• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you become bored easily??

How easily bored are you?

• I'm an Fi and am easily bored.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I'm an Fi and am rarely bored.

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • I'm a Ti and am easily bored.

• I'm a Ti and am rarely bored.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I'm an Ni and am easily bored.

• I'm an Ni and am rarely bored.

• I'm an Si and am easily bored.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an Si and am rarely bored.

• I'm an Fe and am easily bored.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I'm an Fe and am rarely bored.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I'm a Te and am easily bored.

• I'm a Te and am rarely bored.

• I'm an Ne and am easily bored.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I'm an Ne and am rarely bored.

• I'm an Se and am easily bored.

• I'm an Se and am rarely bored.

• Total voters

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
that's sort of how i feel. so much to do, so much to learn, so much to ponder.
Agree...sums it up. I'm usually not bored unless I am stuck in a place/situation maybe with people I don't want to be around and don't have the option to leave.

rav3n

Sometimes I get bored to tears if trapped in work-related social environments. Sometimes my projects bore me to tears so I create impossibly early deadlines to meet or procrastinate and end up doing all-nighters. Sometimes the things and people I normally enjoy, bore me. So I turtle and amuse myself by focusing on learning something new.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I easily become bored in periods. I can, however, always find something to do.
Unlike what some of you might think, my mind is almost constantly very active.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Yes and no. I mostly just get restless and impatient.

I don't know if that's boredom or not, but boredom seems more like a general lack of interest, which is something I generally don't have a problem with.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes and no. I mostly just get restless and impatient.

I don't know if that's boredom or not, but boredom seems more like a general lack of interest, which is something I generally don't have a problem with.

This. Exactly.

I think I have enough interest and interests to keep me occupied for several lifetimes, but this is problematic because I'm so easily distracted - especially by novelty. I often wish that after getting the gist of something to the point where I understand the idea, that I could just download everything else about it into my brain. I have this bad habit of buying a spate of books about a certain topic I'm interested in at the time, but by the time they're shipped to my house, I've found another interest that may only be tangentially related to that one. I have so many books I haven't read sitting on the bookshelf - I feel guilty. I need to stop doing that. :dry:

Anyway. I honestly think this is just my way of fending off boredom. Like I'm scared of it or something. Sometimes it honestly feels like my whole life's purpose is to fill that boredom void - in my case - by burying it in books and a proliferating web of interests that're never pursued to the extent I want to be able to pursue them.

So, yeah, restlessness and impatience - mostly with myself for have the attention span of a squirrel. If you mention something, there's a good chance I'll know what you're talking about, but not enough about it to have a conversation on it at length. I really hate that about me, so I'm trying to get better at focusing on one thing at a time for a long time. See how that goes. :rolleyes:

So, hm. I think I am easily bored, which is why I make it so that I am rarely, if ever, actually bored. I don't think those are mutually exclusive.

Sunny Ghost

This. Exactly.

I think I have enough interest and interests to keep me occupied for several lifetimes, but this is problematic because I'm so easily distracted - especially by novelty. I often wish that after getting the gist of something to the point where I understand the idea, that I could just download everything else about it into my brain. I have this bad habit of buying a spate of books about a certain topic I'm interested in at the time, but by the time they're shipped to my house, I've found another interest that may only be tangentially related to that one. I have so many books I haven't read sitting on the bookshelf - I feel guilty. I need to stop doing that. :dry:

Anyway. I honestly think this is just my way of fending off boredom. Like I'm scared of it or something. Sometimes it honestly feels like my whole life's purpose is to fill that boredom void - in my case - by burying it in books and a proliferating web of interests that're never pursued to the extent I want to be able to pursue them.

So, yeah, restlessness and impatience - mostly with myself for have the attention span of a squirrel. If you mention something, there's a good chance I'll know what you're talking about, but not enough about it to have a conversation on it at length. I really hate that about me, so I'm trying to get better at focusing on one thing at a time for a long time. See how that goes. :rolleyes:

So, hm. I think I am easily bored, which is why I make it so that I am rarely, if ever, actually bored. I don't think those are mutually exclusive.

I can definitely relate to your book fetish and interests, then moving on. Haha. I have a similar problem. So many unfinished projects and books sitting around my house. I'll get really into something initially, then something else will catch my attention.

Last edited:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was younger I used to always be able to find something to do...recently I get bored and stuck with nothing to do.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm bored right now

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm always bored. Why? Nothing New, I've mastered it all.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Ok, I posted here in this thread I deal easily with boredness, but I guess I am lying to myself. Actually I find myself being bored often enough. However, when I for example drive bus or so, I find I can easily fill my time with just being for myself and my thoughts.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm easily bored. I need things to do. I need stimulation, either physical or mental.

I've been like this since I was a child. I've always been introverted in that I've had little interest in other people and low social energy, but I've always liked observing whatever was around me and learning different things.

In school, I couldn't focus on anything for very long. I was considered highly capable, but the teachers had to prepare a lot of different things to get me through the day. I wasn't the type to be satisfied just sitting around, doing nothing but thinking.

It's not so much that my thoughts are boring, but I go crazy with them. My mind goes to bad places. So then, I need distraction.

I still can't focus on a lot of things for long. I take breaks from whatever I'm doing often. I prefer doing the few activities that excite me. However, it's not that "I can't stand being by myself" (I generally prefer it) or that I can't stand this town (all places are about the same to me). I am satisfied by simple things, but I need something to do.