User Tag List

View Poll Results: How easily bored are you?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an Fi and am easily bored.

3 8.11%
  • I'm an Fi and am rarely bored.

3 8.11%
  • I'm a Ti and am easily bored.

4 10.81%
  • I'm a Ti and am rarely bored.

6 16.22%
  • I'm an Ni and am easily bored.

4 10.81%
  • I'm an Ni and am rarely bored.

4 10.81%
  • I'm an Si and am easily bored.

0 0%
  • I'm an Si and am rarely bored.

0 0%
  • I'm an Fe and am easily bored.

2 5.41%
  • I'm an Fe and am rarely bored.

1 2.70%
  • I'm a Te and am easily bored.

0 0%
  • I'm a Te and am rarely bored.

0 0%
  • I'm an Ne and am easily bored.

6 16.22%
  • I'm an Ne and am rarely bored.

4 10.81%
  • I'm an Se and am easily bored.

0 0%
  • I'm an Se and am rarely bored.

0 0%
First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    that's sort of how i feel. so much to do, so much to learn, so much to ponder.
    Agree...sums it up. I'm usually not bored unless I am stuck in a place/situation maybe with people I don't want to be around and don't have the option to leave.

Sometimes I get bored to tears if trapped in work-related social environments. Sometimes my projects bore me to tears so I create impossibly early deadlines to meet or procrastinate and end up doing all-nighters. Sometimes the things and people I normally enjoy, bore me. So I turtle and amuse myself by focusing on learning something new.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I easily become bored in periods. I can, however, always find something to do.
    Unlike what some of you might think, my mind is almost constantly very active.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Yes and no. I mostly just get restless and impatient.

I don't know if that's boredom or not, but boredom seems more like a general lack of interest, which is something I generally don't have a problem with.

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Yes and no. I mostly just get restless and impatient.

I don't know if that's boredom or not, but boredom seems more like a general lack of interest, which is something I generally don't have a problem with.
    This. Exactly.

I think I have enough interest and interests to keep me occupied for several lifetimes, but this is problematic because I'm so easily distracted - especially by novelty. I often wish that after getting the gist of something to the point where I understand the idea, that I could just download everything else about it into my brain. I have this bad habit of buying a spate of books about a certain topic I'm interested in at the time, but by the time they're shipped to my house, I've found another interest that may only be tangentially related to that one. I have so many books I haven't read sitting on the bookshelf - I feel guilty. I need to stop doing that.

Anyway. I honestly think this is just my way of fending off boredom. Like I'm scared of it or something. Sometimes it honestly feels like my whole life's purpose is to fill that boredom void - in my case - by burying it in books and a proliferating web of interests that're never pursued to the extent I want to be able to pursue them.

So, yeah, restlessness and impatience - mostly with myself for have the attention span of a squirrel. If you mention something, there's a good chance I'll know what you're talking about, but not enough about it to have a conversation on it at length. I really hate that about me, so I'm trying to get better at focusing on one thing at a time for a long time. See how that goes.

So, hm. I think I am easily bored, which is why I make it so that I am rarely, if ever, actually bored. I don't think those are mutually exclusive.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    This. Exactly.

I think I have enough interest and interests to keep me occupied for several lifetimes, but this is problematic because I'm so easily distracted - especially by novelty. I often wish that after getting the gist of something to the point where I understand the idea, that I could just download everything else about it into my brain. I have this bad habit of buying a spate of books about a certain topic I'm interested in at the time, but by the time they're shipped to my house, I've found another interest that may only be tangentially related to that one. I have so many books I haven't read sitting on the bookshelf - I feel guilty. I need to stop doing that.

Anyway. I honestly think this is just my way of fending off boredom. Like I'm scared of it or something. Sometimes it honestly feels like my whole life's purpose is to fill that boredom void - in my case - by burying it in books and a proliferating web of interests that're never pursued to the extent I want to be able to pursue them.

So, yeah, restlessness and impatience - mostly with myself for have the attention span of a squirrel. If you mention something, there's a good chance I'll know what you're talking about, but not enough about it to have a conversation on it at length. I really hate that about me, so I'm trying to get better at focusing on one thing at a time for a long time. See how that goes.

So, hm. I think I am easily bored, which is why I make it so that I am rarely, if ever, actually bored. I don't think those are mutually exclusive.
    I can definitely relate to your book fetish and interests, then moving on. Haha. I have a similar problem. So many unfinished projects and books sitting around my house. I'll get really into something initially, then something else will catch my attention.
    Last edited by IndyGhost; 01-23-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    STP

When I was younger I used to always be able to find something to do...recently I get bored and stuck with nothing to do.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm bored right now

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I'm always bored. Why? Nothing New, I've mastered it all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Ok, I posted here in this thread I deal easily with boredness, but I guess I am lying to myself. Actually I find myself being bored often enough. However, when I for example drive bus or so, I find I can easily fill my time with just being for myself and my thoughts.