• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Well Adjusted Person

Mole

Permabanned
To successfully adjust to our society takes an act of pure genius.

And it is an act of genius that is routinely carried out by normal persons, that is, most of us.

And the act of genius is called, "disassociation".

In disassociation we split our personality in two - and this is where the genius comes in - both sides of our personality act and speak at the same time, but without being consciously aware of doing so.

So disassociation enables us to live successfully in a society that gives us double messages but forbids us from knowing this.

And of course MBTI simply maps the disassociated personality.

MBTI takes the divided self for granted and then analyses it in detail.

At the simplest level MBTI takes it for granted we are divided into E and I, extrovert and introvert.

In other words MBTI will help us disassociate and become well adjusted individuals.

Mole

Permabanned
Disassociation and Integration

The cure for disassociation is integration of the personality.

However the integration of the personality comes at a very high price. And the price of integration is the well adjusted personality.

This is a very high price to pay for if we become an integrated personality, we become a mal adjusted personality.

And as almost everyone around us is a well adjusted personality, the pain of being mal adjusted is too much to bear. So we quite reasonably, and unconsciously, bear the lesser pain of disassociation.

So we have a choice between two evils - the evil of disassociation and the evil of mal adjustment. And naturally we choose the lesser of the two evils.

And thank heavens MBTI is there to help us disassociate into E and I, and so become well adjusted individuals.

wolfy

awsm
I feel that I became more integrated by understanding and balancing the introverted and extroverted aspects of my personality. That is something I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't become interested in MBTI.

Sunny Ghost

The cure for disassociation is integration of the personality.

However the integration of the personality comes at a very high price. And the price of integration is the well adjusted personality.

This is a very high price to pay for if we become an integrated personality, we become a mal adjusted personality.

And as almost everyone around us is a well adjusted personality, the pain of being mal adjusted is too much to bear. So we quite reasonably, and unconsciously, bear the lesser pain of disassociation.

So we have a choice between two evils - the evil of disassociation and the evil of mal adjustment. And naturally we choose the lesser of the two evils.

And thank heavens MBTI is there to help us disassociate into E and I, and so become well adjusted individuals.

how is being integrated being mal adjusted?

i think one can either take the road of disassociation OR integrating oneself. both work. however, we see two types of "normal" or adjusted people. those who are aware of self and highly confident about who they are, and those whom seem lost... yet still confident or comfortable. ...with those being mal adjusted being the paranoid, anxious and awkward types lying somewhere between the two in a sort of limbo.

Mole

Permabanned
The map of disassociation

I feel that I became more integrated by understanding and balancing the introverted and extroverted aspects of my personality. That is something I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't become interested in MBTI.

Yes, as long as disassociation remains unconscious, there is no opportunity for integration.

However once we become conscious of the disassociation of E and I, we have the chance of integrating the two.

However as we become more integrated, we become more maladjusted.

So disassociation is a social trap into which most of us fall.

And once in the trap, it seems self evident to us. So when we are presented with a map of our disassociation like MBTI, it seems intuitive to us.

Mole

Permabanned
Adjusted to Society

how is being integrated being mal adjusted?
Society tends to give us conflicting messages, particularly to women. So as we adapt to society, we dissassociate into two personalites.

And although the two personalities speak at the same time, they don't speak to one another.

This is called being well adjusted to society.

However as we beoome more integrated, we become less well adjusted to the conflicting messages society gives us. And so the fully integrated person, the person with integrity, is maladjusted.

Sunny Ghost

Society tends to give us conflicting messages, particularly to women. So as we adapt to society, we dissassociate into two personalites.

And although the two personalities speak at the same time, they don't speak to one another.

This is called being well adjusted to society.

However as we beoome more integrated, we become less well adjusted to the conflicting messages society gives us. And so the fully integrated person, the person with integrity, is maladjusted.
not every integrated person is going to feel conflicting messages from society. each person or different type, views the world differently. not every person or type is going to feel this way.

also, even those with integrity won't necessarily experience feeling maladjusted to society. i do believe this is the case for many, but not all. some are capable of completely being their selves, yet find peace with the society or culture they reside.

Mole

Permabanned
Divide and Rule

But why would society create disassociated individuals?

Society creates disassociated individuals under the policy of divide and rule.

And divide and rule works. It worked with the Britixh Raj for two hundred years. And divide and rule works today with the USA system of unilatera treaties, called, "Spokes and Wheel".

And what worked with the British Raj and works with the USA hegemony, works with the individual.

So we are disassocited selves in the interests of power.

"Divide and rule", they say. And they have divided us right down to the level of our personality in order to rule us.

Mole

Permabanned
Desire and Disgust

Disgust arises in the disassociated self, while desire arises in the integrated self.

The disassociated self feels disgust with itself and views other disassociated selves with digust also.

While the integrated self desires to integrate more and more into itself and finds other integrated selves utterly desirable.

But if integration is so desirable, why are we so filled with disgust?

And the answer is very simple - the price of desire is social disapproval.

So most of us prefer to wallow in our disgust and self disgust and win social approval.

And desire goes begging.

Mole

Permabanned
Yes, MBTI is the map of the disassociated self.

We all need a map to get around, and as disassociation is the normal adjustment to our society, MBTI shows us where we are, and where we might go.

However we remember the map is not the territory, and is simply a map of what we take for granted, and is a map of the disassociated self. For instance, MBTI is not a map of the integrated self.

In fact MBTI is a map of the damaged self. And we see here how many of us have been undone. We have been dismembered without our knowing or remembering, and the invisible task in front of us is to all is to integrate the dismembered parts into one.

We are like a giant jigsaw puzzle where MBTI describes all the parts but provides us with no overall picture.