• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Showing understanding with 'I' and 'you'.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You are following an artist in Boston called Till.
My eye hurts.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You are sorry my eye hurts. Thanks. :)

I think people could learn a lot from dogs.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
You are wondering who had bitten Aquarelle99 lately.

I want to get out of the place I am now as soon as possible.

H

Hate

You: You want to get out of the place you're at right now as soon as possible.

I: I like following Victor's format to the T. So that is why I continue to use "You: You" and "I: I" in this thread.

gromit

likes this
You like following Victor's format to the T. So that's why you continue to use "You: You" and "I: I" in this thread.

I just finished an amaaaaaaazing dinner and feel so content.

Mole

Permabanned
I: I like following Victor's format to the T. So that is why I continue to use "You: You" and "I: I" in this thread.

You; You like following the format to a T.

I: I find if I follow the format, I can show understanding as well as exprss myself under 'I'.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You like following Victor's format to the T. So that's why you continue to use "You: You" and "I: I" in this thread.

I just finished an amaaaaaaazing dinner and feel so content.

You just finished an amazing dinner and feel very content.

I would like to know what you had for dinner! :)

Mole

Permabanned
I: I would like to know what you had for dinner! :)

You: You would like to know what gromit had for dinner.

I: I was wondering, how is your eye, and how are you getting on with dogs and people?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My God, what fresh retardation is this?

Mole

Permabanned
I: My God, what fresh retardation is this?

You: You are wondering what we are doing.

I: I think we are starting at the very beginning and practising the elements of understanding with one another.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You: You are wondering what we are doing.

I: I think we are starting at the very beginning and practising the elements of understanding with one another.

You: You are failing at the understanding thing.

I: don't believe rigid structures promote nuanced understanding.

Lien

You: You are failing at the understanding thing.

I: don't believe rigid structures promote nuanced understanding.

You don't believe rigid structures promote nuanced understanding.

I wish I didn't have to have so much trouble answering this.

Mole

Permabanned
Transforming ourselves through practice

I: I wish I didn't have to have so much trouble answering this.

You: You wish you didn't have to go to so much trouble answering this.

I: I started this thread to practise showing we understand. This is the very first step. And if we practise, we will find it will transform us. If we practise, there will come a time when we 'get it". However if you don't wish to be transformed, there is no need to practise.

Lien

You: You wish you didn't have to go to so much trouble answering this.

I: I started this thread to practise showing we understand. This is the very first step. And if we practise, we will find it will transform us. If we practise, there will come a time when we 'get it". However if you don't wish to be transformed, there is no need to practise.

You started this thread to practice how to show that we understand. It is the first step. Practicing this will lead to change. If we practice enough, we will "get it" one day. There is no need to take part, if I don't want to change.

I want to enjoy existence!

Mole

Permabanned
I: I want to enjoy existence!

You: You want to enjoy exiistence.

I : And I want to enjoy existence with you. And it is unlikely you will enjoy existence alone, so we are leaning to enjoy existence together by understaning one another.
Of course you may feel hampered by other people, so you may prefer to enjoy existence alone.

You may not be enjoying your existence at the moment, so you are in a kind of prison without enjoyment. And when we are in prison, the only important thing is to get out. I wonder how you could break out.

Lien

You: You want to enjoy exiistence.

I : And I want to enjoy existence with you. And it is unlikely you will enjoy existence alone, so we are leaning to enjoy existence together by understaning one another.
Of course you may feel hampered by other people, so you may prefer to enjoy existence alone.

You may not be enjoying your existence at the moment, so you are in a kind of prison without enjoyment. And when we are in prison, the only important thing is to get out. I wonder how you could break out.

You want to enjoy existence with me. It is unlikely to enjoy existence alone, so we are learning to enjoy existence together by understanding one another. you say I may feel hampered by other people, so I might prefer to enjoy existence alone. Also, you wonder if I am caged and want to escape badly.

I do wonder how to escape all the time.

Mole

Permabanned
Pronoid

I: I do wonder how to escape all the time.

You: You wonder how to escape all the time.

I: I escape every day. I escape right out my front door. I escape to Canberra which is like a huge outdoor lounge room full of interesting things to do and extraordinary people to meet.

On the other hand I carry around in my head a little prison where I am told what to do and where to do it. Mostly I just ignore it and escape, escape, escape. I escape like a bird from its cage and fly across the lake to fruit salad and fresh vegetable juice, to the University and the latest discoveries, and to artistic events held all over town.

Sometimes I feel guilty escaping all the time, but nothing bad seems to happen to me so I keep on escaping.

In fact I think I am becoming pronoid, the opposite of paranoid. Yes, I think I am becoming pronoid which is an unreasonable belief that the world wishes me well.