User Tag List

View Poll Results: How easily bored are you?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an Fi and am easily bored.

3 8.11%
  • I'm an Fi and am rarely bored.

3 8.11%
  • I'm a Ti and am easily bored.

4 10.81%
  • I'm a Ti and am rarely bored.

6 16.22%
  • I'm an Ni and am easily bored.

4 10.81%
  • I'm an Ni and am rarely bored.

4 10.81%
  • I'm an Si and am easily bored.

0 0%
  • I'm an Si and am rarely bored.

0 0%
  • I'm an Fe and am easily bored.

2 5.41%
  • I'm an Fe and am rarely bored.

1 2.70%
  • I'm a Te and am easily bored.

0 0%
  • I'm a Te and am rarely bored.

0 0%
  • I'm an Ne and am easily bored.

6 16.22%
  • I'm an Ne and am rarely bored.

4 10.81%
  • I'm an Se and am easily bored.

0 0%
  • I'm an Se and am rarely bored.

0 0%
First 12345 Last

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I am exactly like this! I do that too! I have to go outside several times a day and walk, but I can do it alone and don't have to have a particular goal, it's just walking to burn off restlessness, and so that I am not always sitting or inside a building.
    Yup. With no goal in mind. That's exactly how it is and why I do it.

Hey we're both in L.A... We should be walking buddies.

I think boredom and restlessness are two different things, like IndyAnnaJoan touched on...restlessness almost seems more physical, like you aren't getting enough exercise or sunlight or interaction with other people? I also think I get restless when I'm sleep deprived...I experience it as being "boredom" but it's my brain's way of saying "let's go to sleep now." Either that or being so tired that you're wired, that kind of thing.

I get cabin fever when it rains heavily every day or if I try to stay inside for more than half a day, and/or if I don't have any real-time interaction with other people.
    Yeah, I think I tend to mix the two up sometimes. I guess it's because when I get that restless feeling I can't tell what it is sometimes so I think to myself, "Am I bored or something?" Why do I feel like this?" I feel better now though remembering that there's a distinction. I just don't like when my mind and body aren't in sync like that.

It's difficult to say whether I am easily bored or not. I don't feel bored much, but then I am able to entertain myself even in silence just thinking. But boredom is seeing your environment as not stimulating so a tendency to do that is a tendency to be bored easy. The only times I feel bored is when I need something physical, some kind of stimulation. That is why I associate restlessness with boredom, that is the only time I can't alleviate it mentally.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    The only times I feel bored is when I need something physical, some kind of stimulation. That is why I associate restlessness with boredom, that is the only time I can't alleviate it mentally.
    Hey that's a good point. I think that's why I've been equating the two to be the same. The only time I really have that bored feeling is like you said, when I need that physical stimulation. I hate when I can't alleviate it mentally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I become distracted easily is that different to becoming bored easily?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    I become distracted easily is that different to becoming bored easily?
    haha. hmm... i dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It's difficult to say whether I am easily bored or not. I don't feel bored much, but then I am able to entertain myself even in silence just thinking. But boredom is seeing your environment as not stimulating so a tendency to do that is a tendency to be bored easy. The only times I feel bored is when I need something physical, some kind of stimulation. That is why I associate restlessness with boredom, that is the only time I can't alleviate it mentally.
    good point. i suppose i can understand it from that perspective.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Permabanned

I'm usually not bored. There is always something to think about, research etc. Although I've noticed people used the term "bored" differently. When I'm "bored" it usually means I'm going through an apathetic cynical phase. My brother is "bored" when he doesn't think there is anything that he can get done...ie he's done everything for the day.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    I'm usually not bored. There is always something to think about, research etc. Although I've noticed people used the term "bored" differently. When I'm "bored" it usually means I'm going through an apathetic cynical phase. My brother is "bored" when he doesn't think there is anything that he can get done...ie he's done everything for the day.
    i think i just have an aversion towards the word "bored." i think it roots from a few various friends of mine that were always chronically bored. it always irritated me, and so i just sort of hate when people toss that word around as well.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    what's your definition of boredom then?
    I don't know, some sort of empty feel or when you don't know what you want to do next. Also some feel of annoyedness often when you are forced to do something which you don't want to do because it is boring to you. The latter shows badly on me too, but the first one is more internal and doesn't show that much external, so I thought I deal differently with it than some others maybe.

For example at school times. Some school mate asked me how I can sit always so calm in lessons and not be bored from it and still listen to the teacher. The truth is I was bored very often, just it doesn't show on me that easily; I wasn't really listening to the teacher, but really was always thinking about other things while looking as if I was listening.

I get bored and restless around people more often. I have a lot of things to occupy myself while alone. Just depends. When I was younger, I was the same way, but I didn't exactly take the stereotypical INFP route and get lost in imagination.. I think it took a bad turn for awhile and I gravitated towards whatever fantasy existed out in the world. Sometimes I'd do something illegal or risky or ditched some good (but boring) people for crazier ones. I want life to be.. epic or something. I feel gypped sometimes, but I don't know what to do about it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I had a conversation about this only recently in which I realized that I hadn´t been bored in many years, probably since my childhood. I get very easily overstimulated and need heeps of me-time to recover. How can you be bored when there is as much as a phone book to read or a landscape to look at, etc? And since my default modus is being somewhat disconnected from my physical environment, I really don´t remember the last time I thought "man, there is nothing to do or keep me busy!". My thoughts just drift off as soon as the situation allows for it and I start daydreaming.
    My Mum used to complain that I was so lost in my thoughts as a little girl that between putting on the right shoe and the left shoe I had already forgotten what I was doing and sometimes took off the first shoe after putting on the second one because I had forgotten if I was coming or going.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari