User Tag List

View Poll Results: How beautiful / handsome do you think you are?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • NF - above average attractiveness

8 8.00%
  • NF - average attractiveness

28 28.00%
  • NF - below average attractiveness

9 9.00%
  • SJ - above average attractiveness

0 0%
  • SJ - average attractiveness

2 2.00%
  • SJ - below average attractiveness

1 1.00%
  • SP - above average attractiveness

3 3.00%
  • SP - average attractiveness

8 8.00%
  • SP - below average attractiveness

0 0%
  • NT - above average attractiveness

15 15.00%
  • NT - average attractiveness

20 20.00%
  • NT - below average attractiveness

6 6.00%
First 45678 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    I have mine on my profile already. I don't like to post it on random threads.
    Me too! I'm the girl on the left.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I imagine I'm average. I've been called pretty a lot, I'm not hard on the eyes, but I'm not drop dead gorgeous, either.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Old man Freud once claimed that growing up most girls either identify with beauty or with brain. I grew up thinking "Oh well, at least I´m not stupid" and have always considered myself below average until I reached my twenties. Contact lenses made a big difference as well in my self perception. Today I would say that my body is pretty attractive by most social standards (even though the legs are a bit short), my hair is a desaster and my face is aweful on a bad day and more than okay on a good day (that is with contacts and a little cover on the blemishes). At home I wear simple confortable cloths and glasses, the opposite when I get out to meet people. Sometimes I go out "undone", just to buy some groceries around the corner, and I then usually feel invisible, as if wearing a disguise or an invisibility cloak, not really myself, not in sinc with how I see myself.
    When I unexpectedly pass a mirror I always get a little bit tense before looking at it. Will I like what I see or cringe? The chances are 50-50. I´m working on that (the self perception, not the exterior).
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

The invisibility cloak...YES. I've done this periodically throughout my adult life, but never heard it articulated that way.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    ----

where is the 'ridiculously good looking' option? pls fix poll.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Average to slightly below average. Now stick me in with a bunch of 90 year old and watch my attractiveness ratings soar.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't really know. When I was in Middle School and High School, I used to hate looking at mirrors, and I also had some sort of social anxiety disorder. I trained myself out of it by forcing myself into looking at a mirror on a daily basis, and for the anxiety convincing myself that people really can't see me past their ego's anyway. I can't say that I eventually saw what I liked in the mirror, mostly I just learned to see a blank.

Sometimes people are surprised when I tell them that I have trouble judging male attractiveness. I assumed most guys couldn't do this well. It makes sense, what kinda guy wants really cares what that other guy looks like? I'm probably just image stunted.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I currently fluctuate between feeling below average and average. After another year of working out, I admit I'd pick the 'above average' option.

I'd consider the absolute basis of a person. For my basis, I find there is a fantastic foundation that just isn't up to par yet. Though I don't want to be cruel in saying it, and do acknowledge there are an abundance of attractive qualities, there are people who just aren't equipped with a good foundation.
    This and it having a lot to do with perception. Defining if someone is considered above average attractiveness because they fit the majority mold the best, or because they break it in certain ways. Etc. There are a number of factors. I personally don't feel I fit the mold - or will fit it better when up to par. I more so feel I will be above average in a slightly unique way, which resonates more with me and my own perception.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i feel as though it is unhealthy to compare oneself to another person, and i often strive not to do this as it leads to jealousy, envy and insecurity.

i personally find myself to be very attractive and am very confident in myself some days... and other days i think i'm hideous and insecure. as i get older, however, i find myself more and more comfortable in my own skin and confident in my own right. if i'm spending my life in this suit, i should learn to love it, right?

also, the original post does make a blurb: are we talking about how others view us on the attractiveness scale or how we view ourselves?

i think a lot of people find me to be attractive. but i don't know if this makes me average or above average, and personally, i don't wish to compare in those terms. i faced enough insecurity as a teenager. however, i've always been told i have an interesting look. i have an interesting mixed and diverse gene pool, i suppose, and have unusual features. but i've been told several times in my life that i should be a model. i was always thin growing up (though thickening some with age...) and tall.
    I feel the same way.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm hot if you're into midgets.