User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    It's not just that I wasn't alone. She was also very emotionally demanding. I had to be careful of her feelings when I talked. I was under a lot of stress and pressure when she was here.
    Yeah, that's the kinda stuff I'm talking about that drains the hell out of my extraversion reserves. Stupid people that go blah blah blah about simple boring crap are similarly draining.

MBTI
    INFP

• What stimulates you?
      Opportunities to learn something profound about the world around me or about how I relate or respond to it.
    • How much external stimulation can you tolerate?
      Only that which I initiate for the most part.
    • What is your internal world like?
      It's surreal in a good way.
    • How much alone time do you need and how often do you need it?
      A lot. We're talking 20 hours per day.
    • What comes along with being an introvert that most people don't realize?
      We are quite sociable.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    What stimulates you? How much external stimulation can you tolerate? What is your internal world like? How much alone time do you need and how often do you need it? What comes along with being an introvert that most people don't realize?
    Interesting conversation, stimulants, and anything that produces adrenaline stimulate me. I can tolerate a large amount of external stimulation...but I normally don't like to go as far as I possibly can. If I am spending time with close friends, I need almost no alone time. If I am spending time with people I am not entirely comfortable with I will need at least a couple of hours a day.

What comes along with being an I that most people don't realize? Sometimes we just literally cannot think of something to say. No matter how hard we try our mind just refuses to work. Don't think we are just trying to be rude or awkward, we may actually be dieing to talk to someone.

With that said, I am becoming a relatively weak I.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    What comes along with being an I that most people don't realize? Sometimes we just literally cannot think of something to say. No matter how hard we try our mind just refuses to work.
    This is why I hate being asked to pray in front of others, even my friends. I usually just don't have that much to say or ask for.

MBTI
    INTJ

This is why I hate being asked to pray in front of others, even my friends. I usually just don't have that much to say or ask for.
    Yes, I simply refused to do this. If God had a problem he could take it up with me at some point.

I remember the one time I got called on to read something for my Spanish class. At the end of the class, when everyone was leaving the teacher walked up to me and says, "Don't worry. I won't ever ask you to read anything again." lol
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm surprised nobody made this one based on the extroverted one.

When any introverts out there can tear themselves away from the books they're currently reading, please take a moment to explain how you experience introversion.

What stimulates you? How much external stimulation can you tolerate? What is your internal world like? How much alone time do you need and how often do you need it? What comes along with being an introvert that most people don't realize?

Thank you for your participation. You may return to your book reading.
    i love people a lot. and i try to spend as much time with them as possible. it's just that i can't really deal with large groups of people well.

here's a typical party for me:
    - get together with a group of my close friends
    - try to convince them not to go to the party and fail
    - get to the party, find 1-2 other people i care about
    - awkwardly say hi to a few people that are friends with my friends
    - awkwardly not say hi to other people because i don't know if they remember me (or maybe i'll say hi if it's obvious they notice me)
    - get uncomfortable and go outside to smoke cigarettes, trying to round up my close friends along the way
    - stand outside smoking cigarettes, talking pretty much only to the people i came with
    - go back inside to test if it's gotten any less awkward, which obviously never happens
    - go back outside to smoke more cigarettes
    - feel sick from smoking like 10 cigarettes
    - try to convince my friends to leave
    - stand around looking uncomfortable until someone finally agrees to leave with me
    - talk with he/she on the walk home about how every party is exactly the same
    - finally feel comfortable when back at my apt or one of my close friends' apts

that might be a slight exaggeration; it's possible i'll have a good conversation with a stranger, but only if it's one on one or if i know everyone else in the circle quite well.

but then they just turn into people i'll awkwardly say hi to at other parties...

p.s. i hate dancefloors.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I think whether one goes to a party or not is not as good of a measure of extraversion as what one does while at a party and maybe at the end or afterwards.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post

A few years ago, I had an ISFJ friend who would come over to my house every day. She would arrive about 5 minutes after my kids got on the bus and she would leave when they got home. In about 2 or 3 weeks I became very depressed and had suicidal thoughts. The first time it happened, I didn't know what was the matter with me. When it happened again a short while later, I realized that it was because I had gone too long without being alone.

It's not just that I wasn't alone. She was also very emotionally demanding. I had to be careful of her feelings when I talked. I was under a lot of stress and pressure when she was here.
    Gosh, of course you were exhausted - you were entertaining this woman
    7-8 hours a day/40 hours a week. Most people would find that enervating, not to mention annoying and depressing.

A few years ago my best friend and I got together three or four days a week, spending several hours walking and talking. But we never tried it eight hours a day, five days a week. I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did. How did it end?

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think whether one goes to a party or not is not as good of a measure of extraversion as what one does while at a party and maybe at the end or afterwards.
    I would have to disagree. I am an I and still like to go to parties.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I would have to disagree. I am an I and still like to go to parties.
    I agree with this. It is behavior overall and preferences.