User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I relish my inner world. I love living in the wonderfully bizzare landscape of my thoughts. I can't handle much external stimulation. I hate any social gathering and I absolutely love solitude. Even one-to-one interactiion is draining.
    I think the main thing that people don't understand about introversion is that it isn't in any way the same as misanthropy.
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be." - Dead Poets Society

Enneagram: 5w4 sp

Default Introversion

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    I'm surprised nobody made this one based on the extroverted one.

When any introverts out there can tear themselves away from the books they're currently reading, please take a moment to explain how you experience introversion.

What stimulates you? How much external stimulation can you tolerate? What is your internal world like? How much alone time do you need and how often do you need it? What comes along with being an introvert that most people don't realize?

Thank you for your participation. You may return to your book reading.
    Hi Iam new here,my internal world is pretty lonely,I like some time out each day I like to be mentally stimulated and humour,the hardest thing is expressing my self if you don't believe me check my profile.:rolli:

MBTI
    ENFJ

I read somewhere that introverts don't like noisy work environments, but if they have a low need for stability (high T), then they're likely to be able to adapt to anything. That's how I was with school work. I didn't care too much about the environment.
    I hope this isn't necroing, buuuut...

I've found that this is very, very true. I can be alone anywhere, even if it's in a crowded metro or school cafeteria. It's only when people start bothering me to be social is it ever a problem.

Anything can be stimulating if you look at it hard enough. If you no longer look at the thing and look at its implications, it can be interesting. It's only that most people can't be bothered to look at implications so I'm very, very bored by most conversation.

My internal world is constantly working. Sometimes it doesn't shut down if I need sleep. It consistently moves forward drawing new conclusions, if they're about the subject at hand or if they're about something very, very far away. These conclusions are usually then stored for later reference and people don't find them unless I'm questioned.

I like 'alone' time, but I don't need to be physically alone to have alone time. I can't stand talking for too long, there's a whole lot of lulls in conversation. I can only maybe speak for five minutes at a time, and then things get quiet again... I'll do things like bring a book to the dinner table. People HATE that. They call me antisocial.

Most people either just go ahead and think that introverts are either 'shy' or think that they're 'too good for what's around them' when really they just don't need what's around them as much as the average extrovert, as in, it's not based in arrogance but something much, much deeper. Also, the shyness annoys me... I have little inhibitions about speaking my mind unless it's in a situation where I surmise that it's a very bad idea, and somehow this makes me anxious of people. Also, too many people don't understand that introversion is not really a choice. People have different extents of being introverted (I'm very introverted), but if you have trouble simply chewing fat, small-talking with people, then it's not really anybody's fault.

In fact, if people had a choice of being introverted over not, I'm sure that there would be a lot more introverts.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

What stimulates you?
    natural ambiance(at night)......and only that
    thunder and lightning
    the wind among the leaves
    walks @ 2am
    playing the guitar

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular
    How much external stimulation can you tolerate?
    If i am having fun......4 hours not work related
    although i start to get quiet again after 10-30 minutes of not being quiet

not fun................very little....but i smile sometimes
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    JIxT

What stimulates you? How much external stimulation can you tolerate? What is your internal world like?
    I am not that extreme of an introvert. Competition and challenge stimulates me. I never actually got pushed to my limit before. A dance really bugs me because everything is so cramped so I just leave. I can be with my friends for a much longer time than I can be with acquaintences. My internal world is stable, consisent, and dark.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    INFJ

Being an introvert to me means having more depth than breadth, or at least valuing depth more than breadth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

I feel best when I am in my car.

It is MY space.

I have a long commute, but I don't mind because it gives me time to reflect on myself and plan my day.

As for external stimulation...extrovert people tend to exhaust me. I'm not lazy, but I'm like.... "do we always have to be hanging out with someone, or finding someone to hang out with? Why can't we just sit here and chill one on one"

I hate dance clubs. They are full of stupid girls who dress like skanks and get mad when someone "eye fucks" them or grabs their ass. You put yourself in that situation.... why the hell are you complaining?!!?

MBTI
    INTJ

What stimulates you?
    Hanging out with my husband and with other close friends. One-on-one conversations with other N types. Kittens.

How much external stimulation can you tolerate?
    Depends on the type of stimulation. I can handle groups/crowds for a few hours before I'm ready to leave.

What is your internal world like?
    Chaotic, strange, interesting

How much alone time do you need and how often do you need it?
    Probably 2-4 hours a day on average.

What comes along with being an introvert that most people don't realize?
    Societal pressure to act more extroverted and pretend to be someone you're not
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    For me it's like claustrophobia. Being around people is like being stuck inside a cramped, hot, stuffy space with no room to move. When I get to be alone again it's like being able to stretch out and it's cool and refreshing.

People suck.
    my sediments exactly... except the 'people suck' part...

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
    my sediments exactly... except the 'people suck' part...
    What a relevant Freudian slip.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.