - I have a lot going on under the surface. I may seem bland to people I don't know well. Once I open up, people can forget I am shy (or introverted rather). I can have a lot to say and even be funny at times.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

last post, i did not respect all the points, so:

What stimulates you?
    • blowing my face with a hair dryer. (can have a lucid dream at the same time)

• one hour hair dryer if i do it everyday, then then dry air makes my throat grow mutated tissue.
    • also: please only one vampire attack during a single night. and why does he need to cut me with knifes if he has teeth?
    • clusterfuck

• ten years (so far)
    • once a life (so far)

• you can actually forget language!
    • also: "If you bring forward that which lives within you, that which lives within you will save you. If you do not bring forward that which lives within you, that which lives within you, will destroy you." Thomas, 170 - take it literally. see vampires.