User Tag List

View Poll Results: How easily bored are you?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an Fi and am easily bored.

3 8.11%
  • I'm an Fi and am rarely bored.

3 8.11%
  • I'm a Ti and am easily bored.

4 10.81%
  • I'm a Ti and am rarely bored.

6 16.22%
  • I'm an Ni and am easily bored.

4 10.81%
  • I'm an Ni and am rarely bored.

4 10.81%
  • I'm an Si and am easily bored.

0 0%
  • I'm an Si and am rarely bored.

0 0%
  • I'm an Fe and am easily bored.

2 5.41%
  • I'm an Fe and am rarely bored.

1 2.70%
  • I'm a Te and am easily bored.

0 0%
  • I'm a Te and am rarely bored.

0 0%
  • I'm an Ne and am easily bored.

6 16.22%
  • I'm an Ne and am rarely bored.

4 10.81%
  • I'm an Se and am easily bored.

0 0%
  • I'm an Se and am rarely bored.

0 0%
123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Default Do you become bored easily??

Topic of Boredom

I'm always a bit aggravated when someone tells me they're bored. I'm one of those people whom are almost never bored. I can easily sit in a quiet house with no television, music, human interaction, or internet and still not be bored. I've wasted many a days in my life just sitting in silence. It allows my mind room to think... and how can thinking be boring? I do also keep myself busy with my own interests and hobbies. Sometimes, I also just enjoy observing. When I am interacting with others, I have little expectation for others to entertain me. If someone is overly entertaining, then yes of course I'll laugh and have fun. But I also enjoy non-overly exertive people as well. I take the time to get to know people, or simply enjoy the more laid back interaction. And if I feel someone else is feeling bored, then I amp up my own personality and become silly and will entertain the person I'm interacting with. I find most things in this world to be interesting, and will always find something to take out of every experience.

My question is, is this because I'm an introvert and I just don't need outside stimuli?

People will often tell me things, such as, "I can't stand being by myself." Or, "I can't stand this town, there's never anything to do." And I always wonder to myself, "Why can't people find the simple pleasures in life to be just as fun or entertaining or silence to be rewarding and inspiring?"

I feel as though I've even met introverts whom will make the statement, "I'm bored." Is this an introvert whom has been too distracted from their own self?

Or is boredom type related? Or is it not type related at all, but rather has to do with levels of health?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

To some extent, I've seen people use the word boredom when they really mean an inner state of restless unsettledness that they want to go away or else they have not spent enough time with the person inside themselves to cultivate a relationship with them. Most people don't like being around someone whom they have nothing to say to or whom they have to make small talk with, so they avoid their own company! Others have become accustomed to constant external input rather than ever learning to generate input internally to the external world in the form of thought, projects, skill development, creative endeavors etc. When things are too quiet, they feel a kind of alarm bell going off that something is wrong and seek out something to distract them from it.

Having said all that, I don't know how much extroversion plays into it. I do realize that some people get energy from interaction and that can't completely be discounted. I think that's different though than a feeling of panic the moment there is silence or a lack of stimulation and constant activity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

On the poll, do you want people to indicate by dominant function or are we able to vote multiple times?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i was going off dominant function.

however, i was more focused on introversion vs. extroversion and balance originally. but decided to take function into consideration as well.
    -John Green

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm chronically bored.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I can be bored a lot. But I can deal with it better than most other people I know it seems. Like I can sit or wait somewhere for a long time while other people cannot sit calm for 5 minutes - my mind can keep me busy still. But oftne I have my bored phases too, but as I say, I don't get so nervous etc. about it.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    To some extent, I've seen people use the word boredom when they really mean an inner state of restless unsettledness that they want to go away or else they have not spent enough time with the person inside themselves to cultivate a relationship with them. Most people don't like being around someone whom they have nothing to say to or whom they have to make small talk with, so they avoid their own company! Others have become accustomed to constant external input rather than ever learning to generate input internally to the external world in the form of thought, projects, skill development, creative endeavors etc. When things are too quiet, they feel a kind of alarm bell going off that something is wrong and seek out something to distract them from it.

Having said all that, I don't know how much extroversion plays into it. I do realize that some people get energy from interaction and that can't completely be discounted. I think that's different though than a feeling of panic the moment there is silence or a lack of stimulation and constant activity.
    Oh, I didn't mean to exclude the fact that I do know extroverts who seem as though they are able to cope with silence and most likely never become bored either.

My sister, an ESFJ, can be quite lazy... but comfortable in her laziness. She doesn't require the constant input of external stimuli. So, she doesn't seem to get bored... although, for her it seems as though she's sort of on shut down. (Not to say all extroverts are this way or that this is the actual case, but rather how it appears.)
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    I can be bored a lot. But I can deal with it better than most other people I know it seems.
    what's your definition of boredom then?
    -John Green

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I can't remember the last time I was actually bored. I entertain myself very easily by doing little hobbies of mine, internet, thinking, or coming up with another creative idea. I don't think I've ever really had room to be bored. I've always felt like there are options, even if you're by yourself. It use to irritate me to hear people talk about how bored they were. I never understood how anyone could be bored with so much to do in this world!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I can't remember the last time I was actually bored. I entertain myself very easily by doing little hobbies of mine, internet, thinking, or coming up with another creative idea. I don't think I've ever really had room to be bored. I've always felt like there are options, even if you're by yourself. It use to irritate me to hear people talk about how bored they were. I never understood how anyone could be bored with so much to do in this world!
    that's sort of how i feel. so much to do, so much to learn, so much to ponder.
    -John Green